ADVERTISEMENT

Wirfs sending a Nebraska player to the bench.. er... stands

Sipple is one of those born and bred Husker homers that was obnoxious to listen to when kxno would have him on with Marty & Miller.

Add in 19 taunting after the 10 plus yard run by T Good for a first down on a first down run.

Nebraska gonna Nebraska.

Last edited:
Interesting picture in that link. Tate Wildeman from Nebraska. Dad played at Iowa. Was there a story about his recruiting? Bad feelings? Limited interest? Getting old, can’t remember.

I think we got in late on him and by that time his dad was butthurt about us not showing much early interest, if my memory serves correct.

I think we got in late on him and by that time his dad was butthurt about us not showing much early interest, if my memory serves correct.
This is just heresay. I was FB messaged by a "friend of the family" back when this happened. So take it for what it's worth, which probably isn't much.

Supposedly, because he was from Colorado, and outside the Iowa footprint, coach Bell sent him a letter asking him why was he interested in Iowa. (as previously stated, his dad was a Hawkeye player) So this offended them, bigtime. (Tate apparently was always a Hawkeye fan, even named his dog "Hawkeye")

Then, on his visit to NE, they pressured him into committing on the visit, and although they later realized it and regretted it, the day it came out that he had verballed to NE, Coach Bell tweeted something like "You should have been a man and honored your word" because apparently in the pre-Nebraska visit, Tate had told Coach Bell that he would visit Iowa before he committed anywhere else. Well, that sealed the deal, his dad was so pissed he was going to Iowa City and kick Coach Bell's ass. Anyway, I didn't even know the guy, we just kinda went back and forth about why Wildman didn't visit Iowa when he dad was a legacy, and Tate was high rated prospect. That's all I got.

This is just heresay. I was FB messaged by a "friend of the family" back when this happened. So take it for what it's worth, which probably isn't much.

Supposedly, because he was from Colorado, and outside the Iowa footprint, coach Bell sent him a letter asking him why was he interested in Iowa. (as previously stated, his dad was a Hawkeye player) So this offended them, bigtime. (Tate apparently was always a Hawkeye fan, even named his dog "Hawkeye")

Then, on his visit to NE, they pressured him into committing on the visit, and although they later realized it and regretted it, the day it came out that he had verballed to NE, Coach Bell tweeted something like "You should have been a man and honored your word" because apparently in the pre-Nebraska visit, Tate had told Coach Bell that he would visit Iowa before he committed anywhere else. Well, that sealed the deal, his dad was so pissed he was going to Iowa City and kick Coach Bell's ass. Anyway, I didn't even know the guy, we just kinda went back and forth about why Wildman didn't visit Iowa when he dad was a legacy, and Tate was high rated prospect. That's all I got.

Who knows with these things. The father was a good player under Hayden and was on the strength staff when KF took over, and the entire strength staff was let go when KF hired Doyle. So it was likely going to be an uphill battle from the get-go.

If I'm remembering correctly the next play was the pitch to ISM where Stanley led him all the way into the endzone, ok maybe not all the way but he tried :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT