Will there be a season?

• Yes

Votes: 103 38.3%
  • No

Votes: 98 36.4%
  • Yes but shortened

Votes: 68 25.3%

• Total voters
I'd check my notes again if I were you. We have 120K dead in 3 months. About 750 Americans still die every day. The county I live in Wisconsin is spiking. Yesterday we officially moved from 'high' to 'severe' risk of spread.
it will spread, IT IS A VIRUS. protect the vulneable diseased and get back to living in a world with virus, disease and many causes of sickness and death. the needs, wants and joys of life must go on. if you fear illness, injury and death, SIP with your mask and hope death doesn't find you.

it will spread, IT IS A VIRUS. protect the vulneable diseased and get back to living in a world with virus, disease and many causes of sickness and death. the needs, wants and joys of life must go on. if you fear illness, injury and death, SIP with your mask and hope death doesn't find you.

Not sure why you're replying to me and I can't quite make out all of your word salad, but ok?? Duh, it's virus and yeah it spreads...quickly. Look at what it's done in just a short amount of time, and that's with a lot of the world shut down. I agree we have to get back to some normalcy. I'm always interested in how people suggest to protect the "vulneable". How would you do it? Actually, never mind. Since you seen to mock wearing a mask, I probably don't care. A mask takes literally less than 5 seconds to put on. It's the least we could do, but some people can't even do that.

8%2Bbakl%2B-%2Bvery%2Bdoubtful.jpg

I'd check my notes again if I were you. We have 120K dead in 3 months. About 750 Americans still die every day. The county I live in Wisconsin is spiking. Yesterday we officially moved from 'high' to 'severe' risk of spread.

I am just watching the raw numbers across the US. And hospitalizations. Also the increases are coming in hot weather states, so the sun and heat and not doing much to stop/end it.

But some here said it is “just the flu” or “just a virus”! Yeah...right.
Don’t see “the flu” spiking now.

Not sure why you're replying to me and I can't quite make out all of your word salad, but ok?? Duh, it's virus and yeah it spreads...quickly. Look at what it's done in just a short amount of time, and that's with a lot of the world shut down. I agree we have to get back to some normalcy. I'm always interested in how people suggest to protect the "vulneable". How would you do it? Actually, never mind. Since you seen to mock wearing a mask, I probably don't care. A mask takes literally less than 5 seconds to put on. It's the least we could do, but some people can't even do that.

There is no scientific data that proves wearing a mask reduces covid spread. The medical experts, the WHO, Fauci, US Surgeon General all informed the American people that masks are “not effective in preventing the general public from catching coronavirus”.. Masks are a fashion statement these days and nothing else. They prevent oxygen from entering the body and keep carbon dioxide from leaving the body. Keep a social distance from people and wash your hands. See you in Kinnick!

There is no scientific data that proves wearing a mask reduces covid spread. The medical experts, the WHO, Fauci, US Surgeon General all informed the American people that masks are “not effective in preventing the general public from catching coronavirus”.. Masks are a fashion statement these days and nothing else. They prevent oxygen from entering the body and keep carbon dioxide from leaving the body. Keep a social distance from people and wash your hands. See you in Kinnick!

Masks keep droplets we expel from traveling further than they would without out a mask. Like covering our mouth when we cough or sneeze.

I hope we are in Kinnick this fall and Carver this winter. This bball season could be special. Fingers crossed!!

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Need herd immunity from the student athletes before season starts. Believe it or not, Clemson having 23 players contract covid is a positive for them... get it now, get the immunity before the season starts - not during the season.

Need herd immunity from the student athletes before season starts. Believe it or not, Clemson having 23 players contract covid is a positive for them... get it now, get the immunity before the season starts - not during the season.

So far there hasnt been a lot of immunity developed at this juncture. They have tested those who have been exposed and those who were symptomatic and its not showing up like it should. Those that have built up some immunity it doesnt last very long.

I look for the early OOC games to get cancelled to give us more time.

Reactions: BettDogs7
I think the teams with the best amounts of depth will obviously do well. We all know there will be positive tests, and those players will have 2 week quarantines. So if you have a bunch of starters that can't play for a minimum of 2 weeks you better have some talented back ups.

I was pretty optimistic there for a while a few weeks ago that Americans would be intelligent and responsible and we would have a somewhat Normal fall.

that has all changed, I am very doubtful there are any sports this fall. Might get NBA for a bit this summer briefly.

Reactions: Bee93
How many times can you do this before it becomes a problem ?

let’s say there is still no vaccine next season...

going to have rosters with 6 years worth of players in the 2022 season? Exactly who is paying for all the scholarships when you have zero revenue ?

Hell, the Fed will just give out another trillion or so of I money. We have already added 6 trillion to the federal debt this year-what is one more? No one has dedicated a single word to how or who is paying back the "stimulus" payout.

Hell, the Fed will just give out another trillion or so of I money. We have already added 6 trillion to the federal debt this year-what is one more? No one has dedicated a single word to how or who is paying back the "stimulus" payout.
Heck, no one is even allowed to discuss WHO got bailed out....

its already spreading fast....wait till you see how many will have to require quarantine. Then again...we won’t stand for that.
So.....I hate to say it but will be surprised if we have a season.
If all players are regularly tested too many will have to quarantine and or isolate. I hope I am wrong but it is already happening.

Could you please find a cliff to jump off of:mad:

Reactions: And1Hawk
its already spreading fast....wait till you see how many will have to require quarantine. Then again...we won’t stand for that.
So.....I hate to say it but will be surprised if we have a season.
If all players are regularly tested too many will have to quarantine and or isolate. I hope I am wrong but it is already happening.

You do realize that testing just shows that they have just been exposed to the virus??? Do you realize that 98.9% of those who are exposed wont get sick or be symptomatic?

So WTF is the panic all about?

I'm guessing there will be a modified season of some sort. Seems doubtful there will be large crowds there yelling at the top of their lungs.

Here is the true answer. Mark my words, if and when Joe Biden becomes President you will be amazed of all the date that they will come up with to open things up and bring life back to normal. This was at first all about public safety but now it's about power and orange man bad. So my vote it will be a shortened football season.

Here is the true answer. Mark my words, if and when Joe Biden becomes President you will be amazed of all the date that they will come up with to open things up and bring life back to normal. This was at first all about public safety but now it's about power and orange man bad. So my vote it will be a shortened football season.

Sleepy joe will not be president

Meanwhile around 1,800 die each day due to heart disease. Just to put things into perspective even though it’s counter to the fear machine that’s back in full force.

The ones that can afford to will not being paying, although they'll gladly take most of it.

The sheep in this country don't seem to mind that though lol.

Reactions: Bee93
This

Reactions: TheRealHerky
But some here said it is “just the flu” or “just a virus”! Yeah...right.
Don’t see “the flu” spiking now.

You don't see the "Flu" spiking now because there is no "Flu" anymore. It's ALL Covid 19. Fall out of a tree? Covid 19. Car Wreck? Covid 19. Parachute failed? Covid 19.

Reactions: yrunvs
I think if there is a season, it should just be a 9 game big ten season with an asterisks. Unfortunately we're going to see a lot of people on the bench week in and week out when they contract it and can't play.

Here is a secret. Lots of college kids will get Covid if football is played or not played. My guess is football isn’t a factor at all. Well actually, more will get it without football is my guess. Way more time on their hands.

Reactions: kceasthawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT