ADVERTISEMENT

Winnebago tribe gets some land back

lonestar50

HB All-American
Sep 3, 2007
Only took 50 years to give back land the federal government took under eminent domain. I wonder how long the government knew that land was never going to be developed.

giphy.gif

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
The Lakota tribe won’t take the two billion dollars they have from the government because they think they are getting Mt. Rushmore back at some point.

Guys it’s not happening, take the money and help your people.

At some point you get tired of blaming others and sitting in a pile of your own shit right?

Our country systematically screwed over the Native American population. Relocated them to shithole parts of the country with little water, little food resources, and little opportuniies. But we stocked them with booze. They were incentivized not to leave the reservations.

I'm sorry you don't understand, or care to understand. We still are screwing over tribes today with lack of water resources. I don't know what to write that would change your mind. Peace.

Our country systematically screwed over the Native American population. Relocated them to shithole parts of the country with little water, little food resources, and little opportuniies. But we stocked them with booze. They were incentivized not to leave the reservations.

I'm sorry you don't understand, or care to understand. We still are screwing over tribes today with lack of water resources. I don't know what to write that would change your mind. Peace.

Wars have winners and losers.

It's well past time to move on.

Except for the Osage Indians......we gave them shit land with Oil! Worked out really good for them....

oh-well-william-hale.gif

This is the truth. They lost.

This is the truth. They lost.

Jimmy and his libs friends use a high powered magnifying glass when analyzing and criticizing U.S. action, all the while either forgetful or ignorant to the actions of native tribes prior to the whites arriving on the continent. It's a fascinating approach, one that has been programmed into many.

Between 1492 and 1900, an estimated 12 million Indigenous people died within the current US borders, which is a 96% population drop. Some say the US government authorized over 1,500 wars, attacks, and raids on Indigenous people, more than any other country in the world.

Jimmy and his libs friends use a high powered magnifying glass when analyzing and criticizing U.S. action, all the while either forgetful or ignorant to the actions of native tribes prior to the whites arriving on the continent. It's a fascinating approach, one that has been programmed into many.

You are a dipshit. I enlisted. You did not. Would I have systematically killed Iraqis....no.

I once read somewhere, "How can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Fascinating indeed.

I am also in favor of holding modern natives accountable for what happened centuries ago before Europeans arrived. They must suffer.

I would guess some native tribes lived around lake okoboji at some point. Maybe they should give it back.

All of Europe and Asia was fought and conquered multiple times in recorded history. Who decides?

At some point people owe it to themselves to use education to improve themselves. Does your family no good to use history as an excuse.

I would guess some native tribes lived around lake okoboji at some point. Maybe they should give it back.

All of Europe and Asia was fought and conquered multiple times in recorded history. Who decides?

At some point people owe it to themselves to use education to improve themselves. Does your family no good to use history as an excuse.

No good indeed. No good to ignore history either. Folks here will never surprise me.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP

They were educated on how to live off of the land with what nature provided for them, and they did it successfully for thousands of years. Perhaps it is you who is uneducated and needs to improve. Be better.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
No good indeed. No good to ignore history either. Folks here will never surprise me.
Not ignoring it. World conquest and its history is well documented. Do you expect the Mongols to pay for the 37-60 million people they killed in the 13th century?

Don’t see China Russia Bulgaria or Poland blaming everything on it today. Those damn Mongols ruined everything.

White people also use to own other white peoples as slaves all over Europe.

Native Americans also slaughtered other native Americans. The “who owned first” line is laughable.

People are always generous with other people’s money and property. Guessing if all of central Iowa was debating giving back every acre to the last Native American blood line they could find people would change their opinion in a hurry.

They were educated on how to live off of the land with what nature provided for them, and they did it successfully for thousands of years. Perhaps it is you who is uneducated and needs to improve. Be better.

They had such a vibrant culture. Sure they went to war with each other. But they were stewards of the lands. Never killed for sport; only for food and shelter.

Why then did native tribes leave their boundaries and conquer, steal, rape and enslave other tribes?

No one is saying give everything back to all tribes but the number of broken treaties by the federal government is insane.

The land the Winnebago tribe got back was taken for a recreational area that was never developed. It took 50 years and a law to get it back to them.

Just admit the government has done them dirty throughout history.

1.5 billion acres was seized by the United States from native people. I am sure as long as it isn’t your land you are good with giving it back.
Most of the treaties between Native Americans and the United States were agreed upon at the tip of the sword and other unsavory means. I don't think it's asking too much for our government to at least live up to the terms of those treaties.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT