ADVERTISEMENT

Why they want you to vote against national health care

what was spent on the illegal Iraq War, The Coup in Lybia, the Illegal occupation of Syria, and the meddling/arming of Ukraine ?

How many trillions ? That could have paid for Healthcare, National Works Projects-New Infrastructure and paid off all the Student Debt the banksters have burdened our youth with.

Anyone who opposed the neocon/neoliberal interventionist foreign policy would quickly be attacked and smeared by the controlled corporate media. See Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, Tulsi.

United healthcare to make 260 billion in 2020. There are 357 million people in the US. That means every American put in about $80 bucks in the coffers of United.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucej...7AWv-0UKT00Ml2ooYkAMtiR3OGcqz-AI#482b78b27ee5

Holee shit!!!

What % of Americans are actually covered by United, so we can compute the cost per insured here?

THIS is why United, Cigna, et al spent millions shutting down the Colorado Health OP state-run insurance carrier. CO-OP offered policies that ran about 75% of what the rest charge, for the SAME insurance coverage. Imma guess if we computed up the numbers, for United that 25% "surcharge" would be around $260B....

Reactions: Urohawk
Perhaps the more important question here is: Why do you want a 'for profit' company in charge of your healthcare, and what they'll agree to pay out in benefits to protect profit margins?

I can change insurance companies if I don't like them.

Can't do that with single payer.

single payer = waste, fraud ,abuse, huge tax rates and Crappy Health Care

and it can never be repealed

Reactions: haw-key
No. You cannot, without significant financial penalties, and likely ending up changing your providers, too.
It's why private insurance doesn't function efficiently - it's not a 'free market'.

Joe, they have this thing every year called "open enrollment"... perhaps you've heard of it?

Joe, they have this thing every year called "open enrollment"... perhaps you've heard of it?

...which means if your insurer screws you over on cancer treatment in February, you have to last until the following January for any recourse.

what was spent on the illegal Iraq War, The Coup in Lybia, the Illegal occupation of Syria, and the meddling/arming of Ukraine ?

How many trillions ? That could have paid for Healthcare, National Works Projects-New Infrastructure and paid off all the Student Debt the banksters have burdened our youth with.

Anyone who opposed the neocon/neoliberal interventionist foreign policy would quickly be attacked and smeared by the controlled corporate media. See Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, Tulsi.

Nailed it. We are effectively a Star Wars style Empire/First Order. Both sides like you said are willing participants in creating our world police/nation building. In the end, they figured out war always has and always will be the most profitable business.

Somehow I don't think you clearly understand "open enrollment." Just for fun, why don't you explain it?

Obamacare created these things called "marketplaces"... every year, you can review plan offerings from different insurers, and pick the one that's right for you.

Obamacare created these things called "marketplaces"... every year, you can review plan offerings from different insurers, and pick the one that's right for you.

...and if your insurer decides you've "spent too much" by March, then you're completely f***ed until the following year.

According to the linked headline, UHC will generate $260 Billion in REVENUES, not in profits. (My add blocker blocked the actual article.)

So if they have an after tax margin of 10%, they would be making $260 million ... or $8 per person ... not $80. I am guessing that even 10% is high though.

You guys need to understand what you are reading.

Oops! FormerlyCyberCy had already posted this and with the actual profits indicating an actual profit margin of 5%.

Which works out to $4 per person assuming the same population as what the OP used.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
By the way, my cancer radiation that I suffered through this past summer cost around $60,000. My UHC supplement paid the 20% copay or about $12,000, The balance was covered by Medicare.

They also paid 20% of the bill for a couple of shock wave treatments (Kidney Stones) and a couple of other minor things. I had a fairly good year when it came to utilizing insurance money. Thank you UHC and my "prepaid" healthcare called Medicare.

My cost? $2100 in UHC premiums for the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: timinatoria
According to the linked headline, UHC will generate $260 million in REVENUES, not in profits. (My add blocker blocked the actual article.)

So if they have an after tax margin of 10%, they would be making $260 million ... or $8 per person ... not $80. I am guessing that even 10% is high though.

You guys need to understand what you are reading.
Sign...you are not right either.

Here is a link to their financials:

https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/investors/financial-reports.html

United Health Group has revenue through three quarters of $181.3 billion (you said millions above...revenue is in billions you missed by 3 orders of magnitude). This tracks to the estimates of over $250B in revenue for the full year.

Their earnings (profit) are expected to be better than previously forecasted and they upped their guidance to the street.

Year to date through three quarters their earnings from operations (best view of how much profit they make off the insurance premiums they charge) was $14.5 Billion. Again you missed by orders of magnitude.

Their operating margins are in the high single digits and their net profit margin around 5%.

Maybe you should stick to complaining about dems cause you clearly know nothing about finance.

Sign...you are not right either.

Here is a link to their financials:

https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/investors/financial-reports.html

United Health Group has revenue through three quarters of $181.3 billion (you said millions above...revenue is in billions you missed by 3 orders of magnitude). This tracks to the estimates of over $250B in revenue for the full year.

Their earnings (profit) are expected to be better than previously forecasted and they upped their guidance to the street.

Year to date through three quarters their earnings from operations (best view of how much profit they make off the insurance premiums they charge) was $14.5 Billion. Again you missed by orders of magnitude.

Their operating margins are in the high single digits and their net profit margin around 5%.

Maybe you should stick to complaining about dems cause you clearly know nothing about finance.

Oops ... I hit an "m" instead of a "b." I have corrected it. Everything else should stand as originally stated.

I would urge you to be a little careful with some of your generalizations. You are acting like an FBI agent ... one of those guys who pounces on typos and starts calling everyone a liar.

Oops ... I hit an "m" instead of a "b." I have corrected it. Everything else should stand as originally stated.

I would urge you to be a little careful with some of your generalizations. You are acting like an FBI agent ... one of those guys who pounces on typos and starts calling everyone a liar.
Fair enough, although you were snarky to others which was what caused mine in return.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus

7 trillion give or take. Im not even sure that counts the cost of programs that obliterated the 4th Amendment like the Patriot and Freedom acts. Which just got renewed. All democrats had to do was let it expire.

Since we pay twice as much on average as any other developed nation we could see savings of 5 trillion dollars over the course of 10 years in healthcare cost. The fact that people defend a for profit middle men siphoning off an additional 5 trillion dollars for their wallets absolutely blows my mind.

The 80 billion dollar increase to military spending more than covers the annual cost of free college.

Are priorities are effed and propaganda is very effective.

By the way, 260 billion divided by 357 million is not $80....

They only insure 50M worldwide; no indication on the US only insureds. But likely around 40-45M people.

If they are pulling in $260B in revenues, and insuring 45M people, then it's costing people around $6k each.

So....."national healthcare" paid for 80% of your care.

No ... My Medicare policy paid 80%. I have been pre-paying on this policy for 45-50 years.

Medicare is supposedly an insurance policy ... although the government seems to regard the capital reserves normally required of an insurance company as a piggy bank.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT