ADVERTISEMENT

Why are we not playing Padilla this whole 4th quarter?

Yeah, I don't understand the reasoning.

They brought in a backup tightend, that Spencer missed on a throw. Why not let backup Padilla get some time?

And last week they took the #1 D out and Northwestern got a TD on the last second, messing with the D's stats.

But this week they left the #1 D in the entire game.

Almost all marvelous today, with a tiny bit of maddening. Especially, when you think about how we lost against Illinois and the cyclones.

I would always play my back up atleast the last series or two when the game is out of reach. However I remember the late Ryan Driscoll telling Hayden he didn’t come to Iowa to be a mop up QB. So maybe Petra’s is good with the situation.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Padilla is terrible. He literally brings nothing to the field.

KF uses the NFL model, the starter plays all the downs, regardless of score. That is never going to change.
Lmfao. Did you really just post this??

Think back just a few weeks & then correct your post. Hell, I have the correct answer for you in my opening post.

Lmfao. Did you really just post this??

Think back just a few weeks & then correct your post. Hell, I have the correct answer for you in my opening post.
Don't be rude. How often has a starter been pulled in 23 years? This virtually never happens, and it is so shocking when it does happen that those few occasions. Citing the exception does not disprove the overwhelming rule. Even that happened only because Petras was unplayable against tOSU and the score left nothing to lose.

Padilla entered the game, promptly turned it over twice on his first two possessions then went 5-10 for a paltry 32 yards and, of course, no TDs the rest of the way.

While you're laughing your ****ing ass off, why don't you go back and see the number of attempts by Iowa's second team QBs through the years. Then deduct the games where the starter was injured and could not play. I think you will find my assessment quite accurate.​

Or do you think a guy playing in his 4th season at Iowa would gain valuable experience handing off as Iowa tried to milk the clock?

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Petras has probably had his best game of the season & he was still mediocre at best.

I guess Padilla only gets a run when we’re down by 25 points against the no.2 team on the road. SMH 🤦🏽‍♂️
So he can come in and hand the ball off? A lead on a windy day against a team that has had Iowa's number for the better part of a decade isn't going to show anything.

You're so happy that you felt motivated to attack the coaches after a dominating win, and a pretty good game by the starting QB. Don't lie to yourself, you're a bitter ender who sees everything through the hatred of Ferentz lens. Why do you even watch?

I'm guessing you won't be the life of the party you are claiming to attend. You'll spend the entire night finding ever more childish and emotional attacks on Iowa's coaches. Your football insight will grow with each Natty Light you slobber down. Since you are looking for a clown, I suggest the mirror.

A lot of us are just fed up with the constant bitching by the bitter enders.

Sometimes I forget how stupid Hawkeye fans are in general.

Then I come here & get reminded. A vast majority of Hawkeye fans are dumb.
Yes. Many teams trot out the 2nd team QB for the 4th with a 3td lead, you see it all the time. 🙄

Petras has probably had his best game of the season & he was still mediocre at best.

I guess Padilla only gets a run when we’re down by 25 points against the no.2 team on the road. SMH 🤦🏽‍♂️
We get it, you want your son to play. But he's probably not going to get serious minutes until next year. We'll be pulling for him.

Miserable people look for reasons to be miserable even in a dominant win against an opponent we’ve struggled to beat recently.
Well he's got a point. A lot of the snaps DO look pretty strange. That first snap to Padilla in the OSU game was either late or short, I really couldn't tell which, but Padilla was expecting a snap and it wasn't there.

Petras knows to wait for the snap which may be why he's often in trouble as soon as he takes it.

Oh, for the record, I'm quite happy right now and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Hardly anything more fun than stomping our Most Hated Rival.

Sometimes I forget how stupid Hawkeye fans are in general.

Then I come here & get reminded. A vast majority of Hawkeye fans are dumb.
troll-gobblegobble.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT