ADVERTISEMENT

Willy Wonka comes to life

lonestar50

HR All-American
Sep 3, 2007
ELIZABETHTOWN, Pa. (WHTM) – A rescue was prompted at the Mars M&M factory in Lancaster County after two people became stuck in a chocolate tank.

A Lancaster County 911 supervisor says the first victim was extricated from the tank at 3:10 p.m. and the second was out by 3:25 p.m. after both fell into the tank. The condition of both victims is unknown at this time.

It’s unclear if the tank was empty or contained chocolate at the time of the rescue.

The plant is known for making a variety of products, including M&Ms and Dove chocolate, and is located 12 miles from Hershey, Pennsylvania.

This is a developing story. Stay up to date on the latest from abc27 News on-air and on the go with the free abc27 Mobile app.

• Haha
Reactions: longliveCS40
Pics of rescued workers released

mms_red_and_yellow_1197.png

Last edited:
I grew up near Hershey. In the old days you could tour the actual chocolate factory. Every kid who ever took that tour, myself included, fantasized about jumping into the conching tanks.

Last edited:
I grew up near Hershey. In the old days you could tour the actual chocolate factory. Every kid who ever took that tour, myself included, fantasized about jumping into the conching tanks.
Feel the same way when I tour a brewery. Just let me dive in and try to drink my way out.

Reactions: Aardvark86
We’re you a Comet guy or a Super Dooper Looper guy?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT