ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin basketball

bogfeller

Scout Team
Jan 26, 2019
Wisconsin basketball was exposed last night. Their offense is walk the ball up the court, pass and hold until 10-12 seconds on shot clock, then pass down low and back down and back down to try to get a 5 footer or if doubled, pass out for a 3 point attempt. Their defense is to bump and hold and they still flop——they got a T tonight for flopping—-new rule has been implemented—- (Davison rule). It is obvious they still coach the flop.

Wisconsin basketball was exposed last night. Their offense is walk the ball up the court, pass and hold until 10-12 seconds on shot clock, then pass down low and back down and back down to try to get a 5 footer or if doubled, pass out for a 3 point attempt. Their defense is to bump and hold and they still flop——they got a T tonight for flopping—-new rule has been implemented—- (Davison rule). It is obvious they still coach the flop.
That's been Wisconsin basketball for 20 years. However the refs always focus more on Fran than they do the actual way Wisconsin is playing when Iowa plays them. So, Wisconsin gets away with that crap and Iowa plays like crap against them.

The style of play is grating, and they've had the biggest collection of punchable faces over the last 20 years of any team this side of Duke.
Kind of the Iowa football of the basketball world except they've won the big ten and had some real postseason success in the last decade

It’s the weakest roster they’ve had in a really long time. Iowa should have won with or without Kris
Why? Iowa lost to one of the worst teams in the country at home in a layup contest. They went on to lose to a bad Nebraska team by 16. As good as this team has looked at times, they have shown that they are more than capable of losing to much worse teams than Wisconsin.

Lived there for several years—fan base is also grating.

Also Tyler Wahl has another of those punchables faces. Especially after he laughed at and waved at the Iowa crowd after winning in December at Carver.

Still can’t understand Gard standing by Davison and not acknowledging his numerous dirty tactics.

It seems a lot of their defensive philosophy is to try to “get away with” stuff.

Kind of the Iowa football of the basketball world except they've won the big ten and had some real postseason success in the last decade
I can't decide if this is just a poorly constructed sentence, or a possible Legend12 alt handle.

Freshman kid with the big ears is a pretty good shooter.
Gona have to guard him closely.

Last edited:
I really think we'll win at Madison. I suspect we'll come out focused, confident, and angry. We have a score to settle with those boys.

Reactions: perryhawk
All the Wisconsin tools who come here say they love their style of play & refuse to acknowledge how lame it is. Their ideal game is a 23-21 victory where every shot has to come with <2 seconds left on the shot clock.

Why? Iowa lost to one of the worst teams in the country at home in a layup contest. They went on to lose to a bad Nebraska team by 16. As good as this team has looked at times, they have shown that they are more than capable of losing to much worse teams than Wisconsin.
Do not forget Eastern Illinois.

All the Wisconsin tools who come here say they love their style of play & refuse to acknowledge how lame it is. Their ideal game is a 23-21 victory where every shot has to come with <2 seconds left on the shot clock.
It's the same with ISU and Iowa football.

You guys complaining about Wisc. - Remember back in the 80's or 90's when there was no shot clock. I think we played Minn. when they had the guy that played pro baseball for years on that team. I think halftime score was like 8-10 or 14-12. They just held the ball forever!

Unfortunately I recall it being a dunk contest with only one competitor getting repeated attempts.

Oh really? Is this something new😂

I really think we'll win at Madison. I suspect we'll come out focused, confident, and angry. We have a score to settle with those boys.

They’ll have some dude throw in a bunch of crap he hasn’t all year and the officiating will be borderline criminal. Hope iowa wins, but not counting on it.

• Sad
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
During one of the BTN game broadcasts that had an ex-badger doing the color (Butch?) a foul was called and he blurted out that you need to foul down low with your body, not with your hands if you don't want it called.

When I lived in Madison it was common knowledge that they would run “fake charge” drills. They would also have officials come for scrimmages and then when they reviewed film, they would give awards for those that fouled the most but didn’t get called for it.

Still dislike MSU and maybe Illannoy more than Wisky, but they have gone from a team that I sort of liked a decade ago to one that I love to watch lose. Gard is a piece of #&*^ (choose your favorite nasty word).

Reactions: Herklejerk
You guys complaining about Wisc. - Remember back in the 80's or 90's when there was no shot clock. I think we played Minn. when they had the guy that played pro baseball for years on that team. I think halftime score was like 8-10 or 14-12. They just held the ball forever!
Dave Winfield was the Minny player who played professional baseball.

When I lived in Madison it was common knowledge that they would run “fake charge” drills. They would also have officials come for scrimmages and then when they reviewed film, they would give awards for those that fouled the most but didn’t get called for it.
I've always gotten the distinct impression that the dirty crap is most definitely coached. It's been way too consistent over way too many years not to be the case.

It's just bullsh*t basketball all the way around from the head coach to the scorekeepers to the kid who mops the floors at time outs.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Yes it's currently that way for ISU bball, but it hasn't always been like that over the past 20+ years like it has Wisconsin.
The Clones are much more physical than the sneaky Wisconsins. They just keep fouling you thinking the refs can't call everything. Bucky has lost 5 of the last six. If they are going to lay low and move up the ladder, like they did last year, they will have to win some tough games ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT