ADVERTISEMENT

Will Marc Rardin be the next Hawkeye Baseball Coach?

Arbitr8

HR Legend
May 13, 2009
Lewis Township
Coach Rardin’s Iowa Western successes just didn’t start this past 3 years. The Iowa Western baseball program has been winning and winning big under Coach Rardin since his first season on the job. Rardins teams have averaged nearly 46 wins per season and have a record of 458 wins to only 143 loses in his 10 year stint; that is an amazing .762 winning percentage. In that same 10 year period the Reivers have also accumulated 222 wins to only 32 loses in regular season conference and conference tournament play. This is a record setting .874 winning percentage in conference play. To further describe the level of success under Coach Rardin is to describe the post season numbers. Rardin has coached in 88 postseason games in 10 years. In those 88 games the Reivers have won 64 and only lost 22. That is a postseason winning percentage of .744%. Off the field, Coach Rardin has had just as much success and development of the Iowa Western Baseball program as he has had on the field with the student/athletes. Since Rardin’s arrival the program has made tremendous strides in roster size, budgets, facilities and staff members.
This post was edited on 5/25 4:19 PM by Arbitr8

Winning baseball

Maybe. I would say either he or Heller with Mitch Thompson a very outside possibility. Heller probably should have been the choice when Jack was hired. I thought that at the time.

What Marc has done at IWCC is nothing short of amazing.

This post was edited on 5/25 4:19 PM by bubbfan

This post was edited on 5/25 4:23 PM by bubbfan

Originally posted by Arbitr8:

Coach Rardin's Iowa Western successes just didn't start this past 3 years. The Iowa Western baseball program has been winning and winning big under Coach Rardin since his first season on the job. Rardins teams have averaged nearly 46 wins per season and have a record of 458 wins to only 143 loses in his 10 year stint; that is an amazing .762 winning percentage. In that same 10 year period the Reivers have also accumulated 222 wins to only 32 loses in regular season conference and conference tournament play. This is a record setting .874 winning percentage in conference play. To further describe the level of success under Coach Rardin is to describe the post season numbers. Rardin has coached in 88 postseason games in 10 years. In those 88 games the Reivers have won 64 and only lost 22. That is a postseason winning percentage of .744%. Off the field, Coach Rardin has had just as much success and development of the Iowa Western Baseball program as he has had on the field with the student/athletes. Since Rardin's arrival the program has made tremendous strides in roster size, budgets, facilities and staff members.

Iowa needs to upgrade the facilities, IWCC has better facilities than Iowa right now.

Coach Rardin's Iowa Western successes just didn't start this past 3 years. The Iowa Western baseball program has been winning and winning big under Coach Rardin since his first season on the job. Rardins teams have averaged nearly 46 wins per season and have a record of 458 wins to only 143 loses in his 10 year stint; that is an amazing .762 winning percentage. In that same 10 year period the Reivers have also accumulated 222 wins to only 32 loses in regular season conference and conference tournament play. This is a record setting .874 winning percentage in conference play. To further describe the level of success under Coach Rardin is to describe the post season numbers. Rardin has coached in 88 postseason games in 10 years. In those 88 games the Reivers have won 64 and only lost 22. That is a postseason winning percentage of .744%. Off the field, Coach Rardin has had just as much success and development of the Iowa Western Baseball program as he has had on the field with the student/athletes. Since Rardin's arrival the program has made tremendous strides in roster size, budgets, facilities and staff members.

Iowa needs to upgrade the facilities, IWCC has better facilities than Iowa right now.
Rardin is not making the money at IW right now that he would at Iowa. On top of this, landing a head coaching job in the Big 10 does trump coaching at the JUCO level he's at right now.

Rardin has easily the most accomplished resume of any application Barta will receive for this job both on and off the field with his athletes, and he has as many if not more connections around the country and within MLB than any other candidate as well. I'm biased on this, but Iowa would not find a better candidate for this job than Marc Rardin. Problem is Barta and the University Administration look down their collective noses at the JUCO level and apparently have made stupid ass comments that they don't fit the culture of the University. I submit to any of you who openly support Coach Rardin to take a quick look for Mr. Barta's email and drop him a note asking for an explanation on why we would ever limit our candidate pool for coaching vacancies by making comments like that, and let him know of support for Coach Rardin.

I would suggest that Rice, University of New Mexico, and UNLV are really glad they did not have that attitude toward JUCO coaches. I'm sure their are others. All three of those schools programs were in the toilet when they hired a JUCO coach.

The "attitude"displayed by Barta and the Athletic Dept is the reason we are last in overall athletics in the BIG!!A couple more losing seasons in FB and the issue will resolve itself.BTW I am all for Rardin as the next BB coach but for God's sake give him some support.Worst facilities in the Big!!I seem to remember a speach a resently hired AD made about "all"sports at Iowa being championship caliber!!Laughable!!

If an elitist school like Rice could hire Wayne Graham a veteran JUCO coach who at age 55 or so had never coached anything besides juco or hs and be successful, why does Iowa think its better than that..

I used to announce a college summer league in Houston where Graham was frequently at the games. In talking to him Rice was his last shot at a Division I job. It worked out pretty good for rice. CWS championship and a new stadium.

Originally posted by broth87:

Rardin has easily the most accomplished resume of any application Barta will receive for this job both on and off the field with his athletes, and he has as many if not more connections around the country and within MLB than any other candidate as well. I'm biased on this, but Iowa would not find a better candidate for this job than Marc Rardin. Problem is Barta and the University Administration look down their collective noses at the JUCO level and apparently have made stupid ass comments that they don't fit the culture of the University. I submit to any of you who openly support Coach Rardin to take a quick look for Mr. Barta's email and drop him a note asking for an explanation on why we would ever limit our candidate pool for coaching vacancies by making comments like that, and let him know of support for Coach Rardin.

The last hire wasn't made based on best resume so hopefully they will correct that this time around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT