ADVERTISEMENT

Why hasn't Pelosi sent the Senate the articles of impeachment?

Well, you actually have to have a case, and this one takes more time to create than the last one they made up

They had a strong case last time, the GOP just refused to listen and do their Constitutional duty. They have a stronger case this time, let's see if the GOP still is being willfully obstinate and un-American.

The fallacy of this argument is easily realized if you imagine the GOP reaction if Obama or Clinton did what Trump did in the Ukraine phone call. It would have been the same play, with the players cast in different roles.

What I wonder is if posts like this are an ignorance to the bias of tribalism or if they are a willful part of political theatre, where the absurdity is known, but ignored in favor of promoting a partisan agenda? I suppose it doesn't matter, as the result is the same.

I have no doubt that people like Titan understand, somewhere in their brain, that Trump should have been removed. They just refuse to acknowledge it because doing so forces them to admit that their guy is the bad guy, and they can't let that happen.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Well, you actually have to have a case, and this one takes more time to create than the last one they made up
giphy.gif

Reactions: lucas80
I have no doubt that people like Titan understand, somewhere in their brain, that Trump should have been removed. They just refuse to acknowledge it because doing so forces them to admit that their guy is the bad guy, and they can't let that happen.

I am honestly not sure, especially when it comes to the first impeachment, as it was an entirely partisan outcome. The nature of bias is to be blind to it. We all live in a unique reality that is shaped by how we self-identify. How we self identify determines the viewpoints we choose to expose ourselves to that determine that reality.

I think we are seeing this play out in real life in an obvious way. People rigidly defend their "truth". The truth is whatever the individuals focus is. If your focus is Dem's suck, that is what you will find. That is what you will talk about, and eventually, most of the people you engage with will agree with you. On the flip side, if your focus is the GOP sucks, that is what you will find. Whatever you believe will be what keeps you engaged and it will fill up your news feed. If you believe in Q, your news feed will be full of things to support it. Whatever keeps you most engaged, will dominate your news feed. Big tech and partisan news has essentially made us all sheep to our current belief systems, as it constantly reinforces our current viewpoints, flawed or not.

Reactions: Finance85
I'm sort of having the view of what's the point if the senate said they arn't going to vote until after Biden is president.

I mean if McConnell called the senate back into session or was at least willing to upon receiving the articles I would expect her to get them over there right away and that no delay is acceptable. Because I would prefer Mike Pence handled the transition.

But if they arn't going to even take a look until after Biden is president than there is no rush. I mean at this point the whole thing is just about stopping Trump from running in 2024. Might as well wait as long as you feel like at that point. There is nothing to be gained for the country by rushing it over now. It's not going to shave even a minute off of Trump's presidency.

Thank you.

I didn't read the entire thread, but I HOPE she holds them long enough for more info about 1/6 to be exposed.

I hope she holds them at least long enough to see exactly who djt pardons on his way out.

That doesn't prevent Pelosi from sending the Articles to the Senate, does it?
As mentioned, they are walked from the House to the Senate. At that time the Senate must immediately take them up. Since the Senate is not in session Nancy will wait.
Let me be a little Machiavellian, but I think Mitch may have signaled to Pelosi and Schumer to let the investigations run for a bit. Mitch wants to kill the MAGATs off. Mitch got what he wanted, and now he realizes that s*** is out of control. Mitch wants the investigation to move on to see who in the Trump campaign, or which people in the inner circle, may have impacted 1/6. And, as Trump fades away, and is weakened by legal issues getting 2/3 becomes easier.

Reactions: mstp1992
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi must walk the Impeachment
articles to the Senate. She is currently getting a Botox
injection to look her best when she greets new Senate
Majority Leader Chuck Schummer.

As mentioned, they are walked from the House to the Senate. At that time the Senate must immediately take them up. Since the Senate is not in session Nancy will wait.
Let me be a little Machiavellian, but I think Mitch may have signaled to Pelosi and Schumer to let the investigations run for a bit. Mitch wants to kill the MAGATs off. Mitch got what he wanted, and now he realizes that s*** is out of control. Mitch wants the investigation to move on to see who in the Trump campaign, or which people in the inner circle, may have impacted 1/6. And, as Trump fades away, and is weakened by legal issues getting 2/3 becomes easier.

At this point part of me doesn't wonder if we wouldn't be better served by hanging on to them until sometime just before the midterms. Then the country can listen to all of the testimony about all of it and be reminded about what the MAGA's did. . . and who it was that supported those MAGA's.

I didn't think there was much of a case in round 1.

That's because Mitch wouldn't allow any evidence to be heard.
Remember?

Mebbe Nancy wants to wait until Mitch is no longer Sen Maj Leader and cannot do that again.

ADVERTISEMENT