ADVERTISEMENT

Why I and other Iowa fans don’t like JBo (and Connor)…

Let's not confuse sucker punching someone at a bar while being sh*tfaced, with a funny Tyson quote.
That'll happen when you go run run your mouth to drunk people...

Suing for getting punched is pathetic lol

So is sucker punching, but that was a clone and to be expected.

Let me preface this with I hate social media and think it’s absolutely disgusting what people will tweet at players. No matter what, you don’t do that.

With that said, I am absolutely grateful Jordan Bohannon is finally done at Iowa. That doesn’t mean I think he’s a trash player or anything like that. However, his mouth and sense of entitlement will not be missed, as his mouth has too often written a check we all know his ass will never cash.

Consider the following: Last season before the Gonzaga game, JBo did the whole “we’re going to be #1 after playing Gonzaga” public chest thumping. And what did Mr. Bohannon do in the Zags game? Scored two points.

After the BTT championship game this year, Jordan thought the week of the NCAA tournament was the perfect time to make a spectacle of social media. And, how does he perform in the first game of the tournament? Goes 2-8 for a grand total of 6 points. I don’t need to continue.

Is there a correlation between social media and performance? Probably not. At least not directly. But here’s the concern I have: JBo is not the only senior “leader” on the team who has embarrassed himself and the Iowa basketball team on social media, as Connor McCaffrey certainly has done his part to pitch in. Multiple times, I might add, and he’s the coach’s son!

Which ultimately leads to questions about Fran and discipline. Is he doing a good enough job of keeping his guys focused and hungry? I’m genuinely asking. Because from what I’ve read about the game, it leads me to seriously wonder if many of the Iowa players weren’t resting on their laurels a bit, coming off the BTT championship, and approached this game like they could just show up and beat a puny mid-major like Richmond. Again, I’m asking.

There are many things I like about Fran. His strengths far outweigh his weaknesses. With that said, his teams’ dud performances in the NCAA tournament are becoming habitual. If it happens once, well, you obviously chalk it up to shit happens. Twice, and you say coincidence. But after the third and how many other times, it starts to become a question of a common denominator. 🤔

I’m not sure where Iowa basketball goes from here. I’ve really enjoyed watching Luka and now Keegan play, but it’s gotten to the point I’m back to my earlier state of indifference. I just don’t think I care anymore. It’s old and it’s predictable. And at some point, you have to believe there is a reason why this continues to happen, as the behaviors you see Iowa’s senior “leaders” demonstrate time and time again, especially on social media, make connecting the dots a fairly easy endeavor. And the question still stands: is all of that indicative of a lack of discipline and accountability under Fran? I don’t know. I would like to think not, but at this point, the evidence is what it is.

At any rate, goodbye, JBo! As for me, you will not be missed. And please, take Connor with you. The End.
If you don’t care anymore then quit watching and posting. Find something/someone else to hate.

Oooooh, look at you, Mr. Super Fan. 😆

All of that and you’re apparently illiterate too. LMAO. Learn how to construct a coherent sentence in English, then maybe we’ll talk.

P.S. I, and many others, couldn’t care less what your opinion is, Super Fan. 😆
You always include other Iowa fans as if they tell you that you can speak for them. Please provide a list of all the Hawk fans who agree with you. I don't think that there is that many.

ADVERTISEMENT