ADVERTISEMENT

Why would an American Jew be a Democrat?

IMCC965

HR Legend
Gold Member
May 12, 2009
North Liberty
After the display today following Benjamin N. speech, the Dems threw a temper tantrum how BN was fear-mongering, blah, blah, blah.

Why would you associate yourself with the Democrat party after this if you're Jewish?

Originally posted by IMCC965:
After the display today following Benjamin N. speech, the Dems threw a temper tantrum how BN was fear-mongering, blah, blah, blah.

Why would you associate yourself with the Democrat party after this if you're Jewish?
My wife asked the same question. It's mystifying. I guess they're stupid.

Because they realize that the only reason evangelicals and the religious right support Israel is to trigger the end of times?

Reactions: Torg
Awesome. You think the majority of Jews are stupid. Dont you accuse WWJD of being antisemitic?

Because they are Liberals.

Originally posted by BABiscuit:
Awesome. You think the majority of Jews are stupid. Dont you accuse WWJD of being antisemitic?
So you think Jews that support a path to their obliteration are smart? Awesome.

Originally posted by hawkbleeder:

So you think Jews that support a path to their obliteration are smart?  Awesome.

Please explain how American Jews are supporting a path to their obliteration?

Posted from Rivals Mobile

My wife asked the same question. It's mystifying. I guess they're stupid.
It's adorable when mentally challenged couples get married.

The glamor of Broadway is beckoning straights
The people who marry in all 50 states
We're asking every hetero
to get to know us better-o
It's not just for gays anymore!
It's for fine, upstanding Christians
who know all the song from Grease
It's for sober-minded businessman
Who yearn for some release
So, put down your Playboy and go make a plan
To pick up a Playbill and feel like a man
There's so much to discover
With your different-gendered lover
It's not just for gays
The gays and the Jews
And cousins in from out of town you have to amuse
And the sad, embittered malcontents who write the reviews
And also foreign tourists
And the geeks of senior citizens
And well-to-do suburbanites
And liberal intellectuals
Though that group is really only Jews and homosexuals
I've lost my train of thought
Oh yes, It's not just for gays anymore!

NPH?

Most I know have very little if any personal connection to Israel and view themselves and Americans and liberals first and foremost. I get it, even if it is a bit odd.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
Originally posted by Mattski:
Most I know have very little if any personal connection to Israel and view themselves and Americans and liberals first and foremost. I get it, even if it is a bit odd.

I don't find this odd at all. We are Americans, not Israelis.

Reactions: Rudolph
Originally posted by dgordo:

I'm referring to the liberal part ;)

It's a good question. Especially now that Netanyahu is the new leader of the Republican party.

Originally posted by ANYCHawk:
The glamor of Broadway is beckoning straights
The people who marry in all 50 states
We're asking every hetero
to get to know us better-o
It's not just for gays anymore!
It's for fine, upstanding Christians
who know all the song from Grease
It's for sober-minded businessman
Who yearn for some release
So, put down your Playboy and go make a plan
To pick up a Playbill and feel like a man
There's so much to discover
With your different-gendered lover
It's not just for gays
The gays and the Jews
And cousins in from out of town you have to amuse
And the sad, embittered malcontents who write the reviews
And also foreign tourists
And the geeks of senior citizens
And well-to-do suburbanites
And liberal intellectuals
Though that group is really only Jews and homosexuals
I've lost my train of thought
Oh yes, It's not just for gays anymore!
Truth!

article-2610965-1D4814E600000578-208_634x710.jpg

Mattski....I have never met a Jew who doesn't feel a very close kinship to Israel and certainly view themselves as Jewish. They live in America, but their heart is with Israel and most are fiercely Jewish. However, I did notice a large number of graves marked with the Star of David at the Normandy Beach cemetery in France. Go to Miami and meet your Jewish Republican friends. I fail to see what you see as "odd" here.

Originally posted by joelbc1:

Mattski....I have never met a Jew who doesn't feel a very close kinship to Israel and certainly view themselves as Jewish. They live in America, but their heart is with Israel and most are fiercely Jewish. However, I did notice a large number of graves marked with the Star of David at the Normandy Beach cemetery in France. Go to Miami and meet your Jewish Republican friends. I fail to see what you see as "odd" here.
dgordo would like a word with you about now.

So how about this……we are Americans, not African Americans.

So how about this……we are Americans, not African Americans. 

It seems weird that when someone from Mexico or another Hispanic country expresses their affinity or desire to keep party of their ancestry they told they should assimilate but if a Jewish American shows no interest in Israel we get the opposite reaction.

So how about this……we are Americans, not African Americans.Â

It seems weird that when someone from Mexico or another Hispanic country expresses their affinity or desire to keep party of their ancestry they told they should assimilate but if a Jewish American shows no interest in Israel we get the opposite reaction.

It's because your food is terrible so they've never had the trouble of trying to order food in Hebrew.

Originally posted by FlickShagwell:
I imagine the fact that our most recent republican president's grandfather being in business with Hitler probably doesn't help things.
The Rockefeller's......were in direct business with Hitler as well. Made sure all the VX rockets had fuel. Every Rockefeller that served in Gov't was a Democrat. Not to Mention the Joe Kennedy Sr. supported the Nazi's to the point that he lost his Ambassadorship because of it. JFK slept with a German spy, and it's the reason why he was sent to the Pacific. It was the only way the Navy could get him to stop seeing her.

So what's you're point?

So how about this……we are Americans, not African Americans.Â

Boom.

Originally posted by Hawk in SEC Country:

Originally posted by FlickShagwell:
I imagine the fact that our most recent republican president's grandfather being in business with Hitler probably doesn't help things.
The Rockefeller's......were in direct business with Hitler as well. Made sure all the VX rockets had fuel. Every Rockefeller that served in Gov't was a Democrat. Not to Mention the Joe Kennedy Sr. supported the Nazi's to the point that he lost his Ambassadorship because of it. JFK slept with a German spy, and it's the reason why he was sent to the Pacific. It was the only way the Navy could get him to stop seeing her.

So what's you're point?
Not that it matters but you are wrong about the rockefellers, they were all republicans except Jay.

Originally posted by stout1:
Because they realize that the only reason evangelicals and the religious right support Israel is to trigger the end of times?
This is why a person should never post while knowing nothing about the subject they are commenting on. The above mentioned people support the Jews because Jesus was a practicing Jew and the Jews are God's chosen people . Nothing more complicated that that. But the OP's question is still unanswered. Add to his post the Europe is deeply anti-Semitic and that has been muted the last 40 years, its coming back in spades. Even our POTUS, when four Jews are killed in a Kosher deli says the crime is "random". He loves to admit our supposed sins against the Muslim community but at the same time refuses to recognize anti-Semitic behavior when its right in front of him
This post was edited on 3/4 8:51 AM by aflachawk

Originally posted by aflachawk:
This is why a person should never post while knowing nothing about the subject they are commenting on. The above mentioned people support the Jews because Jesus was a practicing Jew and the Jews are God's chosen people . Nothing more complicated that that. But the OP's question is still unanswered. Add to his post the Europe is deeply anti-Semitic and that has been muted the last 40 years, its coming back in spades. Even our POTUS, when four Jews are killed in a Kosher deli says the crime is "random". He loves to admit our supposed sins against the Muslim community but at the same time refuses to recognize anti-Semitic behavior when its right in front of him
Its way more complicated than that. A huge minority of Americans believe in literal biblical prophecy that will bring about Armageddon and the return of Jesus. Something like 20-40% depending on the poll. For that to happen, they think there must be an Israel (among several additional requirements) so that Jesus can come down and burn all the non-Christians including any Jews. Its a very messed up line of thinking and if you reject it, thats to your credit. But that doesn't mean its not a real motivator for a significant number of religious people.

"The OmniPoll even found an interesting racial gap regarding belief that we are living in the end times. Fully 54% of Blacks said yes and so did 48% of Hispanics, about one out of two in both cases. Whites were at 39%, slightly below the national average as a whole, but still significant."

