ADVERTISEMENT

Will Iowa get past ISU this year?

I thought the same thing. Iowa won ten games in 2019 and won three straight bowl games. ISU won nine games last year in their best season ever. Is MesaClown actually Paul Clark? He spooged publicly about Iowa's demise and ISU's ascension fifteen years ago. Didn't quite work out that way.
Paul Clark is your typical isu fan. Ignore reality and hope and pray your delusions come to fruition. But as you said it hasn’t for the last 15 years and I go back to when isu fans were crowing in 2001 how they were over taking Iowa with their last 9 win season. 20 years and guess what Iowa is still top dog. isu has flashes in the pan and fires and hires a new coach and the natives are convinced the new savior is different.

For some odd reason clone fans don’t want to talk about that but instead they want us to fully buy into their delusions of grandeur and get down right pissy when they are even questioned.

I thought it was a five game winning streak. Could be wrong though. I like Iowa's chances but all streaks come to an end. After many years one day Lou Gehrig didn't play in a baseball game.

It should be a fun and exciting game to watch. Hopefully fans on both sides show sportsmanship after the game, even if it gets heated at times.
I hope the Iowa band can leave this time without getting assaulted, regardless of which way they exit the stadium.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Paul Clark is your typical isu fan. Ignore reality and hope and pray your delusions come to fruition. But as you said it hasn’t for the last 15 years and I go back to when isu fans were crowing in 2001 how they were over taking Iowa with their last 9 win season. 20 years and guess what Iowa is still top dog. isu has flashes in the pan and fires and hires a new coach and the natives are convinced the new savior is different.

For some odd reason clone fans don’t want to talk about that but instead they want us to fully buy into their delusions of grandeur and get down right pissy when they are even questioned.

Don't know Paul Clark...heard of him as the Rivals guy.

Where your narrative (I'll be generous and not call it a panicked rant) falls apart is that Matt Campbell IS different. Savior is a big word, more like a Bill Snyder sort of program builder. There is no measure by which Campbell can be called a flash in the pan...he's had great success everywhere he's gone and you underestimate him at your own peril. I can't vouch for people's reactions 15 or 20 years ago...but if you think what's happening under Campbell is precedented at Iowa State, you are simply very wrong.

Where your narrative (I'll be generous and not call it a panicked rant) falls apart is that Matt Campbell IS different. Savior is a big word, more like a Bill Snyder sort of program builder. There is no measure by which Campbell can be called a flash in the pan...he's had great success everywhere he's gone and you underestimate him at your own peril. I can't vouch for people's reactions 15 or 20 years ago...but if you think what's happening under Campbell is precedented at Iowa State, you are simply very wrong.
You say he is different but how is he different? I heard the same thing about Mac 20 years ago. The only difference was Mac actually had recruiting classes ranked higher than KF. Not so much with the newest savior.

Sure he had a top ten season but who knows if a pandemic will help him in the future the way it did last season .

Last edited:
Reactions: ThisHawks4u
You say he is different but how is he different? I heard the same thing about Mac 20 years ago. The only difference was Mac actually had recruiting classes ranked higher than KF. Not so much with the newest savior.

Sure he had a top ten season but who know if a pandemic will help him in the future the way it did last season .
He has had better success than Mac. Campbell has only had one losing season as a coach and that was his first year at ISU. Just admit the guy is a good coach and stop acting like Cytwins.

I hope the Iowa band can leave this time without getting assaulted, regardless of which way they exit the stadium.

All those tavern Clones can't hold their alcohol well. Too much drinky drinky. And I don't know if they still can, but Jamie used to let them go out at half time for more drinky drinky and then come back in.

He has had better success than Mac. Campbell has only had one losing season as a coach and that was his first year at ISU. Just admit the guy is a good coach and stop acting like Cytwins.
I never said he wasn’t a good coach. He is a good coach.

What I haven’t seen yet is any evidence that isu is going to replace Iowa as the best program in the state. isu fans keep saying this is going to occur but they have been saying that for the last 20 years and nothing has really changed.

Oh and if I was like CyTwins I would have 80,000 posts.

Maybe they will wear their cartoonish Bugle helmets from a few years back.
I personally enjoyed the Ronald McDonald uniforms:
iowa-state-gold-football-uniform.jpg

All those tavern Clones can't hold their alcohol well. Too much drinky drinky. And I don't know if they still can, but Jamie used to let them go out at half time for more drinky drinky and then come back in.
Iowa used to allow it, too, prior to 9/11. Not sure if they ever opened this back up. Anyone know? Can you get out and back in?

Iowa used to allow it, too, prior to 9/11. Not sure if they ever opened this back up. Anyone know? Can you get out and back in?
No once you leave Kinnick you can’t re-enter unless you have an unused ticket.

You are correct. Before 9/11 you could. Most if not all schools stopped allowing it after 9/11. Iowa has kept it that way to this day. ISU went back to allowing re-entry. I have no idea if, or what other schools started allowing fans to re-enter again.

Truth is, it’s probably a bit of a headache, and Iowa found an excuse to stop allowing it.

You are correct. Before 9/11 you could. Most if not all schools stopped allowing it after 9/11. Iowa has kept it that way to this day. ISU went back to allowing re-entry. I have no idea if, or what other schools started allowing fans to re-enter again.

Truth is, it’s probably a bit of a headache, and Iowa found an excuse to stop allowing it.
We used to go to the Melrose Market and get a roast turkey sandwich and big cans of Fosters, then walk Melrose. Made for a nice full day.

Reactions: rchawk

ISU still allows re-entry, last time I checked. The parking and stadium access situation at Trice makes it less a hassle than it would be at Kinnick, I would imagine.

ISU still allows re-entry, last time I checked. The parking and stadium access situation at Trice makes it less a hassle than it would be at Kinnick, I would imagine.
We’ve done it several times to grab a drink and a bratwurst when with a large group that had a tent right outside or to grab extra clothing. It’s 20 minutes minimum turnaround even with no wait well staffed electronic ticket scanning. Not worth it to me in most cases with the car 3/4 the way to Hilton.

We’ve done it several times to grab a drink and a bratwurst when with a large group that had a tent right outside or to grab extra clothing. It’s 20 minutes minimum turnaround even with no wait well staffed electronic ticket scanning. Not worth it to me in most cases with the car 3/4 the way to Hilton.

The last Iowa game it was the Wild West after they cleared the stadium the last time. There were people with half opened cases of beer they carried back in sitting at their feet. Lol

Yet Hawkeye nation comes to Ames in full force that weekend just to say they were within 100 yards of the stadium.

I get it. I saw Olivia Newton John in her prime in Hilton in about 1984, and it was pretty damn cool to be about 40 yards away from a goddess like her.

So, I understand the fascination. It's o.k. to think we're cool.
Wow! You're about as goofy as they come! Go to your own page & spark the delusion! You talk about our fascination yet your dumbass is on our site? We don't want your bullshit over here clown boy!

Last edited:
Look...we get it. Iowa fans feel threatened. Not surprising, really...though a little sad to watch it manifested throughout this thread. One program, ISU, is ascendant after long years of bad football. Another program, in decline after...likewise...many years of a strong football program. The lines of ascent and decline are intersecting now and Iowa fans can feel it...so they are acting out. Herky fan embodies that fear. Its understandable he would cling to citing the days when Iowa was ascendant and ISU a laughing stock...and he's not wrong. That was certainly the case. This is made all the more poignant as the ascendant ISU moves parallel to Iowa on its rise to being the leading football program in the region...and to an extent NU, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri and Northwestern fans are feeling that same angst (albeit to a lesser extent).

The problem is...fear makes you irrational and desperate sounding Herky....you protesteth too much, as they say. But no worries...after a few decades of ISU as top dog the tides of time will likely swing back in your direction...nor is it likely Iowa falls to the level ISU endured through most of our football history. But make no mistake, ISU is the rising power...and that rise is at its beginning and you feel threatened with good reason.
Please explain yourself here about how Iowa is on the decline. 53 wins over the last 6 years & only played 8 games in 2021. 11th nationally in winning percentage over that time. 3 straight bowl wins. One of 5 programs with multiple players drafted in the top 60 over the last 3 years. Our recruiting has steadily improved the last 5 years with arguably our best class in 2021. Should I go on?

Reactions: kceasthawk
Wow! You're about as goofy as they come! Go to your own page & spark the delusion! You talk about our fascination yet your dumbass is on our site? We don't want your bullshit over here clown boy!
Isu fans are very sensitive when the term “clowns” is used. It really bothers them and somehow they find a way to walk around with such thin skin and avoid serious injury .

it is quite a feat really . There must be a required class at isu on how the pull this off because all isu fans really lose it when ever they see “clowns” posted in a message. It is some kind of dog whistle for them.

So please I beg of you, refrain from using such an “insult” to isu fans in the future. We don’t want anyone going postal over it.

Last edited:

Mesa - I think MC is a very good coach who has definitely raised the bar. And seems like a genuine guy. I was totally wrong when I thought he would jump. He may be KF in terms of putting the roots down. And I think they will be really, really good this year. They will lose some studs after this year but from what I have seen MC is able to take kids that are underrated for whatever reason and develop them into really good players. Trust me, I would prefer to see him out of Ames. And I have said numerous times, guys like Kolar, Downing, Rose, Purdy, etc. seem like good kids. And Hall is probably the best back in the country. I have had some issues with a few people on CF, but the ISU fans I know which are a lot are fun to banter with. Anyway, good luck this year.

Please explain yourself here about how Iowa is on the decline. 53 wins over the last 6 years & only played 8 games in 2021. 11th nationally in winning percentage over that time. 3 straight bowl wins. One of 5 programs with multiple players drafted in the top 60 over the last 3 years. Our recruiting has steadily improved the last 5 years with arguably our best class in 2021. Should I go on?
I think saying Iowa is on the decline is hard to justify. Saying ISU is ascending is hard to deny.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
I think saying Iowa is on the decline is hard to justify. Saying ISU is ascending is hard to deny.
I never said shit about isu one way or the other. It was said that Iowa is on a decline which is absolutely absurd quite the opposite actually

Look...we get it. Iowa fans feel threatened. Not surprising, really...though a little sad to watch it manifested throughout this thread. One program, ISU, is ascendant after long years of bad football. Another program, in decline after...likewise...many years of a strong football program. The lines of ascent and decline are intersecting now and Iowa fans can feel it...so they are acting out. Herky fan embodies that fear. Its understandable he would cling to citing the days when Iowa was ascendant and ISU a laughing stock...and he's not wrong. That was certainly the case. This is made all the more poignant as the ascendant ISU moves parallel to Iowa on its rise to being the leading football program in the region...and to an extent NU, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri and Northwestern fans are feeling that same angst (albeit to a lesser extent).

The problem is...fear makes you irrational and desperate sounding Herky....you protesteth too much, as they say. But no worries...after a few decades of ISU as top dog the tides of time will likely swing back in your direction...nor is it likely Iowa falls to the level ISU endured through most of our football history. But make no mistake, ISU is the rising power...and that rise is at its beginning and you feel threatened with good reason.
Lol, what a load of crap. While Iswho should have an above average team this year, the following year they will be a 500 team again.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Iowa...for example...has more revenue advantage over Clemson than ISU (see ACC football revenues...less than the Big 12). Money is part of the equation...but only part. As for facilites...you're just wrong there...but that's an endless tedious argument so believe as you will.

As I said, your intensity and drama...smells of fear. Can't say I blame ya.
ISU facilities are simply not as good as Iowa’s.

We should be seeing game times getting set for many games by the end of May. Will be interesting to see what game time is set for this one. Assume we will know this one sooner rather than not until the 12 day window deal.

We should be seeing game times getting set for many games by the end of May. Will be interesting to see what game time is set for this one. Assume we will know this one sooner rather than not until the 12 day window deal.

Probably. It will be interesting what time slot gets selected. Both teams will be pre-season top 20 minimum, both teams likely higher. Iowa has a tough opener with Indiana, but if both teams are undefeated a lot of attention will be on the game.

Probably not 11 a.m. kick in my opinion. Which means that is the time it will end up at.

Probably. It will be interesting what time slot gets selected. Both teams will be pre-season top 20 minimum, both teams likely higher. Iowa has a tough opener with Indiana, but if both teams are undefeated a lot of attention will be on the game.

Probably not 11 a.m. kick in my opinion. Which means that is the time it will end up at.
So the game being in Ames means it is under the Big 12 Contract. My guess is that will dictate where it gets slotted. Not sure if there are other big games in the conference or not. If Iowa-isu is the biggest game it would be on Fox at the 11:00am central slot as that is where they have their biggest games each week.

I love how the Oregon cracks stopped immediately after that school ended your Final 4 aspirations.
Again with the tangents. Did we play the football team with the worst record ever for a conference champion in the NCAA tourney? Or was that you clowns. Oh sorry, my bad, you guys couldn't get within mile of even sniffing the NCAA tourney could you?

My 2 cents. Probably gonna piss off both Iowa and ISU fans which means it is objective. I think ISU is better this year. In Ames. And Iowa will have just played a top 15 team in a conference game. We will see about Indy but if they beat Iowa would probably be the highest rated team ISU would have played besides Okie. I believe ISU is really good with a great coach, but if Iowa comes in as the hunted I like our chances. Iowa 31-27. Now will say ISU could run away.

I care a lot more about them beating indy(and every other B1G team on the schedule) than isu.

B1G wins are ALWAYS of more importance.

If they can pick up another win over the 'clones to make it six in a row, then great. If not, meh.

LOL, LOL! Seriously, Iowa is in decline. Please keep fueling your delusion. IF, the clowns win in Sept, IF, it will be short lived in the series. Iowa has stepped up recruiting the last several years and you have some serious butt kicking coming in the next few years.....

ADVERTISEMENT