ADVERTISEMENT

Wirfs injury not as bad as feared

SeaPA

HR Heisman
Dec 17, 2002
"Just" a high ankle sprain that will probably have him out for about a month. The way they were talking during the game yesterday, I was expecting it to be either a broken leg or bad knee/ankle injury that would have him out for the year, at a minimum.

Happened because some clown for Cleveland was blitzing & tried to hurdle the RB who'd stayed in to block; he got flipped & came down on the back of Wirf's leg. Of course, the Bucs should've never been in OT against the lowly Browns in the first place, but they crapped the bed.

At this point it doesn't matter. The Bucs are trash this year. We've been hit with injuries, we lost a number of vital pieces, and I'm not convinced our coaching staff has what it takes to put a winning product on the field. I mean when we can't even burn more than 13 seconds at a vital point and then totally screw up clock management when the offense is actually moving the ball for a chance to win at the end of the game? I'm done at this point.

Reactions: pink shizzle
At this point it doesn't matter. The Bucs are trash this year. We've been hit with injuries, we lost a number of vital pieces, and I'm not convinced our coaching staff has what it takes to put a winning product on the field. I mean when we can't even burn more than 13 seconds at a vital point and then totally screw up clock management when the offense is actually moving the ball for a chance to win at the end of the game? I'm done at this point.

Probably true, the Bucs have been awful this year. Combination of injuries, bad decisions on free agents (both in terms of who they let go, who they kept, who they brought in), bad coaching, and guys not playing as well as expected.

And yet they may well win their terrible division.

Probably true, the Bucs have been awful this year. Combination of injuries, bad decisions on free agents (both in terms of who they let go, who they kept, who they brought in), bad coaching, and guys not playing as well as expected.

It's true we may win our division, but that would only be because it certainly may be the worst division in the NFL from top to bottom this year. We certainly wouldn't deserve to be in the playoffs. That game yesterday was the final nail in my hope of anything worthwhile coming out of this season.

My hope is this season Tom Brady takes a sub .500 team into the playoffs and wins a superb owl.

Cool, what kind of owl would be considered superb?

4425461.webp

These are pretty superb hooters.

Nothing against Leftwich, but I felt like I was taking crazy pills when the last couple years everyone was claiming he should get a shot at a HC position in the NFL. LOL, you have Tom fvcking Brady and a stable of top level offensive weapons. Brian Ferentz would have led the offense to a SB win too. JFC

Bowles is a great DC, terrible Head Coach. If they can limp into the playoffs they'll get a home game and then anything can happen since TB12 is still the QB.

The one silver lining from the Cleveland game was that Godwin appears to finally be back to his old self. We will need that kind of performance from him down the stretch.

Depends sometimes a break can be better than a sprain. Depending on how high of a sprain grade it is. It certainly looked bad.

I have given up on the Bucs for this year. I was hopeful that Brady and the offense would eventually figure it out but that is apparently not going to happen.
Losing to the Panthers, Steelers and now Browns, all with back-up QBs, is pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT