ADVERTISEMENT

Will you go if you can? IOWA had sold 40,000 football Season Tix, incl those going to students.

I was on the fence for renewing this year anyway (due to a few different financial factors), but the whole Covid-19 uncertainty made my decision for me. I will still attend all home games allowed this year (and in the future), but will just buy single game tickets from the University, scalp, or buy tickets on the secondary market from now on. I had season tickets for 21 years that I just gave up :(.

As you know, we pushed back the renewal date from March 29 to May 29 and added additional payment plans. We have updated our refund policy to reflect credit or refunds in the event of a modified/canceled season, and assured any season ticket holder that is not comfortable renewing for the 2020 season that we will keep their season ticket priority in place for next season.

If there is after thought you can still get in next year without losing your priority it seems.

As you know, we pushed back the renewal date from March 29 to May 29 and added additional payment plans. We have updated our refund policy to reflect credit or refunds in the event of a modified/canceled season, and assured any season ticket holder that is not comfortable renewing for the 2020 season that we will keep their season ticket priority in place for next season.

If there is after thought you can still get in next year without losing your priority it seems.
Ticket Upgrade info.

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW

EZyA88jXkAQjeCq

i guess 17,000 is better than nothing

So at best a season ticket holder might be able to go to 2 to 3 games. Assuming quite a few would just ask for refund or credit though too. So my guess would be 3 games for those really wanting to go. And probably some lotto process to select. Assume they will have people go in and select or rank which ones they wish to go to.

If the asshats in California and New York spent more on respirators and n95 masks instead of giving free shit to illegals they would have been ready.

Thanks for the insight. But I wouldn't mind seeing your evidence.

On the other hand, had the dictator-in-chief acted two weeks earlier, experts estimate at least 54,000 people who died from COVID-19 would still be alive. And, of course, multiple objective reports, including admissions from the White House itself, reveal that the feds were totally unprepared for what most people--from George W. Bush to Obama--knew was coming.

BTW: There are no "illegal" human beings, only ones who may not have immigration documents. And without those folks toiling in the fields all over this country, your food supply would be decimated. Unless you and your friends want to go dig potatoes and harvest other fruit and vegetables for a couple bucks a day....

Reactions: nelly02

On the other hand, had the dictator-in-chief acted two weeks earlier, experts estimate at least 54,000 people who died from COVID-19 would still be alive. And, of course, multiple objective reports, including admissions from the White House itself, reveal that the feds were totally unprepared for what most people--from George W. Bush to Obama--knew was coming.

BTW: There are no "illegal" human beings, only ones who may not have immigration documents. And without those folks toiling in the fields all over this country, your food supply would be decimated. Unless you and your friends want to go dig potatoes and harvest other fruit and vegetables for a couple bucks a day....

I seem to recall him getting lambasted for the China travel ban. If the predecessors knew this was coming why hadn't they started vaccine development? They dropped development of anything related to SARs or MERs. Funny how the whole world never saw this coming and was not prepared.

You should also go back and look at statements being made on Twitter and video by the NY Governor and NYC Mayor in the first couple weeks of March. Go on out kids have fun they said, no problems.

I seem to recall him getting lambasted for the China travel ban. If the predecessors knew this was coming why hadn't they started vaccine development? They dropped development of anything related to SARs or MERs. Funny how the whole world never saw this coming and was not prepared.

You should also go back and look at statements being made on Twitter and video by the NY Governor and NYC Mayor in the first couple weeks of March. Go on out kids have fun they said, no problems.

WHO also told him it was unnecessary. Fact

Reactions: GolfHacker1
How do you protect them, hold the employees hostage and not allow them to leave? What can she tell about what's happening to the kids? Nice to hear she doesn't care about adequate protection for her co-workers....
you don't send covid patients to the nursing homes for treatment!! new york for example, minny also, apparently

Lots of morons in this country, wouldn't matter. I'll agree trumpy is one of them though ;)

PS I love food from the garden...

Not sure why anyone would cap their sale of football tickets. Those who want to go will go, those who do not won’t go. You can protest in massive groups with no distancing all day but you can’t choose to attend a football game??? Let people decide for themselves!

[QUOTE="And1Hawk, post: 7852194, member: 15436"]Not sure why anyone would cap their sale of football tickets. Those who want to go will go, those who do not won’t go. You can protest in massive groups with no distancing all day but you can’t choose to attend a football game??? Let people decide for themselves![/QUOTE]

Social distancing.

Not sure why anyone would cap their sale of football tickets. Those who want to go will go, those who do not won’t go. You can protest in massive groups with no distancing all day but you can’t choose to attend a football game??? Let people decide for themselves!

maybe...just maybe....because they now see that it will be impossible to have a season and shutting off ticket sales makes it easier to refund or whatever they want to do with those that have already bought tics for this season.

[QUOTE="And1Hawk, post: 7852194, member: 15436"]Not sure why anyone would cap their sale of football tickets. Those who want to go will go, those who do not won’t go. You can protest in massive groups with no distancing all day but you can’t choose to attend a football game??? Let people decide for themselves!

Social distancing.[/QUOTE]

I forget there was social distancing when protesting :eek:

Social distancing.

I forget there was social distancing when protesting :eek:[/QUOTE]

Well if they wont stop them for rioting and looting social distancing didnt have a chance.

I talked to the ticket office. There goal is to TRY and get as many season ticket holders in the stadium as possible.

Reactions: And1Hawk
Even at half capacity, you are not remotely social distancing. You'd still have 4 people within 3 feet of you.

BTW, if those lacking documents would have gotten them as they are legally supposed to there would be no discussion.
You may want to spend some time reflecting on who is dictating things in this country because you arr clearly confused.

If you bought season tickets, you only get a refund /credit for ticket price. Any donation required for that said ticket isn’t refundable, read the fine print. That money is used for player scholarships which continues whether or not a season is played.

Every school is in the same position. More season ticket holders then will be able to attend. B1G is capping attendance at 25% of stadium capacity per team to start, well if there is a start.

If you bought season tickets, you only get a refund /credit for ticket price. Any donation required for that said ticket isn’t refundable, read the fine print. That money is used for player scholarships which continues whether or not a season is played.

Every school is in the same position. More season ticket holders then will be able to attend. B1G is capping attendance at 25% of stadium capacity per team to start, well if there is a start.
Usually that's true, but iowa already issued a statement saying donations would be refunded if that ticket holder doesnt receive tickets

Fact is you cant charge money for product not received. If purchasing tickets requires a donation and you dont receive tickets its all refundable.

I do know some who are going to get refunds for the tickets but going to allow the ADept
to keep the donation.

Fact is you cant charge money for product not received. If purchasing tickets requires a donation and you dont receive tickets its all refundable.

I do know some who are going to get refunds for the tickets but going to allow the ADept
to keep the donation.
I plan to let the donation stand “IF” they let me change the fund allocated. The current government made per seat contributions not tax deductible and not eligible for most corporate matching gifts. I plan to change donation fund to maximize dollars to university.

Reactions: Bizon73
My guess would be if they "socially distant" seating and you are in your seats with your group (maybe only 1 other person) that they will not require mask to be worn. When up and about the cabin you will have to wear said mask then. This would allow one to eat and drink while in their seats.

The biggest problem is logistics in seat assignments. If you want to give 24 inches of space or however narrow a seat is, you need 1 empty seat per person when each empty is 1/4th your, neighbor, front and back. Even two people together need 2 1/2 seats empty. 3 people together actually require 4 1/2 seats as their share of empty. So bigger groups get worse unless you extremely carefully jigsaw groups of same sizes. However, 24 inches is 1/3 current guidelines. On top of that, how many people stayed in their assigned space normally. Students previously pack capacity into 1/2 their section.

So you really need to assign 1/3 seats to get even close to 36 inches spacing. This multiplies empties by 2x. At that point, you are moving top donors from 40 yard line to end zone since only 25k capacity.

Socially distancing stadium for proper spacing is much worse than restaurants and ends up closer to 25% model.

The biggest problem is logistics in seat assignments. If you want to give 24 inches of space or however narrow a seat is, you need 1 empty seat per person when each empty is 1/4th your, neighbor, front and back. Even two people together need 2 1/2 seats empty. 3 people together actually require 4 1/2 seats as their share of empty. So bigger groups get worse unless you extremely carefully jigsaw groups of same sizes. However, 24 inches is 1/3 current guidelines. On top of that, how many people stayed in their assigned space normally. Students previously pack capacity into 1/2 their section.

So you really need to assign 1/3 seats to get even close to 36 inches spacing. This multiplies empties by 2x. At that point, you are moving top donors from 40 yard line to end zone since only 25k capacity.

Socially distancing stadium for proper spacing is much worse than restaurants and ends up closer to 25% model.

My guess is 15k to 17k per game and if the first one or two go terrible they just shut the rest of the games out for attendance.

Home football games (for now) at Memorial Stadium this season will be limited to 20% capacity.

As you can see, the ILLINI should have no problem accommodating those who wish to attend games.

Reactions: QChawks
On June 22 it was reported that Iowa had sold about 40,000 football season tickets, including those going to students. So that's roughly 60% of Kinnick's capacity. Football ticket revenue is typically around $23 million at Iowa.

Now? 10,000-15,000 tix will be available, if we are lucky.

If you can get a hold of tickets this fall, will you go?

Last edited:
I will see what the covid trend is at that time. I will probably be able to make the last home game so thats a lot of time to see how things play out
if there is a season.

Reactions: Franisdaman
On June 22 it was reported that Iowa had sold about 40,000 football season tickets, including those going to students. So that's roughly 60% of Kinnick's capacity. Football ticket revenue is typically around $23 million at Iowa.

If you can get a hold of tickets this fall, will you go?
Hell yeah ! I'm ready to go now! I am an older Hawkeye fan, but being outdoors with 15,000 spread out in Kinnick doesn't worry me at all .Go Hawks!

I bring my boys back for one game a year usually towards the end of the season. Will I be able to buy someone’s season tickets off a 3rd party site? And how expensive will those get?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT