ADVERTISEMENT

Why Kamala Harris?

Check all options you think factor strongly into the quick corronation of Kamala.

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
It only took a few days after Biden's withdrawal for Kamala to lock it up - barring some unforeseen shock. But why?

Was she overwhelmingly the best choice?
Was it her turn?
Was she demanded by the big-money donors?
Were people afraid to challenge her because she is a woman or non-white?
Does she stand for the best policies?
Is she the most experienced?
Does she appeal to the base more than other contenders?
Does she appeal to independents more?
Is she more likely to beat Trump than other leading alternatives?
Are the best alternatives afraid to face Trump and/or keeping their power dry for 2028?

Momentum, path of least resistance, and nobody else is going to step up and challenge her.
Least resistance, for sure. But it happened so fast it's hard to say it was momentum. Momentum needs more than a few heartbeats to build.

As for nobody being willing to challenge her, that definitely seems correct. But why? Enthusiasm? Fear? Money? Political calculation?

Before Biden stepped aside, I saw James Clyburn (whom I don't like) and Jonathan Capehart (whom I like a lot) both basically issue threats against anyone who might favor someone other than Kamala. I'm guessing they weren't the only ones - especially once Biden was gone.

No one else has time to campaign and get their name out there for national support. The nomination is just days away. With Biden as the incumbent no one ran against him and has built they kind of grassroots campaign they would need to overcome her position.

Last edited:
Why? Because Biden endorsed her.
Why did he do that? I'm betting that a decent chunk of it is because Obama didn't endorse him and he felt he would do 'better'.
Dems realize that a fight doesn't help them so they follow suit.
Plus, she's everything Trump is not.

She is being thrown under the bus. She will not win and cannot win so they are getting ready for 2028. Sacrificial lamb so to speak

I picked "it's her turn" because it sort of encompasses several different things. Path of least resistance for sure since she was on the ticket that was headed for the nomination. If they didn't select her then they would be spending a lot of time over the next month arguing amongst themselves instead of getting the focus back to defeating trump. And there is going to be a portion of it being that jumping over her would be looked at as backing away because she is a woman of color. Which would alienate some voters.

I was not going to vote for either Biden or Trump. I will not vote for Harris (for many reasons I am too lazy to type). I think she is a poor choice and will not be a good president. And her being a woman has nothing to do with it. I supported first Tulsi, then Amy in 2020.

Am I "triggered"? Hardly. But I am disappointed in the Democrat party for the undemocratic way they handled this. She should not have been basically handed the nomination. There is plenty of time before the convention to have multiple candidates come forward to make their case, and then have the delegates decide.

I was hoping for something better. Someone I can actually get behind and support. Sadly this did not happen. Maybe Harris will turn out to be great. For the country's sake I hope so. Otherwise we have to pray the Republicans put forth a good candidate in '28. But I don't have much expectation that will happen, either.

Looks like I am sitting this election out...again.

It's interesting. Would she make the best Dem POTUS? Probably not. Is she the most electable? Probably.

Those are Trump voters. They were never going to vote for VP Harris. If they don't know what she had done as VP that is on them. A quick google search shows that she has actually had successes. Even with the border. From CBS News yesterday Full article here

"In her immigration role, Harris' main line of work has focused on convincing companies to invest in Central America and promoting democracy and development there through diplomacy. In March of this year, the White House announced Harris had secured a commitment from the private sector to invest over $5 billion to promote economic opportunities and reduce violence in the region.

Efforts to reduce migration by improving conditions in migrants' home countries have always been viewed as a long-term strategy by U.S. officials. In its "root causes" framework, the Biden administration conceded the "systemic change" it envisions for Central America "will take time to achieve.""

Outside of immigration she has been strong on women's issues. Maternal mortality, reproductive health care, voting rights, parental leave, etc. I hope democrats work overtime getting this info out so that women who aren't brainwashed can actually compare the 2 platforms and see which is actually in their and their children's best interests.

Because she's the current VP, it's the next logical step and happens moderately often; Humphrey and Gore ran while Bush and Biden actually won.

Reactions: 3boysmom
"In her immigration role, Harris' main line of work has focused on convincing companies to invest in Central America and promoting democracy and development there through diplomacy. In March of this year, the White House announced Harris had secured a commitment from the private sector to invest over $5 billion to promote economic opportunities and reduce violence in the region.

Efforts to reduce migration by improving conditions in migrants' home countries have always been viewed as a long-term strategy by U.S. officials. In its "root causes" framework, the Biden administration conceded the "systemic change" it envisions for Central America "will take time to achieve.""

Wait....slow down...

You're saying there are more comprehensive strategies here than just "building a wall" that won't provide any long-term benefits, anyway...???

UNPOSSIBLE!!!

It's interesting. Would she make the best Dem POTUS? Probably not. Is she the most electable? Probably.
Biden is more electable and I think Hillary is more electable. This is probably the worst possible choice they have which leads me to believe they did that on purpose to just throw in the towel, go to work on 2028

Biden is more electable and I think Hillary is more electable. This is probably the worst possible choice they have which leads me to believe they did that on purpose to just throw in the towel, go to work on 2028
Well, I don't agree, We were watching Biden being fitted for a casket. Hillary has more baggage than Harris IMO.

But, I don't really know anything. ☹️

I was not going to vote for either Biden or Trump. I will not vote for Harris (for many reasons I am too lazy to type). I think she is a poor choice and will not be a good president. And her being a woman has nothing to do with it. I supported first Tulsi, then Amy in 2020.

Am I "triggered"? Hardly. But I am disappointed in the Democrat party for the undemocratic way they handled this. She should not have been basically handed the nomination. There is plenty of time before the convention to have multiple candidates come forward to make their case, and then have the delegates decide.

I was hoping for something better. Someone I can actually get behind and support. Sadly this did not happen. Maybe Harris will turn out to be great. For the country's sake I hope so. Otherwise we have to pray the Republicans put forth a good candidate in '28. But I don't have much expectation that will happen, either.

Looks like I am sitting this election out...again.

Translation: I’m voting for Trump.

It only took a few days after Biden's withdrawal for Kamala to lock it up - barring some unforeseen shock. But why?

Was she overwhelmingly the best choice?
Was it her turn?
Was she demanded by the big-money donors?
Were people afraid to challenge her because she is a woman or non-white?
Does she stand for the best policies?
Is she the most experienced?
Does she appeal to the base more than other contenders?
Does she appeal to independents more?
Is she more likely to beat Trump than other leading alternatives?
Are the best alternatives afraid to face Trump and/or keeping their power dry for 2028?
Experience with 4 years as VP, campaign infrastructure in place and the Biden war chest of funds.

Or maybe it's been in the works for a while, so the transition was planned out behind the scenes...

I'd piss my pants if this was in the works before the Republican Convention and the two of them were just sitting back with feet up laughing the whole time.

"Oh, we are gonna get 'em good Joe!"

giphy.gif

The poll options don't fully encompass the reasons IMO.

She has access to the money (this was discussed weeks ago).
There are only a couple names that have been in people's awareness.
She brings a lot to the table to contrast trump (and now Vance).
She gets credit for the wins of the current presidency (even per trump's team's analysis, but they think tying them together is bad, all the usual talking points have been improved (crime, stocks, etc).
The quick decision invigorated a lot of people.
There was a time component to making a fast decision.
Debating the next up would have given the Rs a LOT of time to make noise.

Translation: I’m voting for Trump.
Translation: you are a fool. I basically said I wasn’t voting for Trump in my post. I am on record NUMEROUS times that I have never voted for Trump, and never will. You must have missed my post in another thread where I referred to him as a narcissistic rapist felon.

But since I am not a party sycophant then in your tiny little mind that obviously makes me a Trump voter.

Please link just ONE post of mine where I ever said I have/will vote for Trump. Just one. Can’t be too hard, can it?

Either back up your stupid assertion or shut your mouth.

Tool.

Last edited:
He's "disappointed" in the Democratic party, but the Republicans totally get a pass on nominating Trump (again).
Wrong. As usual.

I have stated numerous times how unhappy I was the republicans nominated Trump again. Go ahead……search my posting history. Provide proof of your idiotic assertion. Ball’s in your court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT