ADVERTISEMENT

Will elected Republicans realize why more people are voting Republican?

Gonolz

HR Legend
Aug 6, 2002
I don't think they will. They will stupidly say that more people are voting Republican because they want to give the Republicans a mandate on all of their platform. The truth is that voting changes happen because independent people are unhappy with the performance of the party in power, so they vote for the other party. Democrats made the same mistake with last election. Democrats won not because more people were supporting some of their terrible policies, but because people were unhappy with the Republicans and the Trump idiocy. ... and the wheels on the bus go round and round.

I don't think they will. They will stupidly say that more people are voting Republican because they want to give the Republicans a mandate on all of their platform. The truth is that voting changes happen because independent people are unhappy with the performance of the party in power, so they vote for the other party. Democrats made the same mistake with last election. Democrats won not because more people were supporting some of their terrible policies, but because people were unhappy with the Republicans and the Trump idiocy. ... and the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Exactly right.

The GOP House will likely do stupid ass stuff like impeach old Joe, and hold hearings on Hunter.

Exactly right.

The GOP House will likely do stupid ass stuff like impeach old Joe, and hold hearings on Hunter.
Yes, it is sickening that each party wants to spend a vast amount of time investigating and trying to impeach or convict political opponents. They are all kind of dirty, but using investigations and impeachment as political tools is ridiculous.
I guess asking that they focus on implementing good reasonable laws is too much.

Yep. Much like how Joe "won" because people hated Trump, Rs will now win because nobody likes what the D's are doing, not because independents like the Rs.

What they need to do is pass good legislation and make Joe veto it, that's how you win 2024, it ls NOT with congressional hearings and chasing after political opponents.

I tend to agree with OP, they aren't any smarter than Ds in this regard.

What are you talking about? My state senator has promised to fight inflation.

It sounds like you are all conceding that the Republican Party has no actual solutions….lol. It reminds me of an interview John Boehner did a handful of years ago when no longer serving and he was asked about a Republican plan for a healthcare plan to replace Obamacare….he simply laughed and said there is no plan.

Happens every election. One party has a good election, thumps their chests and declares how the people have spoken and how this will clearly be the trend forever. 1-2 elections later, that party loses big-time and the other party does the same thing. I find it quite amusing.

Reactions: Gonolz and NI hawk
It sounds like you are all conceding that the Republican Party has no actual solutions….lol. It reminds me of an interview John Boehner did a handful of years ago when no longer serving and he was asked about a Republican plan for a healthcare plan to replace Obamacare….he simply laughed and said there is no plan.
I'm not conceding it, I'm asserting it.

Reactions: blhawk
If there's a takeaway for R's it's move away from Trump.

Kemp and DeSantis have been in his crosshairs and did just fine....more than fine.

Handpicked Trump candidates got smoked....for the most part.

Looks like the D's were smart to pump them up in the primaries...smart politically.

Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT