ADVERTISEMENT

Why do Republicans deny climate change?

Bro, I don't think those were the complements.
It can be a compliment. There's nothing inherently "wrong" with showing your conservative side(s). Everyone has conservative and liberal opinions, attitudes, and feelings. Some people believe they only have one or the other, all the time. I think that is being intellectually dishonest with yourself, and others.

Natural's conservative (simple) side shows quite often. That binary "win or lose/all or nothing" kind of perspective.

I see the two polarities in different ways, I guess. Conservative tends to fear, or resist, change. Conservative clings to antiquated ideals and antiquated behaviors. Conservative views are on a smaller, more confined scale. Liberal thinking tends to be more evolved and broader in scope. Conservative= simple, Liberal = complex.

I still like my "car" metaphor the best. Cars have brake pedals and gas pedals. The brakes stop/slow down, the gas pedal accelerates/goes forward. Each of us is a car, and some of us use the accelerator more than the brake, and some the brake more than the accelerator. Without the accelerator, we'd never move forward. Without the brake, we'd never be able to stop. No car is missing one or the other pedal... they all have both. I like that metaphor because there's no "left" or "right" being used! The steering wheel allows that function! :)

Reactions: unIowa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT