ADVERTISEMENT

Why must ISU insist on wearing those awful all black unis?

I went to the ISU game last night. Great game! Great atmosphere. Two pretty even teams. Kansas played well and deserved to win. ISU missed on a few opportunities, but overall didn't play well. Kudos to KU. Good team. Disappointing loss, but not totally unexpected. Good chance to win next week at BYU, which would make them bowl eligible. Never thought that was possible after losing to Ohio.

As for the uniforms, I'm usually not a big fan, but I like it for one big game per year. I like the Jack Trice unis better, but the Black + Silver is ok.

Also, I remember hearing or reading from Chris Williams that those colors are the original ISU colors back in 1890 or so. They switched to Cardinal + Gold in 1920s or so.

Hawk fans will make fun of ISU for pretty much anything, here is another thing to pick on. So be it. Have fun.

• Haha
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
School colors in 1890!

It is mainly due to the head coach refusing to wear anything but black

Reactions: Birky
I respectfully disagree Bryce.

While it's true ISU didn't play well, the game was very competitive and had its share of big plays. Even when ISU was down 21-3, you still felt like "there was time to come back". And they did! Got it to 21-18, then KU made a great play to seemingly put it away. Then ISU scored quickly to still give them a chance with a defensive stop. Give KU a ton of credit for getting a 1st down to seal the win.

Pregame was great! Introducing Purdy was amazing!

In spite of the loss, it was great night of college football!

• Haha
Pretty sure Pollard's goal is to try and overshadow everything Iowa does.

The black unis while blaring Back in Black throughout the game, and their entrance is also a slow walk like Iowa's to ACDC.

• Angry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT