ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin in 2015

soybean

HB King
Sep 30, 2001
Conventional wisdom this year is that Wisconsin will be down from its recent highs. I think that could be true. But it could also be true that Wisconsin wins the Big10 West, and they could do it handily. I think after they absorb the almost certain loss at Alabama the Badgers might roll through the remainder of their schedule. I firmly believe that only Iowa(yes, Iowa), Nebraska and Minnesota will present a stiff challenge after September 5th.

Sept. 5, 2015 at Alabama LOSS
Sept. 12, 2015 Miami-OH WIN
Sept. 19, 2015 Troy WIN
Sept. 26, 2015 Hawaii WIN
Oct. 3, 2015 Iowa Toss-up
Oct. 10, 2015 at Nebraska WIN
Oct. 17, 2015 Purdue WIN
Oct. 24, 2015 at Illinois WIN
Oct. 31, 2015 Rutgers WIN
Nov. 7, 2015 at Maryland WIN
Nov. 21, 2015 Northwestern WIN
Nov. 28, 2015 at Minnesota WIN

Besides Alabama, Wisconsin's schedule is just as easy as Iowa. I am not convinced that Chryst is a good head coach. They lost a lot of players from last year's team, they still have questions at WR and QB and while Clement is good, he is no Gordon. I would bet their D remains solid.

Reactions: cidsports
Besides Alabama, Wisconsin's schedule is just as easy as Iowa. I am not convinced that Chryst is a good head coach. They lost a lot of players from last year's team, they still have questions at WR and QB and while Clement is good, he is no Gordon. I would bet their D remains solid.

Yep.

If you're going to ignore his "Beside Alabama", then yes, it's just as easy.

I don't know of anyone who think Wisconsin won't lose to Alabama....in fact, many think the Crimson Tide will take the Badgers to the woodshed. But after that arse kicking is over is not beyond the realm of possibilty that Wisconsin could run the table.

Never underestimate the ability of Paul Chryst to put a team's feet to sleep. Getting a team energized for 11 wins in a row? No.

I think the Bama game will be close. Zero offense by either side frankly. Alabama will shut down Wiskys offense but Alabama does not have an offense, and will not especially in week one. I would not be shocked if this came down to the wire.

I think the Bama game will be close. Zero offense by either side frankly. Alabama will shut down Wiskys offense but Alabama does not have an offense, and will not especially in week one. I would not be shocked if this came down to the wire.

If Alabama doesn't rip Wisconsin from stem to stern I will be both surprised and gratified.

:confused:Really, Iowa is a toss up at Wisconsin and Wisconsin is a sure win in Lincoln.....ahhhh O.K.:rolleyes:

I would have to agree with OP. The winner of Wisky/Iowa will have the edge to win the west.
The last weekend will be interesting Wisky at Minnesota & Iowa at Nebraska.

I think Nebby probably has more raw talent than anyone else in the West. But they usually always do. Their change of coach will be more of a transition than Wiscy's, but Wiscy has had more talent drop off.

If Minny can stop the run, and find a downfield attack, they could be interesting to watch.
Iowa to me could go either way. I have a sense they could be better than expected, but only if conventional wisdom is true about being able to develop offensive linemen. In many ways they have more potential playmakers than they have had in a long time.

I suspect all four teams will be at least respectable.

My heart wants Wiscy to beat Bama, but I doubt that happens. I think Bama is motivated from their loss to tOSU last year. That game was a game of errors. By both teams. Big errors as I see it. You would think Bama would be motivated just from that.

Wisconsin has nowhere near the talent of an 11 win team. But, their schedule is pretty forgiving. I still think without Melvin Gordon they go 7-5 last year. They lost a ton of experience off their o and d lines plus the best playmaker in the conference in Gordon. They still have no passing game (and lost two of their top targets) and lost most of their front 7 on D.

I'll say they go 8-4.

And we all know that they are never wrong, right?

How come Iowa isn't favored in Madison or a pickem game?

Wisconsin is a -1 favorite in Lincoln if you bet on the odds but we all know your crystal ball comes true.:rolleyes:

Wisconsin's season will be determined by injuries in the Alabama game.....

To the point of injuries and lack of depth in the West, Wisky is having a hell of a time getting settled on their O line right now due to nagging injuries. Not much time to work it out before Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT