ADVERTISEMENT

Why an AR-15?

I get it if you live in a crime infested area. I've fortunately never had to live in one so don't know what I'd do if I did. Guessing we have quite a few rural people on here, some CR and Des Moines people I know and then of course many of our Florida peeps. For some reason quite a few of the rural people seem to be the most scared, guys like @Gimmered who is ready to shoot people the minute they pull up to his driveway. Again, if I lived in Des Moines, CR, any suburb I really don't fear people just randomly breaking my door down in the middle of the night. And you also hear very few stories about people getting their guns and shooting the intruder dead. Yes, it happens. It also happens very very rarely. What am I missing?
LOL at you dumbasses. Never did I say I was shooting at people pulling into my drive way. I even said I live in a typical neighborhood. I did say it would never be a good idea to walk up to a farm house here at night. 911 is 45 minutes to 2 hours away, sometimes the next day.

Living in a low crime area isn't a no crime area. When crime does happen it can be ugly, these guys are prepared. You will very likely be met by a large farm dog that doesn't want you there, that's why I say you'll likely never leave your car. You'll also find a loaded gun close to the door. Coyotes are a real thing here. They like to kill farm cats and dogs, as well as any other thing they can eat. Make an unannounced visit to a farm house at night and that gun will likely be pointed your way.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Lol - that's A definition (maybe) but not THE definition. There are others. Not surprised this fact eludes you.

A foolish and paranoid gun lover - just what this country needs more of. :rolleyes:

How do you get away with not registering your vehicles? What "due process" do red flag laws violate?
From a statistical standpoint, its "THE" definition (and much more accurate than yours), but like I said, I asked for an opinion, so I cant be upset when you provide superficial responses, so im not.

You'll have to show me the amendment that guarantees the "right to drive".

And again, you missed the most important bullet. Nothing you listed is having any substantial impact on violent crimes.

• Haha
  • And, most importantly, none of these would have any meaningful effect in terms of reducing violent crimes.
How do you know? If semi-automatic rifle purchase age was changed from 18 to 21, would the Uvalde shooter have been able to acquire the weapon(s) needed to carry out his crime? Most just assume everyone knows how to acquire guns illegally. I certainly do not, but I would make the assumption there are measures in place to monitor the illegal acquisition of a weapon more so than a legal purchase.

How do you know? If semi-automatic rifle purchase age was changed from 18 to 21, would the Uvalde shooter have been able to acquire the weapon(s) needed to carry out his crime? Most just assume everyone knows how to acquire guns illegally. I certainly do not, but I would make the assumption there are measures in place to monitor the illegal acquisition of a weapon more so than a legal purchase.
Until the background information is actually submitted and able to be "checked", age gates, "expanded" bgc, etc are exercises in futility.
Certain juvenile records need to not be sealed from NICS. Doctors, agencies, etc need to be held responsible for submitting records for all to NICS. The system is only as good as the data it gets fed, and its woefully weak right now.

• Haha
Until the background information is actually submitted and able to be "checked", age gates, "expanded" bgc, etc are exercises in futility.
Certain juvenile records need to not be sealed from NICS. Doctors, agencies, etc need to be held responsible for submitting records for all to NICS. The system is only as good as the data it gets fed, and its woefully weak right now.
But you'd agree that "just because it's hard or may take a while" is prevalent now, that's not a reason to just sit back and do nothing, correct?

I’m thankful I’ve made it to the age of 52 and not had to BLOW UP any deer, rabbits, and squirrels - at the SAME time - nonetheless - if I wanted to. If that family of deer behind our property line only knew how easily I could annihilate them with a quick trigger pull. 😏

Reactions: littlez
But you'd agree that "just because it's hard or may take a while" is prevalent now, that's not a reason to just sit back and do nothing, correct?
I dont agree with new laws for the sake of new laws. We have enough laws on the books already and theyre not being enforced as they should be. Fix what's broken.
So the quick answer to your question is; 'no, i dont agree.'

• Haha
LOL at you dumbasses. Never did I say I was shooting at people pulling into my drive way. I even said I live in a typical neighborhood. I did say it would never be a good idea to walk up to a farm house here at night. 911 is 45 minutes to 2 hours away, sometimes the next day.

Living in a low crime area isn't a no crime area. When crime does happen it can be ugly, these guys are prepared. You will very likely be met by a large farm dog that doesn't want you there, that's why I say you'll likely never leave your car. You'll also find a loaded gun close to the door. Coyotes are a real thing here. They like to kill farm cats and dogs, as well as any other thing they can eat. Make an unannounced visit to a farm house at night and that gun will likely be pointed your way.
You seem to know a lot about farmhouses for a guy that lives in a typical neighborhood.

I dont agree with new laws for the sake of new laws. We have enough laws on the books already and theyre not being enforced as they should be. Fix what's broken.
So hold on here. So on one hand you don't agree w/new laws for the sake of new laws. On the other hand you want to fix what's broken. You think the gun laws are perfectly fine the way they are? Nothing needs to be fixed?

So hold on here. So on one hand you don't agree w/new laws for the sake of new laws. On the other hand you want to fix what's broken. You think the gun laws are perfectly fine the way they are? Nothing needs to be fixed?
No new laws are needed to fix what is broken.

• Haha
You seem to know a lot about farmhouses for a guy that lives in a typical neighborhood.
JFC dude I live in SW Nebraska. Of course I know a lot about farm houses. Many of my friends live in them, I would never drive up to them without calling to let them know I on my way.

If you think it would work out OK for you go for it.

From a statistical standpoint, its "THE" definition (and much more accurate than yours), but like I said, I asked for an opinion, so I cant be upset when you provide superficial responses, so im not.

You'll have to show me the amendment that guarantees the "right to drive".

And again, you missed the most important bullet. Nothing you listed is having any substantial impact on violent crimes.
You're dumber than I thought, and that's saying something. There is no "right to drive" yet we have car registration. Are you not registering your vehicles?

Such a hack.

What specific laws are on the books now that aren't being enforced?

What specific laws are on the books now that aren't being enforced?
I already said - doctors, police officers, etc not submitting records to NICS. As well as weapon possession chargers not being prosecuted/bargained down too often. The third is juvenile records being sealed - I don't know if that would require a law change or policy change, but sealing juvenile records is why age gates are next to useless.

• Haha
You're dumber than I thought, and that's saying something. There is no "right to drive" yet we have car registration. Are you not registering your vehicles?

Such a hack.
Exactly: no right hence govt is free to put as many restrictions as they want on driving. What part of this are you not comprehending?

Your just babbling now. Take a knee.
If I had to guess what happened, I'd say you misread my comment, went all neanderthal again, I pointed out your baseless outrage, you reread and realized you screwed the pooch, and now youre trying to save face by avoidance and deflection.

And there's a whole shit pot of people on here that have never set foot on a farm who will gladly tell you everything there is to know about farming. 95% of the time they are factually wrong, spouting nonsensical opinion, ironically the same people who are usually wrong about the gun debate...

If I had to guess what happened, I'd say you misread my comment, went all neanderthal again, I pointed out your baseless outrage, you reread and realized you screwed the pooch, and now youre trying to save face by avoidance and deflection.
As usual, you guess wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT