ADVERTISEMENT

Will the 'experts in the media' pick NEB next year?

IowaNiceHawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
May 2, 2016
St Donatus, IA
LOL............but, remember folks, in August/September, coming out of
BIG10 media days, the all knowing, experts in the College Football media gave
Little Debbie the most votes to win the BIG10 West in 2019.

Just thought we needed a laugh, this Thursday, after the
Hawkeyes finished at 10-3 and ranked in the Top 15, while the vaunted
Cornholers played in ____________ bowl.

Ok, I've forgotten already.......what lower level bowl did they play in?

:D

The BTN guys were enamored with them also.

anytime I watched they all said the predictions of them winning were too soon....

https://www.omaha.com/sports/colleg...cle_ac59a85c-8a7f-575b-a867-16ff54454662.html

you must be thinking of someone else? :confused:

Yeah the BTN folks were pretty measured. Way more so than the Big 10 media members (voting Nebraska first, wow) and the national punditry. The BTN crew is positive about every team (they aren't going to crap on teams in the conference) but they try to be a bit realistic.

The BTN crew is the only group who gets to see all the teams in camp, so they can compare where teams are actually at.

Reactions: H4wkfan4life

Toilet bowl?

I don’t think anyone is going to be too high on Netra5hka when you look at their 2020 schedule, especially last five games...at tOSU (L), Penn State (L), at Iowa (L), at Wisconsin (L), Minnesota (L).

Their first seven games are much more manageable with Purdue (?), CMU (W), SDSU (W), Cincinnati (?), at NW (?), IL (?), then a bye week before at RU (W). I could see 3 to 7 wins to start the season but based off of the last few years, 3-4, 4-3, or 5-2 is a more likely outcome so they will need to steal one vs the last five opponents list above. Yikes. Four straight losing seasons at Netra5hka.

I don’t think anyone is going to be too high on Netra5hka when you look at their 2020 schedule, especially last five games...at tOSU (L), Penn State (L), at Iowa (L), at Wisconsin (L), Minnesota (L).

Their first seven games are much more manageable with Purdue (?), CMU (W), SDSU (W), Cincinnati (?), at NW (?), IL (?), then a bye week before at RU (W). I could see 3 to 7 wins to start the season but based off of the last few years, 3-4, 4-3, or 5-2 is a more likely outcome so they will need to steal one vs the last five opponents list above. Yikes. Four straight losing seasons at Netra5hka.
The Nubbers will win 3 conference games—book it! It’s like death, taxes and the sun rising in the east. I can’t remember the last time they didn’t. Now, which 3 is the question? That’s tough cause they’ll probably be dogs in most of them. I’m gonna say Rutgers, Northwestern, and then a huge upset at home over Illinois...

Reactions: WestIAHawk

braska fans will be quite annoying half way through the season.

thankfully they'll disappear by the end!

that is my prediction.

lil sis..... 4 or 5 wins, no bowl for deb.

Purdue beat them last year with their 3rd string QB and no Rondale Moore. So I could easily see them winning again. Cincy I wouldn't surprised to see them favored in this game even in Lincoln. They finished top 20 and 2nd highest ranked non power 5 team last year and return a lot of players. 15 starters in all with 9 back on the defensive side. Unlike Nebby they are in all the pre season top 25 polls for next year already.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
The pundits liked Nebraska in 2019 due to their schedule.

Their 2020 schedule is really tough. Purdue opener. Central Michigan and SDSU are not cupcakes and should battle them. Then 11-3 Cincinnati comes in and has a very good chance of beating them.

After they barely start 2-2, they get NW, Illinois and Rutgers in a row. They can win 2 or even 3 there.

But they close with at OSU, PSU, at Iowa, at Wisky, Minnesota.

They'll be lucky to make a bowl game next year.

1- Death, taxes and the blue bloods being ranked to start the year. How many times has Texas, ND, etc... been way overrated when it is all said and done?

2- 5 win teams will probably be in bowls now.

tenor.gif

Reactions: iafan44
Even if everything breaks their way, with another year of development, I think Nebraska has a ceiling of 8 wins. 6-6 regular season is where I have them most likely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT