ADVERTISEMENT

Will be 40 tomorrow ugg

Hoosierhawkeye

HR King
Sep 16, 2008
man-40.gif

Halfway through my natural lifespan and over the hill.

Tomorrow should be fun but I hate getting older.

man-40.gif

Halfway through my natural lifespan and over the hill.

Tomorrow should be fun but I hate getting older.
I’m mid 40s. Other than losing hair, I’m in the best shape of my life. I’m stronger, faster, and best body comp now than when I was on my 20s. Just a few more aches!

Happy Birthday! I've got about two decades on you. It hit me on my last birthday I am likely 75-80% done with life. Kind of sobering!

I took 40 in stride. Was probably in best shape of my life, had a fun weekend getaway with my family to celebrate, felt good man. 41 and 42 seemed worse because you’re not even a nice round 40 anymore, feels more like you’re just another 40-something schlub.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
I dreaded turning 40. I am now 47 and they have been the best years of my life.

When I'm 50, my oldest son will be 19, my daughter a few months from 18, and my youngest son 16 and a half.

10 years doesn't seem nearly as long as it used to that's for certain.
30, 40 and 50 didn't bother me because everyone usually misses my age by about 10 years and as long as my heart doesn't explode, I feel alright. That said, the next biggie looms large. With kids, I am getting my shite together.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
30, 40 and 50 didn't bother me because everyone usually misses my age by about 10 years and as long as my heart doesn't explode, I feel alright. That said, the next biggie looms large. With kids, I am getting my shite together.

Every 10 year mark has bothered me. Getting older generally sucks but those 10 year marks really stick out.

Even when I turned 20 I was sort of sad about not being a teenager anymore.

Reactions: jasonrann
I turn 50 next year and feel like I'm in better shape than when I was 40 or 30. I imagine that won't be the case when I turn 60.

When I'm 50, my oldest son will be 19, my daughter a few months from 18, and my youngest son 16 and a half.

It is always interesting to me to compare kid's ages among people I know.

One of my best friends will have a 23 year old and a 17 year old at 50.
Another will have 16, 14, 12 and 6 year old kids.
I will have "kids" who will be 25, 22 and 20...

Hell, I would love to be 40 again. 63 now. Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Party GIF by Hello All
Not me. I am 63 also and will be 64 in October. I have zero desire to be younger. The way this country is going down the tubes, I’m glad I won’t be living 30+ more years. I feel sorry for the kids of today.

To quote Joe Walsh: “I can’t complain but sometimes I still do. Life’s been good to me so far”.

It is always interesting to me to compare kid's ages among people I know.

One of my best friends will have a 23 year old and a 17 year old at 50.
Another will have 16, 14, 12 and 6 year old kids.
I will have "kids" who will be 25, 22 and 20...
When I turn 50 next year my kids will be 25 and 23. Most of my contemporaries have kids who are younger.

Not me. I am 63 also and will be 64 in October. I have zero desire to be younger. The way this country is going down the tubes, I’m glad I won’t be living 30+ more years. I feel sorry for the kids of today.

To quote Joe Walsh: “I can’t complain but sometimes I still do. Life’s been good to me so far”.
Ways people tell you're they're conservative without saying it.

You're like my age then. I feel like I'm a decade behind everyone. I didn't really drink or smoke pot or screw around until my mid 20s. (big introvert raised in a conservative household)

I'm still "partying" too much. Doesn't hurt that I've been told I look a decade younger than my age forever.

I feel like I need to be slightly more responsible now. (or not)

ADVERTISEMENT