ADVERTISEMENT

Why will Trump appt only a woman to the SCOTUS vacancy?

Politics.
But...but..a VP pick is inherently political, VP picks throughout American history have been based on ticket balancing based on factors such as region or ideology. So bringing in a gender or racial criteria for that type of pick is pretty much the norm, updated for the 21st century.

I'm really on my fainting couch here, clutching my cheap, fake pearls. You're saying this whole drama is political? I thought after all the criticisms of the Dems for not going the "most qualified" route when it came to the VP pick that if a supposedly non-political Supreme Court position opened that surely Republicans would open the selection process to the widest possible field?

Best valley girl/guy voice: Oh mah God!

Last edited:
Just trying to ramp down the the Dem smear machine.

But...but..a VP pick is inherently political, picks throughout American history have been based on ticket balancing based on factors such as region or ideology. So bringing in a gender or racial criteria for that type of pick is pretty much the norm, updated for the 21st century.

I'm really on my fainting couch here, clutching my cheap, fake pearls. You're saying this whole drama is political? I thought after all the criticisms of the Dems for not going the "most qualified" route when it came to the VP pick that if a supposedly non-political Supreme Court position opened that surely Republicans would open the selection process to the widest possible field?

Best valley girl/guy voice: Oh mah God!

Don't worry. I'm sure Trump will nominate another white frat boy again.

I was told during the Dems VP pick period that they should not be restricting the search according to criteria based on gender or race. Qualifications only. So what's going on here?

I haven’t heard him speak about a nominee. Did he say he would only nominate a female?

Dude is literally going to pick the woman from Florida just to increase his odds of winning that state. Let that sink in for a moment.

Barbara Lagoa is a good choice. I picked her before knowing she was on his list.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
Dude is literally going to pick the woman from Florida just to increase his odds of winning that state. Let that sink in for a moment.

I read up on her. Another Federalist Society judge. Awesome if you are a corporation or a zealot. Bad for everyone else.

I read up on her. Another Federalist Society judge. Awesome if you are a corporation or a zealot. Bad for everyone else.
It appears she has passed his only test: blind loyalty. And Trump can't even pronounce federalist.

Reactions: Moral
Barbara Lagoa is a good choice. I picked Barbara Lagoa before knowing she was on his list.
Just so full of shit. The full of shit party. Should just change the name, get it over with. Truth in advertising.

I was told during the Dems VP pick period that they should not be restricting the search according to criteria based on gender or race. Qualifications only. So what's going on here?
He’s playing 3d chess and the dems are playing checkers.

Trump shouldn't be stooping to the Democrats' level of identity politics. However, considering what they did to his last nomination, a judge without a penis might be easier to confirm right now.

Reactions: B1G
Trump shouldn't be stooping to the Democrats' level of identity politics. However, considering what they did to his last nomination, a judge without a penis might be easier to confirm right now.
More award winning arguments. You should be proud of yourself.

Reactions: nelly02

This. He is angling to show all the housewives they should vote for him, "See, I just put a broad on the SC". "And look, all my Latino friends. I put one of your people on the bench cause I am so proLatino."

Vote for Trump, I like the women and the few hispanics that aren't rapists and murderers.

I think it will go beyond just FL, but that is definitely a state he needs to win.

I think he wants to replace a woman with a woman. And Justice Lagoa is a qualified, experienced jurist who's been vetted and confirmed by a bipartisan vote.
Do you have an issue with female justices?

This. He is angling to show all the housewives they should vote for him, "See, I just put a broad on the SC". "And look, all my Latino friends. I put one of your people on the bench cause I am so proLatino."

Vote for Trump, I like the women and the few hispanics that aren't rapists and murderers.

I think it will go beyond just FL, but that is definitely a state he needs to win.
Trump has been getting the hershey squirts in Florida ever since the real billionaire announced he would plug $100 million into the state.

I think he wants to replace a woman with a woman. And Justice Lagoa is a qualified, experienced jurist who's been vetted and confirmed by a bipartisan vote.
Do you have an issue with female justices?

I have no issue with women on the bench. My team has nominated 75% of them. I do, however, have a big problem with ramming a pick in right before the election in the hopes that this pick will rule in Trump's favor when he challenges the results

Reactions: hawkbirch
Leave insults out of a Trump thread. Just where do you think you are, snowflake? Your side ran on "Phuck Your Feelings."
Again, it's not my side. And we can't run our country on feelings. We have to use those pesky little things called laws.

Reactions: goldmom
As I said with Biden, it depends upon what he meant. If he knows who he is going to pick, and it’s a woman, fine. Even, if all the finalists happen to be women, fine.

But if he restricted the search to women, not fine.

Again, it's not my side. And we can't run our country on feelings. We have to use those pesky little things called laws.
I see @goldmom liked your post. Which is ironic because literally all Trump is doing is running the country on feelings. Everything has been in service to his ego and settling personal scores.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT