ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State: How To Run A Coaching Search

We are not Wichita State. Shocker? U shouldn't be.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by uirx2002
We are not Wichita State. Shocker? U shouldn't be.

This, they pour all their money in baseball and have a great history, neither of which Iowa does.

More excuse making.

Funny, for WSU "pouring all its money into baseball" they sure did well in the NCAA basketball tourney.

Iowa? Not so much.

Before we get too carried away with WSU, let's remember they haven't had football since '86.

Originally posted by HeyDeyJay

More excuse making.

Funny, for WSU "pouring all its money into baseball" they sure did well in the NCAA basketball tourney.

Iowa? Not so much.

Go away troll.

So let me get this straight:

In order to have a well run coaching search, you have to "pour all your money" into a sport?

Interesting.

Originally posted by HeyDeyJay

So let me get this straight:

In order to have a well run coaching search, you have to "pour all your money" into a sport?

Interesting.

$$= better facilities, equipment, salary for coach, assistants, staff, travel for games, travel for recruiting, etc.

Those things go a long way in attracting a quality candidate. History helps as well.

Come on man. Iowa doesn't spend the money necessary to put a winning product on the field because they don't want to.
This post was edited on 6/18 9:32 PM by bubbfan

Originally posted by bubbfan:

Come on man. Iowa doesn't spend the money necessary to put a winning product on the field because they don't want to.
This post was edited on 6/18 9:32 PM by bubbfan

Who said anything different?

I don't think anyone will disagree that Iowa views the baseball program low on the priority list. That's no secret, don't get me wrong I would love for the baseball team to be better but it makes a hell of a lot more sense to take care of the money makers (football and basketball) first.

In saying that some in this thread still don't seem to understand that fact and why other programs that do have better facilities and put more money in their program don't have a problem filling a coaching vacancy.

You know since the OP in this thread was trying to compare the coaching search at WSU to Iowa's.

Honest question. Every other Big 10 team has or is putting substantial money into their baseball programs. Does Iowa have that much less resources than all the others? I especially address this question in regards to Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Northwestern. Each of those have new facilities, have made major upgrades, or have new facilities on the drawing board. Are all these better off financially than Iowa?

If Iowa wanted to maintain the status quo, they should have just kept Jack and been happy with a .500 or little less season, or just drop the program.

This post was edited on 6/19 1:29 PM by bubbfan

This post was edited on 6/19 1:32 PM by bubbfan

Northewestern (14,900) and Nebraska (24,500) are the only two with lower enrollments (NW being private and UN being the only state D1 university in Neb). Iowa competes against 3 other major in-state Universities for monies and so relies heavily on donors and their PT programs to fund the athletics.

As I said. They should have just kept Jack (he would have stayed forever) or just drop the program if they are at such a disadvantage as you suggest.

This post was edited on 6/20 3:44 PM by bubbfan

Penn States coach got fired, err "resigned", looks like Penn State doesn't want a perennial loser. We'll see how long it takes before they have a coach in place.

Originally posted by HeyDeyJay:

More excuse making.

Iowa? Not so much.
One thing we should be able to agree on is that Creighton turned out to be the biggest bust in the NCAA tourney, on that we should be able to agree on.

Originally posted by Arbitr8:

More excuse making.

Iowa? Not so much.
One thing we should be able to agree on is that Creighton turned out to be the biggest bust in the NCAA tourney, on that we should be able to agree on.
By losing to Duke?

Originally posted by cg8284:

More excuse making.

Iowa? Not so much.
By losing to Duke?
It didn't matter who the opponent was, Creighton has the nickname "one & done" in the NCAA BB tourney, known fact most fans never bother getting a hotel room and the school keeps the bus engine running because they know deep down it's one and done.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

The last two years Creighton won its first game and then lost to # 1 seed North Carolina and # 2 seed Duke.

I guess that means "bust" if you're an Iowa fan (btw, when was the last tourney appearance for Iowa?)

More excuse making.

Iowa? Not so much.
By losing to Duke?
It didn't matter who the opponent was, Creighton has the nickname "one & done" in the NCAA BB tourney, known fact most fans never bother getting a hotel room and the school keeps the bus engine running because they know deep down it's one and done.
Quit making Iowa fans look like ratards with your clueless comments.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

The last two years Creighton won its first game and then lost to # 1 seed North Carolina and # 2 seed Duke.

I guess that means "bust" if you're an Iowa fan (btw, when was the last tourney appearance for Iowa?)
Sources are saying your boy Servais interviewed for the Iowa job. There may be a crow buffet in your future, bud.

More excuse making.

Iowa? Not so much.
By losing to Duke?
Quit making Iowa fans look like ratards with your clueless comments.
You do know one and done is on point.

Silly? C'mon, haven't you ever heard of a coach interviewing for a job to solidify his position at his current school? Servais is not only a good baseball man, but he's a smart business man too.

ADVERTISEMENT