ADVERTISEMENT

Why isn’t anyone bragging about this morning’s jobs report

HawkeyeHitman

HB All-American
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2002
Because they’re nothing to brag about. Unemployment is up and new job growth was underwhelming. Prior months are being revised down. Adding and trillion dollars in debt every 90 days. But everything is humming along in the Biden and Harris economy as long as we keep talking about the bad orange man.

Comedy Central Mm GIF by Workaholics

Reactions: Hawkman34
The job I'm leaving will replaced by a remote worker in Bangalore, or a US worker making around half the salary I had based on what I'm seeing on Glassdoor.

• Wow
Reactions: seminoleed
Because they’re nothing to brag about. Unemployment is up and new job growth was underwhelming. Prior months are being revised down. Adding and trillion dollars in debt every 90 days. But everything is humming along in the Biden and Harris economy as long as we keep talking about the bad orange man.
2.7 million jobs lost, trade deficit up over >36% 3 million more uninsured, there's nothing to brag about. It sucks!

Edit: ooops my bad, that was under Trump.

Well the market is reflecting the news. Try again.
We haven't had that typical 10% correction on the big run up.

If you know anything about markets, this isn't unusual.
And I think the Fed is so afraid of cutting rates and being accused of a political move.
SEE POST # 14!
It's pretty easy to argue they should have cut in July.

Reactions: jasonrann
The job I'm leaving will replaced by a remote worker in Bangalore, or a US worker making around half the salary I had based on what I'm seeing on Glassdoor.
That’s basically how it went in my profession as the boomers reti… err, waited until they were mostly forced out and took huge severance packages with them. All the VP, Director, and Manager roles were replaced by a “supervisor” role and the high paying individual contributor roles (technical expert, advisor, etc.) are now pretty much unicorns.

Fed will throw Democrats a lifeline in September book it.

On top of that the U.S. just paid Russia and Vladimir Putin 5000 Bitcoin for the hostage release.
Throw the US economy a lifeline? If you paid any attention to Powell this week, they were already signaling a rate cut in September before the jobs report, a non political issue in which republicans will claim poiltical victim. Book it.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkman34
LOL... Fox Opinion Network!

So, did they get their orders from Trump or will Trump run with this?
You’re going to see consequences to draining the monetary pool show up more and more:

After this week's 'soft' survey data signaled serious ugliness in the US manufacturing economy...

Source: Bloomberg

...this morning we get 'hard' data confirmation as US Factory Orders plunged 3.3% MoM in June (the biggest MoM drop since COVID lockdowns), dragging orders down 3.6% YoY (also the worst since COVID lockdowns)...

The final durable goods orders print was worse than the initial - down a shocking 6.7% MoM...

All of which is adding to the 'growth scare' narrative that has been quietly accelerating...

How long before The Fed is forced into dovish retreat (adjusting its two-cuts-by-year-end forecast to the market's four cuts!).

2.7 million jobs lost, trade deficit up over >36% 3 million more uninsured, there's nothing to brag about. It sucks!

Edit: ooops my bad, that was under Trump.
Don’t twist it. He won 3 super bowls before covid affected the entire world. Every country was destroyed in 2020. So what does America do- we replace him with a coach that’s been in the league for 46 years and never won the big game. Trump was setting records and Biden continued that momentum until he couldn’t anymore. Tell the whole story, not just CNN talking points.

Yeah, the slow down is almost certainly in large part due to the efforts to reduce inflation. It's part of the process.
Yep. Hopefully we have a “soft landing” type recession. All things considered, if that’s the result we navigated the post Covid era pretty well. At least economically. Blew out the budget, did pretty good overall.

Reactions: jasonrann
Wow…I didn’t realize a remote worker could make a McDonald’s hamburger! I kid, I kid. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT