ADVERTISEMENT

Why are there so many Nebraska fans on this board?

Can you find a similar article about Nebraska fans???? I’ll save you some time, the answer is no.

We aren't as obsessed with you guys. I mean, look at your handle. I am sure it is one of many. I've never been to your board. I have met plenty of bad Nebraska fans. If you want the reason I hate your program so much it is because of the people that have come on here for years talking about how great you all are. Then we won all those games in a row... still didn't go to your board. You guys beat our worst team in years. You knocked us out of the Big Ten Title which really sucked. Congrats.

Don't bother responding to me. I have you on ignore.

a feeling of foolish or obsessively strong love for, admiration for, or interest in someone or something : strong and unreasoning attachment
She speaks openly about the real-life subject of one of her songs, a conservatory teacher who is both a neighbor in her apartment building and the unwilling object of her obsessive infatuation.—Sasha Frere-Jones
Craig Claiborne wrote about it in 1963, when he was deep in his infatuation with dill and meatballs and all things Nordic.—Amanda Hesser
: the object of an unreasoning or foolish attachment
And then, I began trying to forge their autographs. I'm not sure

th
My question to the Nebraska question is why are their Cults. Strange and obsessive (gbr) people that try and force their ideals on everyone else and constantly looking for praise.

Their recruiting success is mostly tied to NIL money....and their fanbase is very boastful thinking that they can now toss large sums of money towards that. And then their media will try and act like their new coaches are great recruiters instead of acknowledging the money part.

Eventually, there will be NIL rules enforced.....Nebraska and some others will be held accountable.....meanwhile, that kind of recuiting is built on sand...and like previous seasons, Nebraska will fall apart when things get tough on the field.

• Haha
Reactions: MethMouthIowan
We don’t exactly represent the Hawkeyes well on any message board. We probably should have been more gracious losers when they owned the series 8 to 2. Me and @kentadel are the best representatives for Iowa, we don’t get caught up in silly name calling. I doubt they’d even be here if we didn’t constantly post about Nebraska football, just food for thought, don’t shoot the messenger. I’ll definitely call out my fellow Hawk fans from now on. BTW, our fan base at Kinnick was absolutely embarrassing after the loss in 2022, they never treated us that way in Lincoln. There were stories written about it. Think about it.
Give me some examples of the “embarrassing” things that the Iowa fan base did at Kinnick after the loss to Nebraska.

I lived in Iowa City and worked at the UI from 2017-2022. I have many friends at the journalism school, the Daily Iowan and on the east side. I remain interested in Iowa athletics despite rarely rooting for the Hawkeyes. And I mean "rarely" may be an overstatement.
From your posts on this site and the Nebraska site, you seem very bitter towards Iowa, despite living/working in Iowa for a short time period and apparently even developing some friendships in Iowa. Did you, or a family member, get beat up by an Iowa fan at some point in your life?

From your posts on this site and the Nebraska site, you seem very bitter towards Iowa, despite living/working in Iowa for a short time period and apparently even developing some friendships in Iowa. Did you, or a family member, get beat up by an Iowa fan at some point in your life?
Nah. Just wasn't close to family or friends in Iowa. And after having lived in or near larger metro areas my entire life, being two hours from Des Moines, four hours to Omaha and Chicago, and five hours to Minneapolis or KC didn't work well for me. Cedar Rapids wasn't my cup of tea, and the weather really got to me, too.

One anecdote, though: On my first week in Iowa City, I met a former student (taught her in high school when I lived in Colorado) who is now on the UI faculty. She brought her husband to the jazz festival over the Fourth of July weekend, and the first thing he asked was if I knew what the "N" on the Nebraska football helmet stood for. While he thought he was being clever, it just felt mean and unnecessarily trite considering the joke itself has been around for about as long as I've been alive (61 years). After all, I'd lived in Colorado for 23 years, trying to avoid unnecessary BS from Buffaloes fans. During my final four years in Colorado, I taught at CU, so things settled down there because we didn't play them during that time.

As much as anything, I was (and still am, apparently) a little jealous of Iowa's athletic success, particularly in men's sports, specifically watching my alma mater get its ass handed to it by Iowa for the five years I lived there, aside from the occasional bizarre men's basketball upset.

In short, Iowa never felt warm to me, either physically or emotionally, though we did enjoy a few things during our time, most notably Hancher, the Englert and Rapid Creek Cidery, which is now part of the whole Wilson's Orchard megaplex north of town.

Now I live in Baltimore, closer to family and friends, and in a state whose politics are more closely aligned with my own.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Ive
Nah. Just wasn't close to family or friends in Iowa. And after having lived in or near larger metro areas my entire life, being two hours from Des Moines, four hours to Omaha and Chicago, and five hours to Minneapolis or KC didn't work well for me. Cedar Rapids wasn't my cup of tea, and the weather really got to me, too.

One anecdote, though: On my first week in Iowa City, I met a former student (taught her in high school when I lived in Colorado) who is now on the UI faculty. She brought her husband to the jazz festival over the Fourth of July weekend, and the first thing he asked was if I knew what the "N" on the Nebraska football helmet stood for. While he thought he was being clever, it just felt mean and unnecessarily trite considering the joke itself has been around for about as long as I've been alive (61 years). After all, I'd lived in Colorado for 23 years, trying to avoid unnecessary BS from Buffaloes fans. During my final four years in Colorado, I taught at CU, so things settled down there because we didn't play them during that time.

As much as anything, I was (and still am, apparently) a little jealous of Iowa's athletic success, particularly in men's sports, specifically watching my alma mater get its ass handed to it by Iowa for the five years I lived there, aside from the occasional bizarre men's basketball upset.

In short, Iowa never felt warm to me, either physically or emotionally, though we did enjoy a few things during our time, most notably Hancher, the Englert and Rapid Creek Cidery, which is now part of the whole Wilson's Orchard megaplex north of town.

Now I live in Baltimore, closer to family and friends, and in a state whose politics are more closely aligned with my own.
I've lived in Salt Lake city and Phoenix and a few other cities but Iowa always feels like home to me. It's strange how you can feel comfortable in one place but not so much in many others

Ive

I've lived in Salt Lake city and Phoenix and a few other cities but Iowa always feels like home to me. It's strange how you can feel comfortable in one place but not so much in many others
Right? I grew up in Nebraska and still love Lincoln and UNL, but Maryland feels like home because this is where my family lives.

In retrospect, COVID really hurt my ability to feel at home in IC. I was there five years, and two of them were spent in my home, not connecting with the Iowans around me.

I will try to keep up with the students I taught (sports writing class) and the journalists I met, but that's about it.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Right? I grew up in Nebraska and still love Lincoln and UNL, but Maryland feels like home because this is where my family lives.

In retrospect, COVID really hurt my ability to feel at home in IC. I was there five years, and two of them were spent in my home, not connecting with the Iowans around me.

I will try to keep up with the students I taught (sports writing class) and the journalists I met, but that's about it.
I find the extreme liberalism in some people in Iowa city nice coming from a small town that's almost all republican. I lived in Iowa city after college and every time i move away for a job i end up back in Iowa city. It's home for me. I've never spent time in Maryland though. It seems like a pretty nice place. Would love to see the Hawkeyes play Maryland sometime.

Reactions: Iron Doc and 9and4

Nice, reasoned response, moreso than some of your posts, particularly on the Nebraska board. I was banned there long ago for simply saying that I think the Huskers all-time football winning percentage is somewhat inflated by playing in the old Big 8 with generally the only really tough annual game against Oklahoma. However, I still lurk there occasionally. My brother lives in Lincoln and is a big husker fan, so I try to keep a pulse on what’s going on. Like you, I moved around a bit during my work career, including several other Big 10 cities. So, I can relate to snide remarks made by other fanbases. I agree the old/tired “N” for knowledge on Nebraska’s helmets joke is lame, but when you reside in enemy territory, just gotta “roll with the punches”. With my recent retirement I’ve moved back to the Des Moines area, closer to family, Hawkeye fans, a decent cost of living, and it’s more in-line with my conservative political viewpoints. 😉

How can Iowa fans be on the Nebby board as their wimpy moderators ban everyone that doesn’t drink the red Koolaid.
Many Hawk fans over on the husker board most recently some trash called @Pete Malloy , the mods on the husker board are waaayyyy too tolerant of you a$$hats on the husker board. I could list at least 6-12 more.
WTF are you talking about...on-line Nebraska posters are widely known as the most delusional/wacky fans.
Wrong. Nebraska in the 80s and 90s is equivalent to Georgia or Alabama these past 15 years and we act accordingly, mostly because we know it drives you nuts that Nebraska football has been places Iowa football never has been and likely never will be. I already cited an article detailing Iowa fans terrible behavior at Kinnick in 2022. Yes, Iowa fans are universally derided as the most sensitive and delusional fan base.

Reactions: IowaPillowBiter
Nice, reasoned response, moreso than some of your posts, particularly on the Nebraska board. I was banned there long ago for simply saying that I think the Huskers all-time football winning percentage is somewhat inflated by playing in the old Big 8 with generally the only really tough annual game against Oklahoma. However, I still lurk there occasionally. My brother lives in Lincoln and is a big husker fan, so I try to keep a pulse on what’s going on. Like you, I moved around a bit during my work career, including several other Big 10 cities. So, I can relate to snide remarks made by other fanbases. I agree the old/tired “N” for knowledge on Nebraska’s helmets joke is lame, but when you reside in enemy territory, just gotta “roll with the punches”. With my recent retirement I’ve moved back to the Des Moines area, closer to family, Hawkeye fans, a decent cost of living, and it’s more in-line with my conservative political viewpoints. 😉
Lol…..you thought talking down Nebraska’s accomplishments was going to be well received on the husker board, damn you are not too bright. I will defer the rest to @9and4 in the event he wants to destroy your big8 argument, he’s got all the statistics that show that tired argument you goof balls trot out is a biased opinion not supported by facts. The big8 was Nebraska and Oklahoma most seasons just like the big10 was and is still tOSU and Michigan most seasons.

I just wanr Nebraska fans to go away. I can understand how much it sucks to be so terrible and be without a bowl appearance for so long. I just get sick of nebby fans trying to be annoying for fun on the iowa board.
Go check the Iowa fans on the Nebraska board doing the exact same thing. Some of these post are so common and written the same way I think we may be both being trolled. Maybe On3 is pushing the envelope, maybe not, but there is something going on.

Lol…..you thought talking down Nebraska’s accomplishments was going to be well received on the husker board, damn you are not too bright. I will defer the rest to @9and4 in the event he wants to destroy your big8 argument, he’s got all the statistics that show that tired argument you goof balls trot out is a biased opinion not supported by facts. The big8 was Nebraska and Oklahoma most seasons just like the big10 was and is still tOSU and Michigan most seasons.
I've never been on the Nebraska board and haven't mistreated any Nebraska fans but can't stant idiot trolls. I love being a hawkeye fan and getting all the great feedback I've heard over the years about Iowa fans. So your entire repeated rants about us "turds" is ridiculous and reeks of jealousy. So why don't you go away. Nobody wants you here and you really are ridiculous. You are giving Nebraska fans a bad look much like you are trying to make Iowa fans out to be. Ironic how you are talking trash to Iowa fans on our board while acting like a juvenile, rude, idiot that seems obsessed with Iowa. Honestly Nebraska means absolutely nothing to me. I don't care about their football team or fans. I have always respected hoiberg the basketball coach. But as far as you are concerned you come across as juvenile and boring. I get having a football team that is more famous now for not going to a bowl longer than any other power 5 school would bring about feelings of insecurity and jealousy. Welcome to my ignore list.

Many Hawk fans over on the husker board most recently some trash called @Pete Malloy , the mods on the husker board are waaayyyy too tolerant of you a$$hats on the husker board. I could list at least 6-12 more.

Wrong. Nebraska in the 80s and 90s is equivalent to Georgia or Alabama these past 15 years and we act accordingly, mostly because we know it drives you nuts that Nebraska football has been places Iowa football never has been and likely never will be. I already cited an article detailing Iowa fans terrible behavior at Kinnick in 2022. Yes, Iowa fans are universally derided as the most sensitive and delusional fan base.
Nebraska fans generally live in the past as their current sports programs (except women’s volleyball) are all sub-par. What’s your guesstimate for # of Nebraska football wins next season.

I never said, or thought, it would be “well received” on the Nebraska board, but certainly didn’t think it was “ban worthy” as I didn’t use profanity, or individually attack a poster(s). I thought these boards were for civil discussion, even disagreements? Isn’t it kind of boring to just discuss items with fellow fans that all have same opinion?

Last edited:
Your last sentence is correct & supports my opinion, i.e., that many years the old Big 8 was Oklahoma & Nebraska, so after that one tough game, there were lots of cream puffs. That’s certainly not the only reason that helped inflate Nebraska’s record, which also included Nebraska being one of the first programs to use steroids along with not having the strictest academic requirements.

I never said, or thought, it would be “well received” on the Nebraska board, but certainly didn’t think it was “ban worthy” as I didn’t use profanity, or individually attack a poster(s). I thought these boards were for civil discussion, even disagreements. Isn’t it kind of boring to just discuss items with fellow fans that all have same opinion?
You’re right, it is better to have a discussion, the problem with most Iowa fans I’ve encountered is that they will continue with their biased, unsubstantiated opinions even when faced with overwhelming evidence to the contrary, for example, the tired big8 or even Big12 argument about being a weaker conference as you mentioned above. The evidence and facts do not support your opinion.

Your fan base was just as bad pre 2015 while losing to Nebraska as you were while winning post 2015. I posted an article by an unbiased writer that supports my opinion that Iowa fans are “sore losers”. Being poor losers and poor winners is a bad look. You reap what you sow. You Iowa fans are not nearly as great and humble as you seem to think.

Your last sentence is correct & supports my opinion, i.e., that many years the old Big 8 was Oklahoma & Nebraska, so after that one tough game, there were lots of cream puffs. That’s certainly not the only reason that helped inflate Nebraska’s record, which also included Nebraska being one of the first programs to use steroids along with not having the strictest academic requirements.
No , my last sentence shows that all conferences had/have 2 dominant teams and then lesser teams. Occasionally you’d get 3 dominant teams, but over many years it’s generally 2. Nebraska was dominate for the same reason any other team in the top 10 in wins is/was dominant. It makes you feel better about Iowa’s relative lack of success to denigrate Nebraska’s past history of dominance, it’s sad and pathetic.

No , my last sentence shows that all conferences had/have 2 dominant teams and then lesser teams. Occasionally you’d get 3 dominant teams, but over many years it’s generally 2. Nebraska was dominate for the same reason any other team in the top 10 in wins is/was dominant. It makes you feel better about Iowa’s relative lack of success to denigrate Nebraska’s past history of dominance, it’s sad and pathetic.

Yawn.....it's @Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus once known as @H8FULLGR8 here years ago.

He trots out this crap continuously and is the emoji and handle spamming b1tchboy we've seen for some time.

No....there's not all kinds of opposing fans doing what he does. In his mind, Iowa is universally hated. He's pure loser.

We say we’d rather play the big 2 or 3 every year, but if we did there’d be many more 7-8 win seasons and less 9-10 win seasons. We need to be more realistic about our team and not worry so much about what’s going on in Lincoln. It really stems from the fact that many in our fan base are envious of the big red glory years because we’ve never witnessed anything close to that level of success. Sure we’ve got every excuse in the book for our lack of success and their elite history, but it really comes down to jealousy.
Just stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.

The more your argue against it the less truthful it sounds. When you get defensive it shows how you truly feel. Glad Coop is coming back just the same.
Just keep making stupid comments, as you said" the more you argue the less truthful it sounds", So just WHERE would "Coop" being going? A transfer to Big red land? You realize that he's only been out of high school for two years, so he's not NFL eligible right?

I’m not a big “history fan” for sports. In the here and now Nebraska has bragging rights on the most recent head-to-head match up with Iowa. However, in recent 10 year history Iowa has had the overall stronger program than Nebraska. It will be interesting to see how the future goes between these two programs. It’s too bad Scotty Frost didn’t stick around a little longer. 😉

• Haha
I’m not a big “history fan” for sports. In the here and now Nebraska has bragging rights on the most recent head-to-head match up with Iowa. However, in recent 10 year history Iowa has had the overall stronger program than Nebraska. It will be interesting to see how the future goes between these two programs. It’s too bad Scotty Frost didn’t stick around a little longer. 😉
Good one. I’ve never met an Iowa fan who is a sports history guy, that would take some real honesty and we all know Iowa fans would rather just blast out unsubstantiated opinions lacking any type of factual support.

Good one. I’ve never met an Iowa fan who is a sports history guy, that would take some real honesty and we all know Iowa fans would rather just blast out unsubstantiated opinions lacking any type of factual support.
I’d rather live in the here and now. I went to the Iowa vs Nebraska women’s hoops game yesterday, which Iowa won, so in the “here and now” Iowa women’s hoops team is better than Nebraska…see how that works?

• Haha

I would love to sit down and have a drink with you and talk in a civilized manner. I'm curious what your story is...what makes you tick with your multiple posts on here. You lose all credibility with your user names though. I'm not quite sure why you choose your weird and mental names. If you were civil and mature on message boards, you will get in return civil and some good hearted rival/banter smack talk.

I’d rather live in the here and now. I went to the Iowa vs Nebraska women’s hoops game yesterday, which Iowa won, so in the “here and now” Iowa women’s hoops team is better than Nebraska…see how that works?
They also destroyed their hapless wrestling program.

It's because our program is dead and not coming back so we tend to be jealous of Iowa and even Wisconsin.

It's really hard to watch your program turn into a pile of shit and get ass blasted on the reg.

Basically we are living vicariously through Iowa. .
Hope that helps.
That’s a little harsh, Iowa has never been consistently great, but I’d never say they’ve been a “pile of shit”, come on superhusker be better.
Iowa fans would be as bad or worse than what you accuse Nebraska fans of being if Iowa even had a fraction of the historical success as Nebraska. You had anything historical because your team has no great history to speak of, just admit that’s why you’re so jealous and move on.
I would love to sit down and have a drink with you and talk in a civilized manner. I'm curious what your story is...what makes you tick with your multiple posts on here. You lose all credibility with your user names though. I'm not quite sure why you choose your weird and mental names. If you were civil and mature on message boards, you will get in return civil and some good hearted rival/banter smack talk.
Yeah well most of these Iowa fans aren’t interested in a civil football discussion. They have a playbook full of unsubstantiated opinions that make them feel better about Iowa football. The problem with good hearted smack talk is that Nebraska fans have nearly every trump card to hold over Iowa similar to how Iowa has most of the trump cards to hold over ISU fans and therefore any discussion inevitably ends with Iowa fans attempting to discredit Nebraska’s prolific, legitimate accomplishments of the past.

That’s a little harsh, Iowa has never been consistently great, but I’d never say they’ve been a “pile of shit”, come on superhusker be better.

Iowa fans would be as bad or worse than what you accuse Nebraska fans of being if Iowa even had a fraction of the historical success as Nebraska. You had anything historical because your team has no great history to speak of, just admit that’s why you’re so jealous and move on.

Yeah well most of these Iowa fans aren’t interested in a civil football discussion. They have a playbook full of unsubstantiated opinions that make them feel better about Iowa football. The problem with good hearted smack talk is that Nebraska fans have nearly every trump card to hold over Iowa similar to how Iowa has most of the trump cards to hold over ISU fans and therefore any discussion inevitably ends with Iowa fans attempting to discredit Nebraska’s prolific, legitimate accomplishments of the past.
Cool. That being said, there's no reason for you to be here anymore right?

No need to continuously build new usernames or handle/emoji spam.....

....unless, of course, Iowa OWNS so much real estate in your head and/or you're a complete dbag and/or your wife got consensually gang plowed by Iowa fans at a tailgate (I suspect all 3 btw), you should be able to walk away at this point....

....a real man would right?

Let's see what u choose....be a man and walk, or be a little b1tchboy here to troll and then bitch about the reaction YOU caused.

Any guy who brags about being an "elite military operator" who has "broken guys arms wrestling for beer" and "pays 11k in property" taxes SOUNDS pretty bad-ass.

Let's see the REAL @Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT