ADVERTISEMENT

Will Keegan Murray Return to Iowa for 22/23 Season?

Will he be on our roster next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can take it anyway you want too. I guess it's different now a days, now it's all about the money, loyalty is thrown out the window. I get it, 1 and doners is a way of life for many that go to blue blood institutions. Hell, teams like Gonzaga, Baylor, and the like, they don't have to recruit, they just open their doors and the best recruits seem to just walk in and replace the freshly departed.
I have no idea if Kenyon contacted Fran or visa versa, but Iowa was one of the first colleges to offer them when very few did and basically after 1 year of extended play, they could be gone and from all indications it appears very likely. Good for them and I'm sure they'll be very successful.
For Iowa basketball, it's a way of life to have to start over every year, if I seem bitter, I guess I am. It's my fault that I was brought up being a Hawkeye fan and continued to endure disappointment after disappointment. Maybe this will be my last year to give a crap. We'll see.
To* if your grammar was better your argument might sound like it came from someone with more than two brain cells.

Thank you for the words on KnK! They makes us proud on their character (basketball aside)!!
Speaking of character little story friend of ours works weekend at a local restaurant/bar not in the ped mall not too long ago. Once in awhile get an athlete or a coach who public recognizes. Anyways said one murray boy was in (asked which one wasn’t for sure ) couldn’t have been nicer or polite to her as a server but also to few people Childern and adults who came up to him and person he was eating with. Again said sometimes get a recognizable local figure be it athlete, adults, coaches, news people etc, who to put it nicely act entitled. Said he was exact opposite of that by far one of the nicer ones she’s interacted with.

stuff like this always remind me of what Muhammad Ali said in a documentary. He said he could tell a lot of a persons true character on how they treated people like waitresses and hotel staff when they thought no one was looking. because almost everyone around him was always kissing his butt and that was a good way to judge someones true character he said.

I voted no but think he should. Don't think he is quite ready for the NBA. Don't know what they do with NBA bench players when the play almost every night. He could work on his game and improve better with another year.
You think he'll improve more playing against college level talent rather than playing against NBA caliber players every day?

He's far better and more prepared for the NBA than Weiskamp was and Weezy is doing quite well.

Keegan is a first rounder. No reason to return to Iowa.

Keegan is most likely gone. I wonder if Kris will go through the NBA evaluation like Weiskamp did and come back to work on certain aspects of his game.

Interesting that you would ask me that. No we don't "need". So we have to be struggling for money before our children chase their dream? Not sure I am following. Plenty of players have left early to pursue a professional careers and their families weren't "struggling". Are you speaking as a parent or a fan? Golfers, tennis players, baseball players, etc have for years left when they felt it was the right decision. So, if your son was a player and was projected as a 1st round pick, you would tell him to come back because your family wasn't "struggling" financially?? I have two degrees, my wife is a certified Radiology Tech and currently works in auditing at UIHC. KnK took college classes in HS and are numerous credits ahead of where they should be and Keegan has been on the honor roll ever semester at Iowa. We have a daughter who is 4.1 GPA and is looking at the Ivy league for college. Even our adopted son, who struggled in HS has one BA and is working on a BS/MA simultaneously. So to say that we don't value education (staying in school) is absurd!! My kid's dream is JUST THAT, HIS DREAM. My job as a parent is to support his decision. I would ask that you view this as a parent and not a fan. College is a stepping stone for anyone to figure out what they want their career to be. Doesn't matter if it is as an accountant, physician or professional athlete.
Well said.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
You think he'll improve more playing against college level talent rather than playing against NBA caliber players every day?

He's far better and more prepared for the NBA than Weiskamp was and Weezy is doing quite well.

Keegan is a first rounder. No reason to return to Iowa.
Weezy is hanging in there and let’s leave it at that. Hopefully he can continue to improve and carve out a solid niche and career.

If Connor and jblow by some miracle are finally both gone next year I can see him coming back. Especially if somehow Fran finally realizes both Keegan and Kris should be starting, I think we could see him back. I could actually see both Keegan and Kris leave before seeing just Keegan leaving.
Let’s let Keegan and Kris live their own lives and make their own informed decisions.

lets just enjoy him and his brother while they are here. I think sometimes we as fans forget that these young men and women are human just like us, the only difference is they are really good at a certain sport. We need to support them no matter what their decision is.

What's painfully obvious is that there are some knuckle-dragger posters. You just have to ignore some of them.

Keegan will get drafted after this season and be welcomed back to finish his degrees when he wishes. I suspect that Kris will do the same after next season if he hasn't already graduated by the end of the year. Both look to be successful on and off the court. Great young men!

Interesting that you would ask me that. No we don't "need". So we have to be struggling for money before our children chase their dream? Not sure I am following. Plenty of players have left early to pursue a professional careers and their families weren't "struggling". Are you speaking as a parent or a fan? Golfers, tennis players, baseball players, etc have for years left when they felt it was the right decision. So, if your son was a player and was projected as a 1st round pick, you would tell him to come back because your family wasn't "struggling" financially?? I have two degrees, my wife is a certified Radiology Tech and currently works in auditing at UIHC. KnK took college classes in HS and are numerous credits ahead of where they should be and Keegan has been on the honor roll ever semester at Iowa. We have a daughter who is 4.1 GPA and is looking at the Ivy league for college. Even our adopted son, who struggled in HS has one BA and is working on a BS/MA simultaneously. So to say that we don't value education (staying in school) is absurd!! My kid's dream is JUST THAT, HIS DREAM. My job as a parent is to support his decision. I would ask that you view this as a parent and not a fan. College is a stepping stone for anyone to figure out what they want their career to be. Doesn't matter if it is as an accountant, physician or professional athlete.
Uh, your job as a parent is to hire a hit squad to surround the campus and not allow him back...until he and his teammates cut down more nets! 🤣

Hard to believe some butthole fans are arguing, debating with the father of a player on whether his son should return to school or sign a multi-million dollar pro contract!

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Hard to believe some butthole fans are arguing, debating with the father of a player on whether his son should return to school or sign a multi-million dollar pro contract!

Kids are making millions going to school

ADVERTISEMENT