ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin making moves

Aware of that,... Aranda remained at Wisconsin when Anderson left and that's when he was allowed to fully pursue his defensive vision with Alvarez looking over his shoulder,.. Anderson's offensive plan never meshed with Barry's...
What specific changes did Aranda make to the defense, under Alverez's guidance, in 2015 that he was unable to implement when working with Andersen in 2013-14?

Iowa, Illinois and Minny fans won't like this, but I'll bet many of the media folks will pick Wisconsin to be the favorite in the B1G West next season. UW will have all of it's Offensive Skill positions back, plus the WR Transfers - Williams, Pauling and Burroughs. Upgraded the QB position greatly, have a proven starter in Mordecai who threw for over 7K yards and 72 TDs the last two years at SMU, plus very solid depth in two 4-star QBs - Evers and Locke. Each have 4 years of eligibility left and can develop. Both Modecai and Evers are athletic and elusive in open field.

The Badgers also picked up a new starting Center (Renfro) and an all AAC Guard for depth. On Defense they picked up a starting CB from BC and an all conference D Lineman and team captain from Temple (Varder). In addition to Mich St. OLB who lead them in sacks two seasons ago (was hurt most of 2022 season). Also picked up a Freshman All-American kicker from Ohio U.

On Offense, they will still run the ball 50%+ of the time, but will be multiple at WR and spread Defenses out, which will help Allen and Melusi in not having to run into 8-9 man boxes on most downs.

I'd be shocked if there isn't a big step forward in 2023, especially with the way the schedule lines up for The Badgers.

Iowa, Illinois and Minny fans won't like this, but I'll bet many of the media folks will pick Wisconsin to be the favorite in the B1G West next season. UW will have all of it's Offensive Skill positions back, plus the WR Transfers - Williams, Pauling and Burroughs. Upgraded the QB position greatly, have a proven starter in Mordecai who threw for over 7K yards and 72 TDs the last two years at SMU, plus very solid depth in two 4-star QBs - Evers and Locke. Each have 4 years of eligibility left and can develop. Both Modecai and Evers are athletic and elusive in open field.

The Badgers also picked up a new starting Center (Renfro) and an all AAC Guard for depth. On Defense they picked up a starting CB from BC and an all conference D Lineman and team captain from Temple (Varder). In addition to Mich St. OLB who lead them in sacks two seasons ago (was hurt most of 2022 season). Also picked up a Freshman All-American kicker from Ohio U.

On Offense, they will still run the ball 50%+ of the time, but will be multiple at WR and spread Defenses out, which will help Allen and Melusi in not having to run into 8-9 man boxes on most downs.

I'd be shocked if there isn't a big step forward in 2023, especially with the way the schedule lines up for The Badgers.
Oh great :)

Reactions: badger-007
Wisconsin schedule for 2023:
Buffalo, home
Washington State, away
Georgia Southern, home
Bye

Purdue, away
Rutgers, home
Iowa, home

Illinois, away
Ohio State, home
Indiana, away

Northwestern, home
Nebraska, home
Minnesota, away

I predict 10-2 best case; 8-4 worst case.

Wisconsin schedule for 2023:
Buffalo, home
Washington State, away
Georgia Southern, home
Bye

Purdue, away
Rutgers, home
Iowa, home

Illinois, away
Ohio State, home
Indiana, away

Northwestern, home
Nebraska, home
Minnesota, away

I predict 10-2 best case; 8-4 worst case.
I predict 11-1...Fickell has loaded them up.

And here sits Iowa, SSDD. I know, we got transfers, but we have the same mentality coaching the 1980s Offense.

What do you guys think the Badgers are going to look like next year? New coach, new coordinators, tons of transfers coming in including 3 new QBs. I've talked with my badger friends that are excited about the new direction, but I wonder if it's possible they could be the new Nebraska?

There is no way they can keep up with Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, USC in recruiting, but it seems like they're going to try to replicate their style of play (at least on the offensive side of the ball). They've been the leaders in the West since the east/west split, and have been a staple in the Big Ten with their style of play since Barry took over.

Can they make this large of a transition and lead once again? Will they still get the NFL running backs and have a solid defense? God I hope not. It's going to be an interesting season.
Just a matter of time before 4-8 is the norm.

Someone has to hang out with Nebraska at the bottom. Iowa needs to step up their efforts in the off season national championship world. Nebraska is a 12 time defending off season national champion and needs to be stopped

• Haha
Reactions: obfuscating
The mentality of playing not lose games vs playing to win them under KF has worked more than not. It is now time to change the script and start playing to win games on the offensive side of the ball due to all the changes taking place with other teams in the league, upgrading their coaches and skill position position players with NIL, now a huge part of the game and success that can take place on an annual basis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT