ADVERTISEMENT

Wirfs and Epenesa will play.

Mar 19, 2018
"I would feel like I was letting my teammates down," said Wirfs. "I made a commitment to them for 12 weeks plus camp. It feels like you're kind of bailing on them. So there's no way I wouldn't."

"You make it through the whole season with your teammates, with your brothers," said Epenesa. "I haven't decided if i'm staying or leaving. I'm just going, and playing for the guys with me."

Link

I would have been really shocked if either of them would have sat the bowl game out. I don't expect either to be wearing Hawkeye football gear next year, but wouldn't be shocked if either one of them came back. I doubt it, but wouldn't be shocked.

Didn't think for one second that they wouldn't play based on the character of the two young men. I hope that they leave early for the NFL for themselves and their families.

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone."

-Red

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT