ADVERTISEMENT

Why is everyone in love with Doyle?

1 million dollars to watch our o line gets dismantled every week and opposing teams kick our ass when it comes to physicality.. This isn't a knee jerk post, has been a terrible year in terms of strength and conditioning

Doyle was certainly an innovator and ahead of his time is. Strength coaches and program simply caught up. We don't have the advantage that we did 15 years ago.

Reactions: ANYCHawk
I was just trying to show why I think it's fair to critize doyle (the nfl point was more to the idea I don't think you can say that these are the guys that turned 2 star into NFL guys, but then also argue the problem this year is a lack of talent)

That's a valid point about talent.

When I think of strength and conditioning as it relates to Doyle, I'm thinking of the guys in the trenches. For all I know, you are right about Doyle. It's just hard to know what the issues are. When I was in high school, for example, we had good football teams because guys were committed to the weight room. Over time, the football program declined, and I was told a lot of it was because the kids coming up were not as committed to weight lifting as we were. So who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT