ADVERTISEMENT

Why is the GQP so triggered/threatened by electric vehicles? Wyoming this time...

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Owning the libs lol... I recently read some history on the origins of combustion engine vehicles and how people with horses and buggies thought those who owned cars were loony.

The Hill reports:

A group of GOP Wyoming state lawmakers want to end electric vehicle sales there by 2035, saying the move will help safeguard oil and gas industries.
The measure, introduced to the state legislature on Friday, was sponsored by six state legislators, who said in it that electric vehicles will hinder Wyoming’s ability to trade with other states.
The bill states that citizens and industries would be encouraged not to purchase electric vehicles before the ban goes into effect. The last clause of the bill instructs Wyoming’s secretary of state to send a copy of the bill to the California governor.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
They want to be the opposite of Cali. So this seemed like the thing to do
They already are.
1920px-GDP_by_U.S._state.svg.png

I'm not opposed to electric vehicles.

I am opposed to mandates though.

Let things happen organically.

The quickest way to create opposition to many things in life is to force people to do things.

I'm not aware of the "buy an electric car" mandate. Is it only applicable to Wyoming, or is it nationwide? Can you post a link so I can figure out by when I havr to get one?

The quickest way to create opposition to many things in life is to force people to do things.
Do you have a link to this mandate?

Owning the libs lol... I recently read some history on the origins of combustion engine vehicles and how people with horses and buggies thought those who owned cars were loony.

The Hill reports:

Blood Minerals and sulfuric acid by the Full tank load is “green” and “so great for environment”

Hope you feel good on that phone and I’m that electric car. Keep riding that fairytale and lie to feel like you doing something great/better for “everyone”

Equipment used to “mine” lithium for Al that green safety:

This machine is required to move 500 tons of earth/ ore which will be refined into one lithium car battery. It burns 900-1000 gallons of fuel in a 12 hour shift.

Lithium is refined from ore using sulfuric acid. The proposed lithium mine at Thacker Pass is estimated to require up to 75 semi loads of sulfuric acid a day! The acid does not turn into unicorn food.

A battery in an electric car, lets say an average Tesla, is made of 25 pounds of lithium, 60 pounds of nickel, 44 pounds of manganese, 30 pounds of cobalt, 200 pounds of copper, and 400 pounds of aluminum, steel, and plastic, etc..... averaging 750-1,000 pounds of minerals, that had to be mined and processed into a battery that merely stores electricity....

Electricity which is generated by oil, gas, coal, or water (and a tiny fraction of wind and solar)...

That is the truth, about the lie, of "green" energy.

There's nothing green about the green new deal. You people better learn how to vote or this nonsense will continue to flow down on top of you from the throne of government you put these people on."

Just some facts. I prefer gas/oil above all that^^

To each they own

That is 90% of the trash your MAGA cult is now involved in. Mainstream chaos

In Wyoming:

57 Republicans in the House
28 Republicans in the Senate

6 Republicans have sponsored the bill.

That comes out to 7 percent.

The Hill reports:

I don’t get it. So stupid. But so is not liking Tesla anymore because, uh, Elon.

Reactions: ClarindaA's

Blood Minerals and sulfuric acid by the Full tank load is “green” and “so great for environment”

Hope you feel good on that phone and I’m that electric car. Keep riding that fairytale and lie to feel like you doing something great/better for “everyone”

Equipment used to “mine” lithium for Al that green safety:

This machine is required to move 500 tons of earth/ ore which will be refined into one lithium car battery. It burns 900-1000 gallons of fuel in a 12 hour shift.

Lithium is refined from ore using sulfuric acid. The proposed lithium mine at Thacker Pass is estimated to require up to 75 semi loads of sulfuric acid a day! The acid does not turn into unicorn food.

A battery in an electric car, lets say an average Tesla, is made of 25 pounds of lithium, 60 pounds of nickel, 44 pounds of manganese, 30 pounds of cobalt, 200 pounds of copper, and 400 pounds of aluminum, steel, and plastic, etc..... averaging 750-1,000 pounds of minerals, that had to be mined and processed into a battery that merely stores electricity....

Electricity which is generated by oil, gas, coal, or water (and a tiny fraction of wind and solar)...

That is the truth, about the lie, of "green" energy.

There's nothing green about the green new deal. You people better learn how to vote or this nonsense will continue to flow down on top of you from the throne of government you put these people on."

Just some facts. I prefer gas/oil above all that^^

To each they own
Now do fossil fuels please.

Force people to pay for the externalized costs of burning fossil fuels, and they would be phased out pretty quickly. It's difficult to argue that it's unreasonable or anti-capitalistic to do so.

Find that per 100k population.
That graph is just like the "highest murder" numbers people throw around - a summation is useless w/o context.
I think just the total makes sense in this case. I believe the poster was trying to point out that even if Wyoming stopped electric sales it would not be much of an impact.

Republican and Conservative are two very different things. Damn near polar opposites nowadays.
Agree 100% I'd prefer to vote for a Republican who is fiscally conservative yet socially conscious without straying into the looney category.

Unfortunately, most Republicans I'm to choose are just terrible.

Leftist always trying to force things upon people instead of letting it happen naturally. Then are shocked when people resist and push back.
There is nothing leftist about thinking that the price of a product should reflect it's actual costs. It's a very capitalistic thought, that Adam Smith himself recognized. Currently, allowing the fossil fuel industry to externalize their costs perverts the energy market.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT