ADVERTISEMENT

Wirfs OWI ?

The season cant start soon enough. This is the highest-risk time of the year. They have too much free time and they are 18-23 year-old young men away from home with limited supervision. The driving part is what makez this one worse. Kallenberger is going to get a trial by fire from the Huskie defense.

Is Dalton Ferguson healthy? Is there anyone that can bump out to tackle like Welsh did in the past?

I'm sure Ferentz would like to but I don't think he will jeopardize the seniors last ISU game by doing that.

I see what you’re saying, but if the punishment doesn’t fit the crime, then we’re no better than the Michigan States of the CFB world. And winning that way isn’t winning at all.

Check out @ScottDochterman’s Tweet:

Not that it makes it any better but there is talk he may have been over .02 but under .08.

Trial by fire on building the offensive line depth.

Last edited:
Our season hinges on a 2nd year right tackle? That’s an indication of larger issues.

That's one way to phrase it... a deceptive way, but one way. You know as well as I do that Wirfs isn't just a "second year tackle". He's a prized recruit and athlete good enough to have started at both tackle positions as a true Freshmen...something never done under KFz.

This is a significant loss, could cost us a game.

I try to give the young men the benefit of the doubt, but that's tough to do in this case. It's almost inconceivable that a young man with his responsibility would make such a terrible decision. It not only hurts him but his family, his team, and his school. There are a zillion things he could have done instead. It's one of the most boneheaded acts by a Hawkeye in recent memory. It's a shame for everyone affected by it.

Dang it. Wirfs better learn good from this one and never show up in the headlines the wrong way again. No more messing around. Get the season going already...keep these guys occupied.

We have seen how KF will handle this. Wirfs will miss the first game regardless who they are playing. He holds his players accountable. This isn't Nowlege U under Osborne.
Exactly but I'm guessing 2 or 3 games..... at least Kallenberger will get all the first team reps this fall. Sucks that Wirfs won't get quality reps this fall.....his first game action could be against Wisconsin..... OUCH.

Without knowing what happened, I would have assumed he had raped somebody at gunpoint from reading this thread. Good Lord guys, get a grip.

If missing Wirfs for a game derails the season, then just call it off now. A couple of linemen are going to get hurt this year. This is no different other than the fact that this gives them more time to prepare than an in season injury.

It’s not good, but calm the **** down.

Bad decision making here by Wirfs. Is it just me but we never have the “starting o-line for the opener? Always seems to be an injury or suspension then the line is not settled until week 4 or 5....this is a bad deal

Reactions: FlickShagwell
I try to give the young men the benefit of the doubt, but that's tough to do in this case. It's almost inconceivable that a young man with his responsibility would make such a terrible decision. It not only hurts him but his family, his team, and his school. There are a zillion things he could have done instead. It's one of the most boneheaded acts by a Hawkeye in recent memory. It's a shame for everyone affected by it.
Yeah, he could have hired an Uber.

I couldn't think of what was right there, so I googled it, I'm guessing he was on his way to McDonalds. (I'm guessing he got pulled over in the muffler shop)

Without knowing what happened, I would have assumed he had raped somebody at gunpoint from reading this thread. Good Lord guys, get a grip.

If missing Wirfs for a game derails the season, then just call it off now. A couple of linemen are going to get hurt this year. This is no different other than the fact that this gives them more time to prepare than an in season injury.

It’s not good, but calm the **** down.
Are we having an overreaction to a mis-perceived overreaction this fine Sunday morning? I think so.

Dam! I’ve been there before, had a brew or two wasn’t even feeling it drove home and got popped.. very dumb specially in hind sight because you sit there & go over all the options you had beside driving, then 30 other people will drive home completely hammered and not get caught.. I’m not sure what Tristan’s excuse was but mine was i hated riding in people’s little bitty cars at 6’4 275.. sure was way more uncomfortable in the back of the 5-0 cruiser...take your beating like a man & just make better choices is all, learn a lesson and be better! these things happen!

& normally on a football team even though u feel like let your teammates down and it sucks most of them will have ur back still because, and let’s be real, half of them were there doing the same thing as you and were sadly gonna drive home too.. I’m sure they’ll be some extra conditioning because while your teammates will have your back the coaches are gonna have ur ASS!

Horseshit he broke the law he's 19 drinking age is 21 no excuses not saying he's not a good kid but he knew better plain and simple
that law is crap it should be 18 , If an 18 year old kid can get his guts blown out in Afghanistan He should be able to drink a beer , The Governmant has set so many moronic laws in the US its astounding.

that law is crap it should be 18 , If an 18 year old kid can get his guts blown out in Afghanistan He should be able to drink a beer , The Governmant has set so many moronic laws in the US its astounding.
Yeah! Same goes for the immigration laws that are bullshit. If someone is able to make it across our borders, they should be allowed to stay and take advantage of our welfare system.The Government has set so many moronic laws in the US it truly is astounding.

[hope your sarcasm meter is working]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT