Why Keegan Murray is the Perfect Fit for the Kings

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Keegan doesn't get mentioned much when it comes to Rookie of the Year.

Here is one Kings fan's response:

FYYfBQDVsAAXsAG

Hawksfor3

HR Legend
Dec 5, 2016
Beyond The Arc
I guess there has to be some "drama" or organizational dysfunction when you are in a 16 year playoff drought? ;)
Yeah, I suppose so. They are still possibly making more moves. There's even talk about trading for Donovan Mitchell, which some, including Matt, are saying is not going to happen. A trade like that would involve trading Davion Mitchell, Keegan, and several 1st round picks.

Last edited:

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Yeah, I suppose so. They are still possibly making more moves. There's even talk about trading for Donovan Mitchell, which some, including Matt, are saying is not going to happen. A trade like that would involve trading Davion Mitchell, Keegan, and several 1st round picks.

the stupid Timberwolves gave up 4 future 1st round picks for 30 year old Rudy Gobert.

Hawksfor3

HR Legend
Dec 5, 2016
Beyond The Arc
Gobert is 30 and he's signed for 4 more years.

Is he worth giving up the Wolves' future (4 first round picks)?
Matt made a comment about the possibility of the Donovan Mitchell deal. He made a good point when he said that giving away a player or two (which includes Keegan), and some future picks, would serve to take away from the original plan to build the roster based on need, such as wing depth. Plus, how would you play Sabonis and Mitchell. Do you play them together? Or, who backs up who?

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Matt made a comment about the possibility of the Donovan Mitchell deal. He made a good point when he said that giving away a player or two (which includes Keegan), and some future picks, would serve to take away from the original plan to build the roster based on need, such as wing depth. Plus, how would you play Sabonis and Mitchell. Do you play them together? Or, who backs up who?

It seems like the Kings have a good strategy and that they have very good pieces currently in place. I don't know why they would suddenly change that course. But, then again, they are the Kings and are in a 16 year playoff drought. ;)

You have me confused with your Donovan Mitchell comments; he is a 6'1 shooting guard. Domantas Sabonis is a 6'11 center.

Hawksfor3

HR Legend
Dec 5, 2016
Beyond The Arc
It seems like the Kings have a good strategy and that they have very good pieces currently in place. I don't know why they would suddenly change that course. But, then again, they are the Kings and are in a 16 year playoff drought. ;)

You have me confused with your Donovan Mitchell comments; he is a 6'1 shooting guard. Domantas Sabonis is a 6'11 center.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. It was a Gobert moment lol. I will say however that the whole strategy to get wings that are good shooters was part of the restructuring process, and taking away from that would defeat that strategy altogether in a trade that removes them.

Reactions: Franisdaman

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Yeah, I see what you're saying. It was a Gobert moment lol. I will say however that the whole strategy to get wings that are good shooters was part of the restructuring process, and taking away from that would defeat that strategy altogether in a trade that removes them.

did you hear about this?

• Wow
Reactions: Hawksfor3

mrcyfan

HR All-American
Aug 31, 2001
I wish Keegan well and I think he could well be a star on that team. The Kings have a long history of futility and I was glad that Tyrese Halliburton was able to move on. Hopefully Keegan won’t be sucked into what has been a black hole of the NBA.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
I wish Keegan well and I think he could well be a star on that team. The Kings have a long history of futility and I was glad that Tyrese Halliburton was able to move on. Hopefully Keegan won’t be sucked into what has been a black hole of the NBA.

The Kings now have an even better PG, imo

Reactions: Hawksfor3

hawktrooper1

HR All-State
Jan 5, 2017

Could totally see the Kings trading Keegan Murray and 2 other legit players, along with 3 future first rounders, to pair Donovan Mitchell and De'Aaron Fox together. It would be the most Kings move in the history of Sacramento.

kceasthawk

HR Legend
Nov 5, 2016
The #5 pick said that his agents advised him not to play in Sacramento. One of their reasons was the drama there. 👀 Drama?
New coach, and new GM recently. Sounds like all thats been addressed. The main thing coach Brown stressed was culture. He should know what it takes to be a champion. I think Keegan is getting in on the ground floor of a new beginning in Sac town.......