ADVERTISEMENT

Will Garza's scoring record be broken in our lifetimes?

hawk_a_holic

HB Legend
Aug 21, 2001
And for most of us I think it is no. Maybe for a 20 year old watching it go down 50 years from now? The NCAA over time could add games and some kid who loves Iowa like Luka did could theoretically come around (never thought Megan's record could ever be touched but then comes Clark except they have current rules keeping them there 4 years so that could fall). I don't see Luka's record falling in my lifetime (I am 45) for sure. I think he still is our face of Mount Rushmore despite him not getting as far as Lester or Marble did. For as awesome as they were, they were not 1st team AA's 2 years in a row, BIG POY 2 years in a row, likely National POY (as well as last year by most publications). Garza is going to be forever the benchmark in terms of stats and place in history. Gonna miss 55.

EDIT: Remember, Luka got 127 games. Lots of the best were 135 plus career games. Luka still has less career games than Roy Marble. In the pandemic, Luka lost maybe 4 to 5 last year (BIG Tournament and NCAA) and the 4 pre-season games with the schedule shortened to 6. Let's just say he lost 7 career games due to the pandemic that would have had him at 2474 points. That would have been 3rd all time in the BIG 10.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News