ADVERTISEMENT

Why not win out and be 8-4

8 - 4? Yeah right, and I'm going to win the $800 Million Powerball on Saturday night. Ross - Ade Stadium on November 5 will be like the Horseshoe last week. Charlie Jones must be salivating for the game. He will be putting on a clinic (aka his middle finger) as he shows Iowa what you could have had, what you lost, what you didn't appreciate.
Charlie! No need to be so bitter. I'm glad things are working out for you in West Lafayette!

8 - 4? Yeah right, and I'm going to win the $800 Million Powerball on Saturday night. Ross - Ade Stadium on November 5 will be like the Horseshoe last week. Charlie Jones must be salivating for the game. He will be putting on a clinic (aka his middle finger) as he shows Iowa what you could have had, what you lost, what you didn't appreciate.
Whooaaa, wait, I thought we didn't have a QB capable of getting the ball to him. I bet Riley is just shitting his pants at the thought of covering Charlie.

because it would let KF & BF off the hook and probably bring back Petras next year

going 8-4 does nothing to solve the long-term problems
While true, it's also a very pro sports mentality, and something I've seen creep its way into thinking about the college game as well.

This idea of "don't be afraid to go 4-8 if it means change and future success down the road"................

Too bad going 4-8 in CFB just adds one more hurdle for a staff, new or old, to overcome, unlike in the NFL where you're guaranteed a good draft pick and can much more easily buy yourself a good team in free agency (and by more easily, the fact that there's fewer mouths to feed is also implied.........just sayin).

What Iowa needs is more in line with what the Vikings are doing, which is considered a "competitive rebuild", where they're still capable of winning now, but they recognize that change needs to be made, and that those changes need to address the biggest concerns right now (those being primarily on the offensive side of the ball).

Nah, you're not beating Iowa.

I've already made that pretty clear before the season. You don't get to beat Iowa this year.

I said we could go 1-11 this year for all I care, but I'll be got dammed, that one win is gonna be Purdue.

They dug their own grave last year, and over the last few years, and now they're gonna have fun laying in it (btw if you want a reference, see Penn State).

Enjoy watching Charlie not get his win against Iowa! :D

• Love
Reactions: natchrlman
Except Charlie Jones is not near the same scale as the WR's at OSU.

Reactions: sober_teacher
None of our last 5 opponents are ranked much less in the scare category. It is conceivable. 3 home games to boot.

If we can get ANY momentum with big win this week and get some confidence with our offense then why not.

I'm not one of the regular HATERS on this cesspool board. I'm heading over from Des Moines this weekend like I do every home game. If we lose - so be it. Terrible year. But I WILL go down with the ship unlike a lot of you. We're from IOWA - remember that. We don't quit on our team.
It is possible. The defense and special teams are capable doing it. If the offense could perform at even a mediocre level.

Win out and many on here will have to choke on the acceptance of Kirk remaining and go to the Music City bowl because everyone always wanted us to go to Nashville.
Where is Kirk going? We could lose the rest of our games this year, and have the same record next year and he isn't going anywhere unless he does us all a favor and retires.

It would be very fitting for Iowa to win out, make a decent bowl and then everyone’s job will be safe.
I'm sure many Hawk fans are thinking just this. Would be interesting to see if Brian were retained if that happened. Would never root against the Hawks, but this program is in desperate need of a new OC.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I will tell you eternal optimists and Ferentz worshippers why not. The upside is 5-7. We lose to Purdue, MN, and WI. It's going to be as fun as watching something nasty still spinning around in the toilet after several flushes. The stench of BF's offense sticks around like a broken sewer line in your least favorite neighbor's backyard. The guy is a little like KF; he pretends there's no problem and just won't fix it. No matter how many times you spray citrus air fresheners for the rest of this season, your loved ones all hold their noses, squint, and shake their heads, asking, "Dad, what is that... something's freaking dead"

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
ADVERTISEMENT