ADVERTISEMENT

Why don't they display beer like they display wine at stores?

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
So, I've been on a bit of a pilsner kick since I had a bunch of fantastic local brewery pilsners when we were in Oregon a few weeks ago, and it's weird that beers are displayed by manufacturer. Wine, at least here in IC, is displayed by style. Chardonnay, merlot... Why is this? If I feel like a pilsner I should be able to go to the pilsner section. If I want IPA, they should be in the IPA section. The same for stouts.
CSB

Primarily because the big beer companies are given a certain amount of space for displays and typically use it how they see fit . And the big companies have brands and types to fit all prices and variety

Reactions: lucas80
Primarily because the big beer companies are given a certain amount of space for displays and typically use it how they see fit . And the big companies have brands and types to fit all prices and variety
Okay, but why is wine different? That aren't that many distributors for wine, are there?

Okay, but why is wine different? That aren't that many distributors for wine, are there?
I think some of it might have to do with different product categories and their buying trends. Maybe the wine industry have done studies that determine the wine section shows better sales and shopability when they are broken down by varietal type

Reactions: torbee and lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT