ADVERTISEMENT

Why Iowa's offense is so difficult to prepare for...

jonesy5960

HR Legend
Sep 6, 2012
Aside from Keegan who's Mr. Everything and nearly impossible to stop right now, it's someone else every game that comes up big scoring-wise. Today it was Pmac and JBo. Against Rutgers it was Perkins and JBo. Against NW it was 5 guys in double figures. Against Illinois it was Perkins and Kris. What makes Iowa's offense so difficult to prepare for is that it's a lot like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

forrest-gump-thats-all-i-have-to-say.gif

That's the beauty of a motion offense. It allows the players to make their plays and use their creativity. The only things scripted are OOB plays.

The key is teaching players to grasp the concept of that offense. McC and staff have done it well this year, as well as the players have really internalized it. It's a thing of beauty when it works, something I have been saying for years. This team finally really gets it. Oh, and they play pretty good defense, too. ;)

The motion offense is only part of the story. I used to be very jealous of those great Izzo teams because they could get the ball down the court so fast, even after made baskets. Well, Iowa is that team now.

Reactions: cosmo90
ADVERTISEMENT