ADVERTISEMENT

Will There EVER Be a GOP Health Care Plan?

health insurance was state by state also on individual basis until obama came around. he literally sold a plan as an unlicensed agent and all 50 states' insurance departments should have fined him. or at least the red states.

yes. health insurance is regulated in each state. to sell a plan it must be approved in each state. group or individual, although group plans do have certain fed laws that cross state lines. but still, a licensed agent in that state must be licensed to sell a plan. obama went out selling a plan and he was not licensed. he invented a plan and sold it. and he had united health and blackstone group contribute to his campaign and he favored them.

I am licensed in TX. right now i have no other state licenses but have had in the past. if I were to go to louisiana and start selling i could be fined. at the time in 2010 when obama sold his plan, i looked online in tx and he was not licensed. probably still is not.

Employers will pay what the market requires for the skills. With more freedom of movement wages are likely to go up to keep people in their jobs (there are big costs for turnover) and to attract. But that wasn't the question.

Why does it make sense for health insurance to be supplied by employers?

Should everyone be covered by health insurance or have access to healthcare? Even if their employers don't pay for it?
I am all for a better system and a cheaper system. All I want is math to convince me that is what indeed I will get.

is it too much to ask for the following.....
1. Providers will have to accept insurance payment as full payment. No ability to bill patient above and beyond.

2. combination of payroll tax that employer matches. Would like somebody to tell me what percentage would be necessary.

3. National sales tax to get the poors to actually pay something.

4. lardass tax taken out of your check or welfare. Weigh in once a year. If you are fat as shit you don’t get the money back.

certainly something so easy should be able to be written out clear as crystal.

we don’t get that. We get “should be able to charge less”. “Employers should give the money to employees”.

I am all for a better system and a cheaper system. All I want is math to convince me that is what indeed I will get.

is it too much to ask for the following.....
1. Providers will have to accept insurance payment as full payment. No ability to bill patient above and beyond.

2. combination of payroll tax that employer matches. Would like somebody to tell me what percentage would be necessary.

3. National sales tax to get the poors to actually pay something.

4. lardass tax taken out of your check or welfare. Weigh in once a year. If you are fat as shit you don’t get the money back.

certainly something so easy should be able to be written out clear as crystal.

we don’t get that. We get “should be able to charge less”. “Employers should give the money to employees”.
Why won't you answer the questions asked?

Why won't you answer the questions asked?
I like what I have. I will take something better if you show me the math.

that’s my answer. I don’t give a shit if you like it or accept it as the answer to your question.

I can’t change the steps in history that got us to the point of employer subsidized healthcare. I sure as hell am not going to just accept paying more to satisfy some people’s “it’s the principle of the thing”. If you got something cheaper prove it. That is all most of America is asking.

I like what I have. I will take something better if you show me the math.

that’s my answer. I don’t give a shit if you like it or accept it as the answer to your question.

I can’t change the steps in history that got us to the point of employer subsidized healthcare. I sure as hell am not going to just accept paying more to satisfy some people’s “it’s the principle of the thing”. If you got something cheaper prove it. That is all most of America is asking.
Well, at least you addressed the questions even if you refuse to answer them.

I was going to say "I wonder why" but then I thought about it and am pretty sure I know.

Be specific. What part of the Constitution did the mandate violate? Does the mandate to have auto insurance if you own a car violate it too?
Have you been living under a rock or willfully ignorant? In 2017 a bill passed that lowered the penalty(so called tax) to zero. With that in place Congress no longer had authority under the Constitution to require forced insurance coverage. Therefore the mandate was rendered unconstitutional. I'm confident you knew all this; but just wanted to be a jackass.

Well, at least you addressed the questions even if you refuse to answer them.

I was going to say "I wonder why" but then I thought about it and am pretty sure I know.
Why can’t you prove I will save money by showing the math?

are you moving the goal posts or just too stupid?

seems to me it shouldn’t be difficult it it’s so obvious. Maybe somebody smart on the Medicare for all side can help you and show us the math. You obviously don’t have the mental capability.

4 pages and no tax rates or math. Shocking.

Have you been living under a rock or willfully ignorant? In 2017 a bill passed that lowered the penalty(so called tax) to zero. With that in place Congress no longer had authority under the Constitution to require forced insurance coverage. Therefore the mandate was rendered unconstitutional.

LOLWUT?

A change in a law doesn't retroactively mean something is unconstitutional.
Is alcohol still illegal, because of the 18th Amendment?

Reactions: RileyHawk
Have you been living under a rock or willfully ignorant? In 2017 a bill passed that lowered the penalty(so called tax) to zero. With that in place Congress no longer had authority under the Constitution to require forced insurance coverage. Therefore the mandate was rendered unconstitutional. I'm confident you knew all this; but just wanted to be a jackass.
No - that's not correct. The bill passed undercut the mandate but it didn't render it unconstitutional. That's not the way it works.

Why can’t you prove I will save money by showing the math?

are you moving the goal posts or just too stupid?

seems to me it shouldn’t be difficult it it’s so obvious. Maybe somebody smart on the Medicare for all side can help you and show us the math. You obviously don’t have the mental capability.

4 pages and no tax rates or math. Shocking.
GFY - I asked you some questions that you refuse to answer. It's obvious why.

There will be no "math" until we can decide who should be covered - everyone or just those that can afford it.

No - that's not correct. The bill passed undercut the mandate but it didn't render it unconstitutional. That's not the way it works.
The US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit says you are incorrect; but I will let you do the research.

What question?
FFS - I'll try one more time.

Should everyone be covered by health insurance or have access to healthcare? Even if their employers don't pay for it?

This is the biggest misstep in US public healthcare history.

This has been the cause, imo, for why people are so reluctant to try something different. Because for most people, the full costs of their healthcare plans are hidden. It also ties people to their employers, especially in smaller cities and towns where options are more limited.

This has been the cause, imo, for why people are so reluctant to try something different. Because for most people, the full costs of their healthcare plans are hidden. It also ties people to their employers, especially in smaller cities and towns where options are more limited.
Agreed. And noted that Run&Blade is nowhere to be found.

Reactions: Joes Place

Yep. And when 2 people are working, they don't recognize that it means the other person is underpaid by about $11-15k.

Reactions: srams21
Agreed. And noted that Run&Blade is nowhere to be found.
Doesn’t matter it’s where we are at today.

like I said show me the math. If you can prove I will save money I am on board.

unless you force providers to take less money you are all full of shit. That’s math BTW. Savings = cheaper not somebody else pays.

Yes. I don’t keep reading threads over and over.

the reason we have no reform is because Nobody will force people to take less money.

this horse is beat dead.

Last edited:
Doesn’t matter it’s where we are at today.

like I said show me the math. If you can prove I will save money I am on board.

unless you force providers to take less money you are all full of shit. That’s math BTW. Savings = cheaper not somebody else pays.

Yes. I don’t keep reading threads over and over.

the reason we have no reform is because Nobody will force people to take less money.

this horse is beat dead.
This defines the selfishness of the right.

This defines the selfishness of the right.
That’s the way this always goes. Dig deep enough into the bullshit and it isn’t about cheaper healthcare. It’s about paying for others that choose to not work.

I can drive by industrial parks in almost all cities and see jobs posted that absolutely include healthcare benefits.

thank you for proving it isn’t about cheaper healthcare.

That’s the way this always goes. Dig deep enough into the bullshit and it isn’t about cheaper healthcare. It’s about paying for others that choose to not work.

I can drive by industrial parks in almost all cities and see jobs posted that absolutely include healthcare benefits.

thank you for proving it isn’t about cheaper healthcare.
Why is it about "cheaper" healthcare rather than "better"?

Because all you care about is you.

My Dad is 82. He farmed for 40 years and worked road construction for 40 years. He paid in for EIGHTY years. He would be out there doing physical labor this afternoon, if he could.

I know times are tough, but could we please continue to fund his healthcare?

Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT