ADVERTISEMENT

Windows 11 idiot noob .... I think?

HawkBall23

HB Legend
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2001
X (Twitter) links were working fine on the GIA forums before today - since started using new comp & Win11 (for first time) really late Tuesday night - and now all I get is the correct image box where the tweet would be but it just says "Twitter loading..." inside the image area when someone posts a X/Tweet link.

WTF happened or where did I go wrong somewhere??

Try in an incognito browser to see if it works fine. In Edge or Chrome press Ctrl + shift + n or in Firefox Ctrl + alt + p. If it works in incognito mode then you probably just need to clear your cache or remove a bad extension.

78dfb8c96f834bbbe0fa882d0f179e5ec28b3819fbd0e0126beac05af8c104f9.jpg

Try in an incognito browser to see if it works fine. In Edge or Chrome press Ctrl + shift + n or in Firefox Ctrl + alt + p. If it works in incognito mode then you probably just need to clear your cache or remove a bad extension.
Thanks @Moral.

It was a faulty Firefox extension causing the problem.

Reactions: Moral
Hey! It sounds like you've run into a frustrating issue with Twitter links on your new Windows 11 setup. Don't worry, you're not alone in these tech hiccups—I remember when I upgraded to Windows 11, I had a few bumps in the road too. One thing that might help is doing a windows 11 factory reset, like I did when I was sorting out my setup. It's like hitting a refresh button for your system, often smoothing out those quirky issues. Just make sure to back up anything important first!

Last edited:
Don't worry, you're not alone in these tech hiccups—I remember when I upgraded to Windows 11, I had a few bumps in the road too. One thing that might help is doing a factory reset, like I did when I was sorting out my setup. It's like hitting a refresh button for your system, often smoothing out those quirky issues. Just make sure to back up anything important first!

old-man-my-computer.gif

Reactions: HawkBall23
I switched to a crapintrash and run parallels desktop if I need to run Winbloze. Yes, the mac has its own issues but I'm all good with it. No more PC for this dude. Linux would be great and hell Mac basically runs BSD linux so it's a much more stable platform.

Stop being poor and get a Mac.
after hearing from everyone how macs are so damn fantastic i actually went mac 1-2 years ago. bought a studio but am now totally underwhelmed. i use my windows comps most of the time while the way more expensive mac sits. i love iphones and ipads but the mac is overrated. i'm sure the mac is better for heavy duty tasks but it provides a worse experience than windows for ordinary stuff like browsing internet and photos. it's super fast i give it that. i may be the only guy who feels this but there it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT