ADVERTISEMENT

why is Sunday's baseball game not on BTN or BTN plus?

Yeah, once it got moved from BTN TV, you would have thought that BTN plus would have picked the game up. Instead, it appears that it did not get televised at all. That should never happen.

Reactions: Couppee
Yeah, once it got moved from BTN TV, you would have thought that BTN plus would have picked the game up. Instead, it appears that it did not get televised at all. That should never happen.

I wonder if BTN's crew actually did record a broadcast or not? If they canceled at the last minute, that might have explained not having the BTN2GO local crews being ready to step in to air it instead. We should go to BTN.com and let our feelings be known that if there was a recording of the broadcast, they should preempt the REPLAY of the Michigan/Illinois game scheduled for 11 PM CST tonight with this game instead. Michigan and Illinois fans got to watch their game live didn't they? It would seem that Northwestern and Iowa fans should be able to watch at least a replay at this time. They should be told on their web site that they shouldn't send their broadcast team home unless they've given enough time for the BTN2GO team to adequately set themselves up to step in instead and get a separate broadcast done there. If they did at least record the broadcast, they should air it at 11 PM tonight, and let the Michigan and Illinois fans flip if they really want to flip on seeing a repeat of their earlier broadcast.

I wonder if BTN's crew actually did record a broadcast or not? If they canceled at the last minute, that might have explained not having the BTN2GO local crews being ready to step in to air it instead. We should go to BTN.com and let our feelings be known that if there was a recording of the broadcast, they should preempt the REPLAY of the Michigan/Illinois game scheduled for 11 PM CST tonight with this game instead. Michigan and Illinois fans got to watch their game live didn't they? It would seem that Northwestern and Iowa fans should be able to watch at least a replay at this time. They should be told on their web site that they shouldn't send their broadcast team home unless they've given enough time for the BTN2GO team to adequately set themselves up to step in instead and get a separate broadcast done there. If they did at least record the broadcast, they should air it at 11 PM tonight, and let the Michigan and Illinois fans flip if they really want to flip on seeing a repeat of their earlier broadcast.
Once the game got moved from BTN TV, I looked for a BTN plus stream and could not find one. If it did get recorded, let me know and I will be able to find it.

What I don't understand is, there surely was a BTN crew there to broadcast the game. They should have been able to stream it on btn2go or BTN Plus.

Reactions: Couppee
Once the game got moved from BTN TV, I looked for a BTN plus stream and could not find one. If it did get recorded, let me know and I will be able to find it.

What I don't understand is, there surely was a BTN crew there to broadcast the game. They should have been able to stream it on btn2go or BTN Plus.

Those who want to complain to BTN on how they handled this and either didn't stick with keeping the broadcast crew to cover the game which they SHOULD air at 11 PM CST tonight instead of the Michigan/Illinois as a replay then if they did so, or that they didn't adequately in a timely fashion notify the BTN2GO broadcast crews to get there to broadcast instead. If they couldn't do the latter, they should have had the broadcast team stay there to record the game for later replay. Those who want to pound their mailbox should send notes to btn2gosupport@btn.com. I tried chatting with them but got no response and my thread timed out, so they must be getting a few angry fans already now.

Back in the day putting a game on BTN vs putting it on streaming required different equipment. That might still be the case.

For example, you need an HD truck at Carver for basketball tv games but if it was stream-only then the fiber connection was all you needed.

I don't think there is ANY video replay of Sunday's game based on the 2 tweets that follow.

I still can't believe they could not have streamed this game online; they already had the BTN prosecution crew there, right?

And BTN is based in Chicago, right??? And Northwestern is near Chicago, right??? LOL

Unbelievable

Iowa Baseball‏Verified account@UIBaseball

Due to the Big Ten Softball Tournament final being pushed back this morning BTN will not be broadcasting today's game vs. Northwestern.

Iowa Baseball‏Verified account@UIBaseball 11h11 hours ago

Game 3 Lineup...

1f4cd.png
Evanston, Ill. -- Rocky Miller Park

1f570.png
: 2 p.m. (CT)

1f4c8.png
: https://bit.ly/2H7ADLc

1f442.png
: https://bit.ly/2IdHTWq

(@zach_w_mackey)

#Hawkeyes | #Hellerball

Has anyone else gotten a reply from BTN2Go?

This is what I got:

Thank you for the product feedback.

We were aware of the issues and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We have notified the correct department to have this issue resolved.

This is what I got:

We were aware of the issues and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We have notified the correct department to have this issue resolved.
That’s the standard form answer that’s most likely automated.

That’s the standard form answer that’s most likely automated.

Standard form probably, but not automated. i sent my email last night and got that back in reply today. The automated reply I got just after I sent my email was this:

Thank you for your message. Our support team will reply to you very shortly and we'll update you by email.

For your reference, this is your case ID: 120622

BTN2GO Support

I had my "contact" look into this and he said that he did not see a replay link and that he did not believe there was any video stream for this game once BTN changed their plans.

It is crazy how the game went from originally being nationally televised on BTN to where it was not even video streamed at all; I believe the Iowa/Northwestern game got bumped by the women's softball B1G Championship game (they had a ton of rain delays on Friday and Saturday, forcing the championship game move).

You would have thought they could have at least streamed the Iowa/Northwestern game online via BTN2GO or BTN Plus. Right? So, why didn't they?

Let's face it. Iowa fans got screwed by BTN, once again.

This is what I got:

This is exactly the same reply I got, word for word today too.

cannot find the game anywhere

If we can't get a video stream at all for this game on BTN2GO or other locations, there at least is an audio stream you can get if you are an All Access Subscriber on Hawkeyesports.com here...

https://hawkeyesports.com/watch/?Archive=15403&type=Archive

Not the same as watching it, but if everything else fails, you can at least listen to the game as your grandpa or grandma might have in their days, even if then they had to listen to it live and not on "replay".

Maybe if enough of us wrote to HawkeyeSports.com we could petition to have free access to this one audio stream, instead of requiring subscription access, and have it function as an advertisement for them to get subscription access for those who might come just to listen to that one game, that they might want to sign up to get other streams too.

Hmm... Anyone here a subscriber to flotv? I just see that if their web page is accurate here, it WAS streamed and presumably available on their archives as a stream... Perhaps if someone can verify if the stream is here in their archives, we can all write BTN2GO folk that they should BUY this stream content from flo whatever price they want to put it on BTN2GO so that they can keep baseball fans from NW and Iowa happy to provide what they should have been contractually obligated to deliver to us! We shouldn't have to pay for a subscription to flo to get this game which BTN2GO should have provided us. If the stream is there, there is NO logic to say that it wasn't recorded then!

https://www.flolive.tv/live/5586-2018-iowa-at-northwestern-big-ten-baseball-game-3/

Was the Women's Softball B1G Championship game originally scheduled for Saturday? The reason I ask is my "source's" guess was that the production truck used for the softball tournament was going to be used for the Iowa/N'western baseball game on Sunday (softball was at Wisconsin, I think)....so with the softball final bumped to Sunday, they had nothing in place to televise Sunday's Iowa/N'western game,

I still can't believe they could have not set up a video stream with N'western's or Iowa's radio play by play; its not like BTN Plus broadcasts are high tech; they normally are just one camera behind home plate

Last edited:
flotv is doing more softball also. Once there is more feedback out there on how well it works I'll probably give it a try.

ADVERTISEMENT