ADVERTISEMENT

Will Phil Steele choose Iowa to win the West?

Campbell at Iowa would be something fun to watch. He’d recruit the hell outta it here. Not fair to compare what he’s done at that dump in Ames vs the luxury of coaching in Iowa City. He’ll move on from there soon enough. He’s a heck of a good young coach.
What would be so special about coaching in iowa city vs ames?
I find it hard to believe most kids give a crap about either one unless they're iowa kids.....

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
I didn't read the article so I'm assuming Steele emphasized the value of Martinez on offense and assumed a substantial improvement on the defense side.

Not convinced that Nebraska's defense will improve as substantially as Steele's forecast but I don't see how they can be worse than last year either. Also, Martinez is indeed one of the most dangerous playmakers in the B10 but questions still remain about the consistency of the OL, especially Center.

Wisconsin suffered quite a bit of attrition - I think they fade this year. Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska are my top contenders in the B10W
Agree, Nebraska will be greatly improved. All signs out of spring ball was that the D is the most improved unit and consistently beat the offense. So does that mean the offense is taking a step back or that the D increased greatly. I also think Wisc will be down. I see them finishing 3rd or 4 in the West this year. It will be a dog fight between Neb, Iowa and MN for the west

Agree, Nebraska will be greatly improved. All signs out of spring ball was that the D is the most improved unit and consistently beat the offense. So does that mean the offense is taking a step back or that the D increased greatly. I also think Wisc will be down. I see them finishing 3rd or 4 in the West this year. It will be a dog fight between Neb, Iowa and MN for the west

Minnesota won't ever do anything. They will step on their dick at some point and we will have to listen to Fleck explain why it's not him and this is only year zero again.

You had 4 or 5 future 1st Round Draft Picks starting, and you couldn't win a division won by a Northwestern team which allowed more points than they scored.

No coach in America did less with more.

Northwestern did not allow more points than it scored last season, neither for the overall season nor Big Ten games.

Northwestern did not allow more points than it scored last season, neither for the overall season nor Big Ten games.

giphy.gif

Reactions: grayhair81
ADVERTISEMENT