I found these numbers in the OmniPoll, summer 2013.[That poll shockingly found 41% of American thought we were living in end times. The poll asked "do you, personally, believe that the world is currently living in the 'end times' as described by prophecies in the Bible, or not?"]

But it seems to me there is not a great deal of support for Israel among Blacks. So Natural, maybe your linkeage of the two is not rock solid. A lot of it is political, IMO.

Originally posted by pablow:
"The OmniPoll even found an interesting racial gap regarding belief that we are living in the end times. Fully 54% of Blacks said yes and so did 48% of Hispanics, about one out of two in both cases. Whites were at 39%, slightly below the national average as a whole, but still significant."

I found these numbers in the OmniPoll, summer 2013.[That poll shockingly found 41% of American thought we were living in end times. The poll asked "do you, personally, believe that the world is currently living in the 'end times' as described by prophecies in the Bible, or not?"]

But it seems to me there is not a great deal of support for Israel among Blacks. So Natural, maybe your linkeage of the two is not rock solid. A lot of it is political, IMO.
Maybe, but you're going to need more data. Do you have a poll showing support for Israel's existence below 54% among blacks? I did a quick search and didn't find one.

Additionally, I've always maintained that religious people don't understand their own religion very well. Its not really important that the masses connect all the dots and appreciate that end times prophecy require there be an Israel to burn for Jesus. Its only necessary that the leaders understand this and then encourage that voting pattern. And of course I agree its political, religion in America is political. The churches in this nation abandoned faith for power long ago.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

Maybe, but you're going to need more data. Do you have a poll showing support for Israel's existence below 54% among blacks? I did a quick search and didn't find one.

Additionally, I've always maintained that religious people don't understand their own religion very well. Its not really important that the masses connect all the dots and appreciate that end times prophecy require there be an Israel to burn for Jesus. Its only necessary that the leaders understand this and then encourage that voting pattern. And of course I agree its political, religion in America is political. The churches in this nation abandoned faith for power long ago.
And what say you about the faith of Islam and politics?

And what say you about the faith of Islam and politics?
Its very political too. Religion in general is often tempted to sell out for easy converts by using state power. The ones who usually resist this are sects who are too weak to be effective political allies. Religion is rarely content to just spread faith. They always want to force action once they get enough power. I have no special love or hatred for Christianity or Islam or any religion. They are all suspect in my mind. I simply speak more about Christianity as its the faith we are all more familiar with and touches us in the US most.

Originally posted by aflachawk:
Its way more complicated than that. A huge minority of Americans believe in literal biblical prophecy that will bring about Armageddon and the return of Jesus. Something like 20-40% depending on the poll. For that to happen, they think there must be an Israel (among several additional requirements) so that Jesus can come down and burn all the non-Christians including any Jews. Its a very messed up line of thinking and if you reject it, thats to your credit. But that doesn't mean its not a real motivator for a significant number of religious people.
I know about the subject I am commenting on. While I was being hyperbolic to say "only reason", Natural points out some of the information I know about the subject.

Thanks Natural.

So you think Jews that support a path to their obliteration are smart? Â Awesome.

By supporting Obama. You must not have heard the Prime Minister's speech.

So you think Jews that support a path to their obliteration are smart? Â Awesome.

You must not have heard our Presidents Speech.

Originally posted by wildcatdad:

I've learned to ignore his speeches and watch what he does. You're naive. Very naive.

I've learned to ignore his speeches and watch what he does. You're naive. Very naive.

From you, that is a complement. Thinking of you as an American makes me kind of sick. Go to Israel and enjoy the Olives.

Im going to need a better explanation. Simply saying that supporting obama is a path to obliteration of american jews doesnt make any sense to me. What is obama doing to obliterate american jews?

From you, that is a complement. Thinking of you as an American makes me kind of sick. Go to Israel and enjoy the Olives.
You don't support Jews or ideas that are good for America. You're a small man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT