ADVERTISEMENT

Why not the Windy City Bowl on 12/31 each year?!? BIG 4th vs SEC 4th. Give a BIG team a nice advantage for once.

Colleges in the northern half of the states experience uneven playing field compared to the southern schools due to weather. It would be nice to even the playing field by having some bowls and playoffs games be up north. How about giving home field advantage to the higher ranked team?

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Great city, attractive to fans, lots to do and a game at historic Soldier Field. Give me Iowa vs Florida on a 20 degree, windy day. Most SEC teams don’t play a game below 50 degrees all year. Give them a taste of the Midwest gridiron and beat those warm climate bastards!
Most fans don't wanna freeze for a bowl game.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Great city, attractive to fans, lots to do and a game at historic Soldier Field. Give me Iowa vs Florida on a 20 degree, windy day. Most SEC teams don’t play a game below 50 degrees all year. Give them a taste of the Midwest gridiron and beat those warm climate bastards!
Iowa has already played Florida in one of the coldest bowl games in history - and lost.

When the 12-team playoff starts, eventually there will be a southern team having to play up north in December.

Iowa has already played Florida in one of the coldest bowl games in history - and lost.

When the 12-team playoff starts, eventually there will be a southern team having to play up north in December.
That's the key if we really want to put the "cold weather theory" to test. Expand the playoffs with the first round taking place on the higher seed's campus. Bowl games are meant to be enjoyed, not endured. Keep them in warm weather states.

Agree, that Bowl sucks mule rectum. New York sucks and should be pushed off into the Atlantic and sunk like a retired battleship. Plus, that game is against a lower tier ACC team. Who cares. Chicago is Midwest; Big Ten/ SEC matchup. Much rather go to Chicago than New York.
New York At Christmas is awesome. I just don’t want to sit outside and watch a football game there at Christmastime.

Chicago is clearly a lesser vacation destination vs NYC.

Reactions: hawkcub
SEC/ACC/Pac12 schools wouldn’t like when they don’t get home field advantage in their nice warm weather climates and have to play football in very cold conditions.

Chicago and New York both suck. I bet if you asked the iowa players they would vote to play in a warmer climate hands down

Reactions: Quadhawk
This could happen once the Bears get their domed stadium built. Although, they are already at their limit for the number of bowl games available. It'll be tough to add any more.

I think many of you forget, bowls are not about the teams…they’re about their fans and getting people to the destination. Warm weather sites may give an advantage in theory to southern teams, but they draw way more fans than a bowl in New York or Detroit or Chicago for that matter.

Besides, Iowa has done pretty well against those southern teams when playing in warm destinations.

Reactions: pahawk1
SEC teams would fold up like cold little kittens if they ever had to play in weather.
Oh, I don't know. Georgia has played their last two games in temperatures that were in the 30's at kick-off and windy at both games. The last game at Kentucky had wind gusts of 30-35 MPH. They seemed to do OK.

One of those games was at night and in the other game, the second half was played after sunset. That would be like saying that Big 10 schools can't play at night because they aren't used to night games. I'm pretty sure that Big 10 schools don't fold up when they do play at night.

The former SEC players seem to do pretty well in the NFL. Doesn't the NFL play games up north in December and January.

Besides, Who wants to go to Chicago?

ADVERTISEMENT