ADVERTISEMENT

Will Iowa get past ISU this year?

Quite accurate as well. Still consider those 6 opponents?
Don’t be a fool. The hawks have played OSU twice in the last 10 years and 8x in the last 20 years. OSU joined the B10 in 1912, so you are really stepping out there with your statement since the B12 wasn’t formed until 1995 with TCU & WVU joining ten years ago. For those keeping score at home, that is 4 Texas schools and WVU becoming members in the last 26 years.

Of the 9 other teams in the Big 12 ISU has played 6 of their ‘opponents’ fewer times than Iowa has played O$U.

And now for 5 straight seasons, ISU will play each of our conference opponents once (and the premier team twice last year), while Iowa dabbles in Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska...and skips Ohio State.

But I get it...in a 173 team conference, just can't play everyone each season.

It's got to be exciting as a ticket holder looking at your schedule each year...

Or not.

Got it. I have posted many things crass and otherwise. Much of which I am not proud of and quite frankly is embarrassing. But as they say, once posted it is out there (and ending the sentence improperly but I assume you will get past it). I don’t like Twins for what he has done but that is his job to drive traffic. I simply didn’t like my family involved. But water over the dam. And I don’t have a legacy or shouldn’t at least. Was simply asking why you picked me since based on what you said haven’t posted in the basketball thread in quite some time I don’t think.
All good. No hard feelings here. This is message board banter.

Absolutely consider them an opponent. They have played 26 times since Hayden came to Iowa. You do remember ISU only played OU 7 times when there were actually 12 teams in the Big 12, don't you? How did you fare in those seven btw?
They killed us...as if you didn't know. ;)

And now for 5 straight seasons, ISU will play each of our conference opponents once (and the premier team twice last year), while Iowa dabbles in Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska...and skips Ohio State.

It's got to be exciting as a ticket holder looking at your schedule each year...

Or not.
5 whole years? Impressive. If only Iowa had a streak that long….. maybe even a winning streak against an in state rival….. or does that not qualify when establishing criteria?

Or not.
Bragging because other schools left your conference is essentially what you are doing. lol

Is this a Cyclone Fanatic forum? Lol. Lots of hard core clones. This game is big for both teams. For Iowa, it's an embarrassment to lose and for Isu, they want to win just so darn bad.

Reactions: HerkyFan
:)

Is-it-over-yet-1-1-300x225.jpg

Yep, I posted exactly what I know and provided backup straight from the source.
So you consider a 4 star a flop if they don't make the first 3 rounds of the NFL? That is baffling, coming from a fan of a school that has no idea what a top 3 round draft pick looks like. I'd guess most ISU fans don't think Lazard was a flop.

All the people complaining about Cyclone Trolls wouldn't have that issue if they'd man up and pay for a membership.

I assume you're all for free speech. Well, let me correct myself. Half of you are for free speech, those on the Left want censored speech.

For those half of you, you sure hate hearing a dissenting view on a free board open to everyone to comment.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_bb9wlf9kj42py
All the people complaining about Cyclone Trolls wouldn't have that issue if they'd man up and pay for a membership.

I assume you're all for free speech. Well, let me correct myself. Half of you are for free speech, those on the Left want censored speech.

For those half of you, you sure hate hearing a dissenting view on a free board open to everyone to comment.
Clown fans troll because it is all they have. If they could actually beat Iowa on a consistent basis in any sport but women’s volleyball or cross-country then they could point to results instead of delusions.

Must suck to be a clown fan always trying to find a way to be on the same level as big bro Iowa.

Last edited:

I have no issue with you Rail. May disagree with some of your takes. But these are message boards.

Reactions: CyRail
Yeah, like the Big 12 didn't want one of their conferences pillars. lol

Oh, we wanted them. But you got them.

Not sure who's better off.

I seriously think they belong in the Big 12...it would be better for them, for the Big 12, and they're not doing the Big 10 any good.

Another dumbass that doesn't understand what free speech is.

Or not.

You guys would have 14 teams, too, except no major school wants to be part of that sorry-ass conference. You might want to steal four MAC teams. That would probably make the conference more respectable.

You guys would have 14 teams, too, except no major school wants to be part of that sorry-ass conference. You might want to steal four MAC teams. That would probably make the conference more respectable.
In fairness they should steal from the Sunbelt Conference. I mean Louisiana and Coastal Carolina had their way with the Big 12 last year.

In fairness they should steal from the Sunbelt Conference. I mean Louisiana and Coastal Carolina had their way with the Big 12 last year.

Hkfan, you know darn well every year teams from the Sunbelt, MAC, C USA, etc beat P5 teams. How many times have MAC teams beaten Big 10 teams over the years?

It would be a pretty dull football world if those games were played and the underdogs never won.

And, as has been said, ISU had 34 (?) players out with COVID up until a week before the season, and ULL went 10-1 last year. It's not hard to fathom things going south in that scenario.

Hkfan, you know darn well every year teams from the Sunbelt, MAC, C USA, etc beat P5 teams. How many times have MAC teams beaten Big 10 teams over the years?

It would be a pretty dull football world if those games were played and the underdogs never won.

And, as has been said, ISU had 34 (?) players out with COVID up until a week before the season, and ULL went 10-1 last year. It's not hard to fathom things going south in that scenario.
You know damn well that every year a team from the Sun Belt puts a 17 point beat down on a P5 fake “Regular Season Champion”.

Reactions: grayhair81

Totally agree was only saying based on last year the Sun Belt would be the conference to poach teams from. That was all.

Clown fans troll because it is all they have. If they could actually beat Iowa on a consistent basis in any sport but women’s volleyball or cross-country then they could point to results instead of delusions.

Must suck to be a clown fan always trying to find a way to be on the same level as big bro Iowa.
We have a top 10 football team and just won a NY6 bowl. We’ve been looking down at “big bro Iowa” for a few years now. Enjoy your coach’s twilight years.

We have a top 10 football team and just won a NY6 bowl. We’ve been looking down at “big bro Iowa” for a few years now. Enjoy your coach’s twilight years.
What years have the clowns been looking down on Big Bro Iowa? Years as in plural. Yep the clowns were so mighty that they took a 17 point beat down from a team in the Sun Belt conference.

Yikes as the leader of the isu fan base would say.

My source says crybaby Jamie Pollard is so impressed with how Ashley Jones father carries himself that he is going to make him a deputy AD in charge of molding and guiding the isu 5 Star Culture.

They are two peas in pod and perfect for each other.

Sure as hell hope Mother Nature cooperates this year.

One stupid rule--have to wait ___ (30?) minutes after last lightning....and only then warmups start.

Two years ago, after the second stoppage, the skies quickly cleared, completely sunny...and we're sitting there staring at an empty field.

Common sense couldn't be applied.

Reactions: rchawk
Sure as hell hope Mother Nature cooperates this year.

One stupid rule--have to wait ___ (30?) minutes after last lightning....and only then warmups start.

Two years ago, after the second stoppage, the skies quickly cleared, completely sunny...and we're sitting there staring at an empty field.

Common sense couldn't be applied.

SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cannot question science.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. That is all we ever hear out of you guys.

And if we all went over and began posting on CYFan in their football forum about how great Iowa is, how do you think we would be received?

The thing about clown fans is they are fine labeling KF a racist while ignoring the racist and homophobe Bill Fennelly. I mean crybaby Jamie had to settle and payoff the lawsuit against him. KF was dismissed from Iowa’s lawsuit without paying a penny.

Would love for a clown fan to tell us they are sure BF was accused wrongly while the Judge dismissing the case against KF was wrong as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT