ADVERTISEMENT

Wiscy numerical grades

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010
Here we go

LEE- 106 took him till the 2nd

TESKE -92 Looking to solidify himself as our 133 moving forward. Working his way to challenging for AA honors in a TUFF weight class.

WOODS- 90 Strong at the start again, scoring from TOP. Needs to keep improving his conditioning

MURIN- 79 He wrestled pretty well but his shots were all straight on it seemed? Kid is obviously very good but you need to have something that will give you a chance to get in and score.

COBE- 91 Knocked out a higher ranked wrestler. It seemed like he almost knew he could score and waited awhile before he fired off a good shot.

KENNEDY- 80 right there with the number 6 guy, but I did not see a sense of urgency at all when he was in deep several times? Kid has good counters/defense on all I get it but am I shooting my best stuff trying to win or worrying about what he might do?

RHOADS- 75 stepped in and went hard against a good wrestler

ASSAD- 50 Nice high bridge, was not pinned in my opinion but........

FRANKLIN-83 step in for us in a TUFF spot after the pin. crowd was loud. He fought a ranked wrestler toe to toe and fought out of the cradle to keep the team score close for BIG cass!

BIG CASS-95 with match on the line in front of a big loud crowd he kept himself cool and got the job done!

Nice crowd which is good to see! I believe they said over 5K

97 for the wiscy mat. Not a big fan of the state thing but nice new shinny. Think IOWA can get one soon!?!?!?

Here we go

TESKE -92 Looking to solidify himself as our 133 moving forward. Working his way to challenging for AA honors in a TUFF weight class.

WOODS- 90 Strong at the start again, scoring from TOP. Needs to keep improving his conditioning

MURIN- 79 He wrestled pretty well but his shots were all straight on it seemed? Kid is obviously very good but you need to have something that will give you a chance to get in and score.

COBE- 91 Knocked out a higher ranked wrestler. It seemed like he almost knew he could score and waited awhile before he fired off a good shot.

KENNEDY- 80 right there with the number 6 guy, but I did not see a sense of urgency at all when he was in deep several times? Kid has good counters/defense on all I get it but am I shooting my best stuff trying to win or worrying about what he might do?

FRANKLIN-83 step in for us in a TUFF spot after the pin. crowd was loud. He fought a ranked wrestler toe to toe and fought out of the cradle to keep the team score close for BIG cass!

BIG CASS-95 with match on the line in front of a big loud crowd he kept himself cool and got the job done!

97 for the wiscy mat. Not a big fan of the state thing but nice new shinny. Think IOWA can get one soon!?!?!?
math-numbers.gif

The Bird Man is smoking his corn stalks looking for some positivity. This team, even with all the starters in the line up, just isn't going to get close to winning a national title.

The Bird Man is smoking his corn stalks looking for some positivity. This team, even with all the starters in the line up, just isn't going to get close to winning a national title.
Tried to convince myself we had a shooters chance. Not so much after today.

WOW, what a difference a couple of days makes huh??? I will agree that this was not a great performance by any standard. That being said, each match is different for many reasons and each individual bout is different.

It seems that many on here don't get this fact. Every time some one looks good they are all Gung ho. Then they deflate like a popped ballon if they don't look good.

We will have to perform much better and possible our very best to beat F*** st in the dual. We already know this. I am not seeing anything that makes me wanna jump ship?

Lee looked like Lee and will get us 6

Teske looked good and should be able to keep it close

Woods looked good and should win

Murin faced a National title contender and was in the match. I don't think F*** st is as good here

Cobe beat someone ranked above him. It will be a close match

Kennedy faced #6 and was toe to toe. Again the kitties are not as good here

Brands was not in line up and hopefully some rest will do him good

Assad got thrown. He does not mind being in tie ups. Do not see this as a problem in happy land.

Warner see brands

BIG cass not his best match but keeps winning.

I don't know? Where did we all of a sudden have the wheels fall off from what you people saw? What individual match did you watch in this dual that makes you feel that we had a chance, and now we have none?

NOTE: This is NOT intended to be a question in response to the TURD troll(s)!!!!

Tried to convince myself we had a shooters chance. Not so much after today.
I’m biased as a psu fan and believed Iowa would probably lose a close one to PSU to PSU winning easily. And a realistic chance for Iowa to wins close one.
Who shows up Friday? Iowa from Friday or today?
As for the tournament I don’t think they have a realistic shot this year.

Reactions: DropitlikeitsHawk
Was anyone anticipating a national title this year? Seems like we’ve all known it was a race for second. Unless PSU had multiple season ending injuries

I’m biased as a psu fan and believed Iowa would probably lose a close one to PSU to PSU winning easily. And a realistic chance for Iowa to wins close one.
Nobody here gives a shit what you think, dude.

Also depends on which PSU team shows up. Fridays or the one today.

Oh, we all thought you had Iowa winning it all...

• Haha
Reactions: Gobblin
Seems right to me.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Here we go

Good numbers my friend! And though like most I don't think Assad was pinned but I think it was heading in that direction. He's gotta be ready for that stuff. FWIW, I really liked what I saw with RW. Kicked ass in the first and then continued to work on his conditioning. Would be great seeing the TF, but would much rather see that DEC and work on the conditioning (and not get further hobbled) than to try to do it all and risk an issue. I think he's looking really good for March! Can't wait to see how he looks against Bartlett...

And I don't ever think they were going to with what Iowa is bringing to the table and what PSU is bringing. We were always battling for second with this squad...

And I don't ever think they were going to with what Iowa is bringing to the table and what PSU is bringing. We were always battling for second with this squad...
I know I’m being captain obvious, but wrestling is obviously an individual sport. So it’s a really tough road the whole assuming that your opponents will have some party is it almost every level and final for real great day for your team. In any wrestling match.
It could happen of course but there’s so many moving parts with ten matches and 3-6 possible points. Every bonus made or missed on a victory is a big deal.

I can see Iowa winning but it’s thread a very narrow path.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
I was so impressed with Woods.

Then the first period ended.

This is where some of you call me a troll and not a Hawkeye fan.

😂😂😂

Watched PSU vs Michigan the other night. Man, they are loaded. Their backside is killer. I think they win handily against us. PSU is just on a different level.
I must have watched a different dual. What I saw was a pretty uneventful blah dual. Michigan laid an egg. Yea psu had a couple of nice wins at 157 & 165 but both Michigan wrestlers wrestled way to conservative and paid for it. Starfish about the only wrestler that really impressed although his competition was probably the weakest. Brooks is probably my favorite wrestler on their team and he always does what he needs to do. Parris winning surprised me a little bit as well. I would say we looked better on Friday night but definitely not better on Sunday.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
Did ANYONE think that was a fall??

What a bunch of bs.

Can you imagine if we lost due to that call?

Terrible.
Especially as slow as the ref was to call back points all day and then call a roll through type fall. Was it heading that way probably and hopefully Assad does not go back into a shell and learns from it. I thought he was wrestling a lot better so far this year until that moment.

Here we go

Again Teske at 92 by beating 7-9 guy, 4-0, seems a bit high.

Reactions: Trapper85
Again Teske at 92 by beating 7-9 guy, 4-0, seems a bit high.
You might be right? He did shut the guy out and I am giving extra credit for him moving forward and taking the spot from what it appears like.
Abe gets a 0.0. No excuse for getting tossed by a scrub.
I gave him some points for a good bridge, which he was not pinned and I think he may have been able to fight out of the hold. Guess we will never know. Assad like I said is not afraid to go upper body. It cost him this time against a guy who I believe has a Greco background? It was a hell of a throw if you watch it over a few times!

You might be right? He did shut the guy out and I am giving extra credit for him moving forward and taking the spot from what it appears like.

I gave him some points for a good bridge, which he was not pinned and I think he may have been able to fight out of the hold. Guess we will never know. Assad like I said is not afraid to go upper body. It cost him this time against a guy who I believe has a Greco background? It was a hell of a throw if you watch it over a few times!
He got tossed by a scrub.

D
157 and 184 would certainly be impacted, benefiting Iowa if PSU were to go with their Sunday lineup. No disputing that.
I’d guess Brooks isn’t resting on Friday , Same with Haines. I believe PSU has the advantage but Iowa is Iowa and number two in the country .
I’m sure Sanderson wants to win it. Sometimes I think he tries stuff like maybe lineup shuffles or working on certain things but I doubt he gets cute against Iowa.

D

I’d guess Brooks isn’t resting on Friday , Same with Haines. I believe PSU has the advantage but Iowa is Iowa and number two in the country .
I’m sure Sanderson wants to win it. Sometimes I think he tries stuff like maybe lineup shuffles or working on certain things but I doubt he gets cute against Iowa.
I would guess they both go as well. That was my point. Both teams put better lineups on the mat Friday Vs Sunday this past weekend.

Replay is up on big10 plus. Assad match at 1:14. He was pinned.
I have watched and re-watched, I do not see a pin?
He got tossed by a scrub.
Not sure I would call the kid a scrub? I get he is no where near a guy who should beat Assad! As I said he is a Greco guy and in hindsight Assad should not have played the upper body game with him. Kid obviously had a game plan, knows where he is best, got to his position and let it rip.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT