ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Trump so desperate to ram in his pick before the election?

Seems to me that a man confident in his reelection chances wouldn't need to do such a thing.

The people around him have to be telling him it is important to get it done as they know he is at great risk to not be re-elected. And he sees an appointed judge as part of his legacy and will add to doing more for the USA than any other president in history.

I agree that Trump knows he's going to lose in November. Getting another SCOTUS pick is his last FU to Dems.

Why is Huey so desperate to ram in his dick before the erection?

Seems to me that a man confident in his re-erection chances wouldn't need to do such a thing.

Why is Huey so desperate to ram in his dick before the erection?

Seems to me that a man confident in his re-erection chances wouldn't need to do such a thing.

Sometimes going in soft, and growing like one of those toys when you add water, pleases the partner.

I believe 45* knows he is going to lose but wants to be responsible for nominating a justice that will deem Obamacare unconstitutional. 45* has an irrational disdain for Obama and wants to dismantle his legacy. 45* doesn’t care about abortion or conservative values but he does care about revenge even if it comes after he has left office.

I believe 45* knows he is going to lose but wants to be responsible for nominating a justice that will deem Obamacare unconstitutional. 45* has an irrational disdain for Obama and wants to dismantle his legacy. 45* doesn’t care about abortion or conservative values but he does care about revenge even if it comes after he has left office.
Hopefully from Rikers Island.

Reactions: Fluffles
Here is my favorite thing... I have heard 3 reasons why hard right wingers have had a change of heart on filling the SCOTUS seat. Original statement was to just wait until after the election.

1- RBG was intentionally holding out so Trump couldn't put someone in. When I responded "held out, you mean live?" there wasn't a response.

2- Obama tried to put a justice in before he decided not to try. They just didn't pass.

3- They will stop the extreme Liberal policies with a Biden presidency.

I think I actually had 2 more but I am so tired I can't remember.

I hate that justices can lean directions. They should have zero political affiliations.

Here is my favorite thing... I have heard 3 reasons why hard right wingers have had a change of heart on filling the SCOTUS seat. Original statement was to just wait until after the election.

1- RBG was intentionally holding out so Trump couldn't put someone in. When I responded "held out, you mean live?" there wasn't a response.

2- Obama tried to put a justice in before he decided not to try. They just didn't pass.

3- They will stop the extreme Liberal policies with a Biden presidency.

I think I actually had 2 more but I am so tired I can't remember.

I hate that justices can lean directions. They should have zero political affiliations.
If there is one thing you can take from the Trump Presidency, it should be the founding fathers didn’t really know what the hell they were doing and things are fine with gentlemen’s agreements until one asshole comes along and ruins it for everyone.

It’s a win-win for Republicans. They ram it through, Supreme Court is likely right leaning for 30 years. They just have to count on Dems not stacking the courts or fighting back, which they have shown no real signs of fighting back lately.
If McConnell & Co. pull the shenanigans of pushing through a SCOTUS justice a matter of weeks before an election that Trump is bound to lose, you can rest assured that there will be fighting back starting in January. P*ssing off a party that is a matter of months away from having full control would be about as stupid of a move as there is.

Make your move, Mitchy Turtle Face. I dare you.

A lot of good it’s done them. Legitimized same sex marriages, no material change in Roe v. Wade, etc.

Just wait another 50 years evangelicals, patience is a virtue.
This is getting closer to the heart. Republican leadership isn't really that interested in the abortion issue. That is how they get the pro-life voters wound up so that the GOP has the power to nominate and confirm corporate-friendly judges/justices.

Reactions: Torg
She could of blew out 80 candles and walked away with Obama able to select who ever he wanted. But here we are. September Surprise!!
One would think that with your mom’s expertise you would have a greater appreciation for “blow’s” many forms.

Why should we take your logic seriously with this level of basic deficiency?

Any of the following could have been used:

If she blew, Obama could have...
She could have blown...
The candles could have been blown...
Had she blown...

I don’t understand the politics of voting before the election. If you wait, you get to make the election about abortion, not COVID. It seems like malpractice to vote early.

Furthermore this vote threatens to destabilize the GOP coalition Evangelicals won’t need the GOP anymore. If I was a Republican politician I would pretend to have principles and come out against the vote in hopes that Biden saves them. Because if they seat a justice they loose the abortion issue.

Either the court strikes It down and the pro life coalition breaks up. Or the court doesn’t strike it down and the GOP is dejected

For those reasons I expect they are only pretending to push this vote through before the election. I feel like it’s a safe bet to assume this is another lie. They know their voters won’t mind.

The politics can still be the same. Trump can now campaign on Dems planning to add to the court and add new states which would provide a historic shift in power. He gets to talk about how “they’re going to take your beautiful 2nd amendment”

I think it is a bad strategic move from Trump.

Better for him to wait and put the pressure on voters to re-elect him or have Biden fill the slot.

As it was Obama's. Why does Mitch McConnell and the GOP hate the Constitution and America?
Obama screwed up. He and the Democrats should have fought harder for Garland. They should have made McConnell pay a political price for obstructing the pick, but they caved. In their defense, they assumed Hillary would be Obama's 3rd term and they would get the pick they wanted anyway. We all did.
As President Obama said, "elections have consequences."

Obama screwed up. He and the Democrats should have fought harder for Garland. They should have made McConnell pay a political price for obstructing the pick, but they caved. In their defense, they assumed Hillary would be Obama's 3rd term and they would get the pick they wanted anyway. We all did.
As President Obama said, "elections have consequences."
This bullshit again?

the infamous RGB RIP
giphy.gif

dems should be thrilled the attention is being taken away from biden in the basement and deflected on over to this.

The politics can still be the same. Trump can now campaign on Dems planning to add to the court and add new states which would provide a historic shift in power. He gets to talk about how “they’re going to take your beautiful 2nd amendment”
Of course the GOP can run on lies, they always do. But for the moment they have something true they can sell. Perhaps they don’t know what to do with reality.

ADVERTISEMENT