Will garza get 557 points

Will luka pass roy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

H4wkfan4life

HR Legend
Jan 1, 2016
And tie, or pass, marble?

Assuming he stays healthy, I'll say yes even with the shorter season and the extra scorer back. Will help that the b1g lost some quality bigs and I doubt anybody worked harder than luka did this off season.

Reactions: Torg
I voted no, but if Iowa can get to the National Championship game, that's an additional 6 games against non Big Ten teams. Luka has a chance to have a field day against those teams because of the short period between games to game prep against the juggernaut of Luka's offensive repertoire.

Reactions: Torg
I think he averages 21 this year. That would be 26.5 games. Hope the kid has 3+ thirty pointers this year. Iowa is due for a run, and all the accolades that come with.

The team will want him to get it. He will be fed the ball. I guarantee they are all aware where he sits. My vote was yes, but barely.

For some perspective, he scored 740 last year in 31 games. Assuming we get all the games in (not a bunch of cancellations), that is a 27 game schedule, but I would hope between conference tournament and NCAA tournament there would at least be several more. I wouldn't be shocked if his average per game dips a bit with all of the depth, but I think he gets 557. With a deep tournament run, he may blow by that by some margin.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Afraid he won't get in enough games (covid )and we are going to spread the ball around more to take some pressure off all the double teams he is going to see

Reactions: CAhawki
I voted no. Mostly due to the fact I have no idea how many games he will play. I’m assuming some games will get cancelled.
Safe assumption. NC Central is already shutting down until this Sunday due to a positive test. Iowa may not even play its first game of the year.

Only if we play the full complement of 27 regular season games and a couple in the NCAA's, AND he stays healthy throughout the season. I doubt he can match his stats from last season, but hopefully that's because JoeW regains his shooting eye and CJF and JBo stay heathy and productive.

Yeah, I voted yes, because I'm extremely optimistic that Operation WarpSpeed, with now
2 Vaccines ready to be unleashed, is going to have us winning this war with the #WuhanFlu much sooner than
many expect.

#GoHawks

If it was a regular year, Gazilla would CRUSH that number.

Garzilla is going to crush gonzaga, too, btw.

Reactions: 1inamillion
Yeah, I voted yes, because I'm extremely optimistic that Operation WarpSpeed, with now
2 Vaccines ready to be unleashed, is going to have us winning this war with the #WuhanFlu much sooner than
many expect.

#GoHawks

If it was a regular year, Gazilla would CRUSH that number.

Garzilla is going to crush gonzaga, too, btw.
If we get cancelled he'll just have to come back one more time and really destroy the record

Gonna be close with the shortened season. Any cancellations will probably leave him short. He is the first option, but there are a hell of lot of pretty good options on this team.

Assuming he stays healthy, I'll say yes even with the shorter season and the extra scorer back. Will help that the b1g lost some quality bigs and I doubt anybody worked harder than luka did this off season.
Does a bear shit in the woods ? GO HAWKS !

Does a bear shit in the woods ? GO HAWKS !

a27f51afbe69576d9efe983c4ce9d08d.jpg

I voted no because of uncertainty of number of games. I think iowa plays around 23/24 games in regular season. I highly doubt there is a conference tournament. Then between 2-6 games in ncaa tournament.

Anyone know if this schedule is updated? I see Iowa with 18 conference games and 24 overall. I saw Michigan St has 20 Conference games and 27 overall. I could be hallucinating.

Anyone know if this schedule is updated? I see Iowa with 18 conference games and 24 overall. I saw Michigan St has 20 Conference games and 27 overall. I could be hallucinating.

Esecpn doesn't have time for a top 5 team like us ;)

Reactions: Jan Itor
Reduced schedule, likely some cancelled games, probably no Big Ten or NCAA tournaments,... I don't see how he gets there...

I dont really see why there's a presumption that there will be a bunch of games played this season with no conference tournaments or NCAA tournament. After cancelling last year, I'm pretty sure the NCAA and the major conferences are going to be taking a hell-or-high-water approach unless they're absolutely cornered into no other option. While it's true these kids wont and shouldn't be getting the vaccine before March, I think we should be optimistic about seeing vaccines start to lower case numbers, further evolution of treatments, and more effective testing in the next few months.

Safe assumption. NC Central is already shutting down until this Sunday due to a positive test. Iowa may not even play its first game of the year.

The N.C. Central basketball team has left for Iowa and a pair of games to start the 2020-21 season, NCCU sports information director Kyle Serba said Monday.
Serba confirmed Friday that the defending MEAC champions had a positive COVID-19 test that resulted in a pause in the team’s preseason work. Serba said the team would hold a basketball practice Monday after it arrives in Iowa.
The Eagles open the season Wednesday against Iowa in a 4 p.m. game televised by the Big Ten Network. NCCU plays Southern on Thanksgiving Day, also at Iowa’s Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/article247373354.html#storylink=cpy

Hopefully just the one player is positive...

Would be more than willing to pass on this first game, in spite of how badly we are all looking forward to it, if it means not mixing it up with a covid ridden team.

He won't bc games will get canceled so he should use the extra year winter sports are granted and come back to break it next year (JoBo should come back as well).

Reactions: silasstarr
It's hard to see for me, because I don't know that I see him playing as many minutes per game as he did, and with the additional depth the team should not be leaning on him like they did last year down the stretch.

Honest (2-part) question: has Iowa ever had a player avg 20 ppg in multiple season? how many times has it ever happened in all of college hoops?

I could easily see him dropping to 18 ppg or so. Still great mind you, but off that pace that he would need.

Btw, I've never posted something that I would love to be proven wrong more on.

It's hard to see for me, because I don't know that I see him playing as many minutes per game as he did, and with the additional depth the team should not be leaning on him like they did last year down the stretch.

Honest (2-part) question: has Iowa ever had a player avg 20 ppg in multiple season? how many times has it ever happened in all of college hoops?

I could easily see him dropping to 18 ppg or so. Still great mind you, but off that pace that he would need.

Btw, I've never posted something that I would love to be proven wrong more on.
He won't play as often. However teams better keep careful with cjf and jbo out there ready to make it rain

Reactions: sober_teacher
I dont really see why there's a presumption that there will be a bunch of games played this season with no conference tournaments or NCAA tournament. After cancelling last year, I'm pretty sure the NCAA and the major conferences are going to be taking a hell-or-high-water approach unless they're absolutely cornered into no other option. While it's true these kids wont and shouldn't be getting the vaccine before March, I think we should be optimistic about seeing vaccines start to lower case numbers, further evolution of treatments, and more effective testing in the next few months.
Because of $$$ will these athletes get the new corona shots before other groups? If they do then maybe there will be the NCAA tournament??

When he (most likely) will score 10% of that in one game, I like the guy's chances of matching or eclipsing 557 points this season.

Reactions: lonewolf52
So he had 26 and now 41 for 67. 557-67= 490. If we played 25 more games he would only have to average 19.6 the rest of the way. Additionally, I feel he will have a few more games in which he absolutely goes crazy on scoring to lower that average requirement.

Oddly enough he did worse last year in non-con scoring than he did in Big Ten games. It seems he is a man on a mission to start this season. He may be able to have a few more feast games intermingled with 20 point efforts against the big dogs to shrink that number before conference season starts.

By January 1? Probably not. By February 1, probably.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT