ADVERTISEMENT

Will CNN listen to Bob Woodward?

SIXERS24

HR Heisman
Dec 2, 2014
Dallas Texas
“In the news media there has been an emotional reaction to Trump,” Woodward said, later adding, “Too many people for Trump or against Trump have become emotionally unhinged about this.”

“The remedy [isn’t a lawsuit],” he argued. “It’s more serious reporting about what he’s doing.”

Woodward made the remark at the Global Financial Leadership Conference in Naples, Fla.

NBC News's Dylan Byers first tweetedWoodward's comments.

Woodward has cautioned reporters covering the president in recent months, once telling The Atlantic that the American people “see the smugness” of some in the press and that “following the facts” without injecting feelings and opinions into reporting is one way to help regain the trust of the public.

Reactions: obfuscating
Honestly, if they stopped reporting on half of the shit Trump does t would bring some faith back into humanity.

I disagree with Bob Woodward's call for appeasement. I think he needs to go review how successful that practice has been over the last century.

It's all about $$$$$$.........but it's all about ego and not allowing themselves to admit they've taken it too far, as well.
But yet you are completely fine with this administration's ego and not allowing themselves to admit they have taken it too far ...

Interesting.

Reactions: dekhawk
Where have I ever stated that? Please.....quote me.
Seriously?

Your posting history suggests that. I don't recall any posts from you upset with Trump yet you are all over the media. Would you like to take this opportunity to clarify your position on the ego and actions of this administration?

Funny you say that. I haven't posted on OT since before the election. I only recently started to post here again this week, sans maybe an isolated comment here and there. Nothing overtly political at all.

I have more important things going on in my life....like rebuilding a business that I moved 1800 miles that I need to focus on.

Funny you say that. I haven't posted on OT since before the election. I only recently started to post here again this week, sans maybe an isolated comment here and there. Nothing overtly political at all.
Then answer the question:

Is it okay when the Trump administration lies and becomes egotistical in a similar fashion to what you claim the media does?

Woodward said essentially the same thing on Bill Maher Friday night, but followed it up by talking about the New York Times' groundbreaking dive into Trump's taxes and business dealings from a month or so back. Said the Times and Washington Post should've continued to report on that and done an entire series on it like he did for Watergate instead of just a one off story.

Curious what the right would think of that? Would they take the reporters seriously, or parrot Trump's "fake news" 'failing New York Times" bullshit like they do every other time something damaging comes out?

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Since when do I owe you an answer for anything? NO, it's not okay. I never said it was. Both are complete shit shows.
You don't owe me an answer. Quote me on where I said you did.

I just asked a question. That's kind of what message boards are for dude.

“In the news media there has been an emotional reaction to Trump,” Woodward said, later adding, “Too many people for Trump or against Trump have become emotionally unhinged about this.”

“The remedy [isn’t a lawsuit],” he argued. “It’s more serious reporting about what he’s doing.”

Woodward made the remark at the Global Financial Leadership Conference in Naples, Fla.

NBC News's Dylan Byers first tweetedWoodward's comments.

Woodward has cautioned reporters covering the president in recent months, once telling The Atlantic that the American people “see the smugness” of some in the press and that “following the facts” without injecting feelings and opinions into reporting is one way to help regain the trust of the public.
And buy more of his books, he says.

Since when do I owe you an answer for anything? NO, it's not okay. I never said it was. Both are complete shit shows. I turned off televised media a long time ago.

You don't owe me an answer. Quote me on where I said you did.

I just asked a question. That's kind of what message boards are for dude.

latest

Woodward said essentially the same thing on Bill Maher Friday night, but followed it up by talking about the New York Times' groundbreaking dive into Trump's taxes and business dealings from a month or so back. Said the Times and Washington Post should've continued to report on that and done an entire series on it like he did for Watergate instead of just a one off story.

Curious what the right would think of that? Would they take the reporters seriously, or parrot Trump's "fake news" 'failing New York Times" bullshit like they do every other time something damaging comes out?
The news networks don't really do investigative journalism. The majority of what they do is moderate "debates" between political pundits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT