ADVERTISEMENT

Winston Churchill saw the rise of the MAGAs coming.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
I picked up Tim Miller's book, Why We Did It a few days ago. Miller was a high level operative in the GOP for several years, but then became a Never Trumper. It's a decent read as he explains his break from the GOP. He mentions a quote by Churchill that he says represents where the GOP was starting to go in 2012. Churchill was warning of the rise of fascism in Europe, but it speaks to the appeasement and mollification that assists in the rise of an authoritarian movement. "Each one hopes that if he feeds the crocodile enough, it will eat him last. All of them hope that the storm will pass before their turn to be devoured. But, I fear greatly that the storm will not pass".
So, today's GOP is filled with weak willed appeasers who think that they will be left standing when the crocodile has gorged itself. McCarthy. McConnell. Grassley. Ernst. Stefanik...

Last edited:
I picked up Tim Miller's book, Why We Did It a few days ago. Miller was a high level operative in the GOP for several years, but then because a Never Trumper. It's a decent read as he explains his break from the GOP. He mentions a quote by Churchill that he says represents where the GOP was starting to go in 2012. Churchill was warning of the rise of fascism in Europe, but it speaks to the appeasement and mollification that assists in the rise of an authoritarian movement. "Each one hopes that if he feeds the crocodile enough, it will eat him last. All of them hope that the storm will pass before their turn to be devoured. But, I fear greatly that the storm will not pass".
So, today's GOP is filled with weak willed appeasers who think that they will be left standing when the crocodile has gorged itself. McCarthy. McConnell. Grassley. Ernst. Stefanik...

If you follow the latest Q drops, yes, a storm is coming.

and yes, I follow the Q crumbs. I don’t believe any of it but it’s a fun read.

I think the "I don't like Trump, but..." crowd who try to distance themselves from MAGA yet still defend them or diminish their threat and still vote for the MAGA enablers are worse than the flag waving ultra MAGA crowd. Lots of those on HROT. At least the cultists can be honest about who they are, the other ones are just sneaky. If you're really against trumpism it should be very easy to reject and fight against it altogether.

Lots of people are like Kirk and really struggle admitting they were wrong, unfortunately.

I think the "I don't like Trump, but..." crowd who try to distance themselves from MAGA yet still defend them or diminish their threat and still vote for the MAGA enablers are worse than the flag waving ultra MAGA crowd. Lots of those on HROT. At least the cultists can be honest about who they are, the other ones are just sneaky. If you're really against trumpism it should be very easy to reject and fight against it altogether.

Lots of people are like Kirk and really struggle admitting they were wrong, unfortunately.
Miller goes into the weird dynamic of people he used to work with who privately tell him they despise Trump, but work/worked for him. He has a pretty good classification system for the variety of reasons why/how people would justify it. The people who just crave to be near power. The people who compartmentalize and convince themselves they are doing good work. The nerds who couldn't get laid in high school and gravitate to politics and the power it bestows. The cultists. There are all kinds of reasons.

Wait… Q is still a thing?

MV5BMTgwMTA3Mjc3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTA1Njg4MTI@._V1_.jpg

Not sure what you are saying here.

Should someone that doesn't like Trump...but otherwise agrees with 90 percent of the views vote for someone else more likable that they agree with 10 percent of the time?

My economics professor this summer talked about how there is almost always a sharp rise in populist political movements following a financial crisis. Nazism and Hitler being one example. The Tea Party and Trump being another. They thrive on the us versus them mentality and cater to the economically forgotten population.

Miller doesn't pull any punches. Here is a partial list of the categories of enablers, and those who went along, and people he put in each category.
The Little Mix: Reince Priebus. A mix being someone who just wants to be in the middle of the action.
The Nerd Revenging Team Player: Sean Spicer.
The Strivers: Elise Stefanik. Filled with blind ambition, and willing to sell out any previous position to climb a rung up the ladder.
The Cartel Cashing, Team Playing, Tribalist Trolls: A bunch of people.
The Junior Messiah: Alyssa Farrah
The Demonizer and the Never Trumper: A friend he only identifies by a first name
He saves special scorn for guys like Lindsey Graham, who he calls a big mix. Someone who will get batted down repeatedly just for that one chance to say he was in the room that one time when he was able to convince Trump to not do something crazy. And, he repeatedly calls Chris Christie, Reek, as in the character from GoT. A humiliated former human who is kept in a dungeon until called forth to humiliate himself in public for the amusement of the boss. Although, to be fair to Theon Greyjoy he eventually proves to have some redeeming qualities. Christie has none.

ADVERTISEMENT