ADVERTISEMENT

WIN magazine has Iowa pre-season ranked 10th.

Too many holes in the lineup. I see PSU/OSU/OkSt/Michigan/Nebraska/Missouri and ASU placing higher than Iowa.

I'll take the first four to place over Iowa. Missouri lost a lot of points. Nebby is in our situation...good but young and ASU might have two finalists in Hall and Valencia....they could get nothing. I really like that Michigan team...think they will move up to third. Another dark horse to medal is Rutgers with the addition of Suriano. I have resigned to watching individual match ups this year and if we medal, that will be good. For the next three years after, we will be contending.

If Brands pulls Lee's redshirt so the team can finish 5th instead of 7th, he should be fired.
Lee is the one pushing for it. I think wrestling has changed over the last decade or so. Kids coming out of hs are more advanced and better coached. I say wrestle true freshman if ready. You never know what is going to happen over the next 3 or 4 seasons. Times have changed.

As a PSU fan, that's exactly what I hope to see happen....
And as a Hawkeye fan, I'd like to see all your starters follow Suriano's lead and transfer out to a non-contender.
Neither of these will happen. If Brands pulls Lee's redshirt, it will be because Lee wants it and/or Brands thinks that it's best for Lee's development.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
LOL Which part are you sorry about?
cutting her loose from my FB friends. I thought you two were close - and the unfriend might be a big insult. I did not really know your sis back in the day - but I always thought she was nice - i just thought her political comments were too much for me to read everyday.

Time to clean house. The snowflake recruits these days are afraid of having to wrestle Iowa and TnT style. We need a phony f#*% like Tan Tom or Carl these days if we want to recruit.

Time to clean house. The snowflake recruits these days are afraid of having to wrestle Iowa and TnT style. We need a phony f#*% like Tan Tom or Carl these days if we want to recruit.
You mean the snowflake recruits like Retheford, Nolf, and Nickal? Or the ones like Tomasello, Jordan, and Snyder?

I assume you're joking anyway, SS, but the hard truth is that we're underdogs because we put ourselves in this position and we're exactly where we deserve to be given the decisions we've made. If we're serious about out-working our opponents, one place to start would've been to get on the phone with Aaron Brooks nine weeks ago, for example.

You get what you earn.

You mean the snowflake recruits like Retheford, Nolf, and Nickal? Or the ones like Tomasello, Jordan, and Snyder?

I assume you're joking anyway, SS, but the hard truth is that we're underdogs because we put ourselves in this position and we're exactly where we deserve to be given the decisions we've made. If we're serious about out-working our opponents, one place to start would've been to get on the phone with Aaron Brooks nine weeks ago, for example.

You get what you earn.

Dude. Really? Lol. That couldn't have been more clear. Look at the guy who posted it, for starters.

Lee is the one pushing for it. I think wrestling has changed over the last decade or so. Kids coming out of hs are more advanced and better coached. I say wrestle true freshman if ready. You never know what is going to happen over the next 3 or 4 seasons. Times have changed.

This is all true. However, he's coming off a torn ACL.

cutting her loose from my FB friends. I thought you two were close - and the unfriend might be a big insult. I did not really know your sis back in the day - but I always thought she was nice - i just thought her political comments were too much for me to read everyday.

Nope. That's news to me. I'm not on fb.

I've heard rumors of my siblings unfriending our mother for similar reasons but have no interest in the platform nor drama from the other babies of my momma.:eek::p

Btw, one of my favorite things about this forum is the lack of political junk (informally) tolerated by the general population.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: 24 so far
I like us as underdogs. Always have. Here's where TnT show us what they've got as coaches and recruiters.

I don't like it when we deserve to be underdogs. Tom has been here ten years, the last seven with his own recruits. I think he's already shown us what he has as a coach and recruiter.

This is a season to recruit and try to develop the young guys.

I see 75 points with PD, 59 without. It is what it is.

141 = 4
149 = 16
157 = 16
165 = 8
174 = 5
197 = 16
285 = 10

Unfortunately I think the 10 points at 285 are highly doubtful. He hasn't scored a point at nationals yet because he hasn't finished a season yet. With the injuries he's suffered its hard to bet on him making it to the end this year.

Agree. WIN has both Marinelli and Young ranked 16th, which is too low, imho. Likewise (assuming he stays healthy), Stoll would likely finish better than 8th. Downy not figured in, for now. Taking a "wait and see" on that. Iowa will be rebuilding next year, but should do better than 10th.

It does look like a 2 horse race, between PSU and tOSU, with PSU a pretty strong favorite. WIN's predicted AA's:

PSU - 1,1,1,1,1,5,7
tOSU - 1,1,2,2,2,3,7
Iowa - 2,3,8 yikes..... :(
Do not count out Michigan and Oklahoma State. I also do believe that Iowa has the potential to have a great year. All depends on how things shake out in the lower weights along with Young and Marinelli. I wold agree both of those are ranked to low. Both top 10 for sure I think. If Spencer Lee wrestles this year will also make a big difference. As always GO HAWKS.

Do not count out Michigan and Oklahoma State. I also do believe that Iowa has the potential to have a great year. All depends on how things shake out in the lower weights along with Young and Marinelli. I wold agree both of those are ranked to low. Both top 10 for sure I think. If Spencer Lee wrestles this year will also make a big difference. As always GO HAWKS.

Hope you're right, but I just don't see it. Going to get next to nothing in the first 3 weights. Probable that we miss AA status at 165/174/184 (Wilke), and can't count on anything for heavyweight after 2 knee injuries. This board is going to be an absolute wreck this year, with the potential of subpar performance, and the amount of new trolls from teams that now feel enlightened.

Hope you're right, but I just don't see it. Going to get next to nothing in the first 3 weights. Probable that we miss AA status at 165/174/184 (Wilke), and can't count on anything for heavyweight after 2 knee injuries. This board is going to be an absolute wreck this year, with the potential of subpar performance, and the amount of new trolls from teams that now feel enlightened.
I'd bet you $100 that we finish top 6. Proceeds go to HWC,

Inspite, I posted this in another thread on Saturday morning. I wanted to make sure that you saw it, so I bumped this one and replied directly to you. Nice tournament by the Hawks. Spencer is a handful to say the least! What a hammer. He should have 125 locked down for the next 3 years. Thing is, I believe that you would have won the bet even if Spencer's shirt had stayed on. Anyway, consider me paid up:

You donated $100.00 USD to Wrestling for Life
Thank you for using PayPal
Donation Details
Date: March 17, 2018 at 6:50:53 AM PDT
Transaction ID: 2WW47584RE0579627
Purpose: Wrestling For Life
Donation to: Wrestling for Life
Donation from: funkisfun12
Donation amount: $100.00 USD

Total amount of this transaction
$100.00 USD

Last edited:
They weren’t too bad of predictions other than Iowa and Okie St and to a lesser degree NC State.

Some salty saps out there whining that without Lee, Iowa finishes much worse. Lol

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Maybe next time, fellas, you'll get that worse finish you "dread" so much. Oh well.

:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT