ADVERTISEMENT

Wisky says No Tix fo You

Feldbush

All-Conference
Sep 15, 2006
Dear Badgers,

Today I write to you with mixed emotions. Earlier today, the Big Ten announced the revised, conference-only schedule for the 2020 football season. If we are able to proceed with it, our season will start in about one month, on Sept. 4 at Camp Randall Stadium against Indiana.

While this seems like a step in the right direction to the return of collegiate athletics, I can’t help but feel conflicted knowing that even in the best-case scenario, our return to football will be nothing like the experience we all love.

That season opener would normally be a celebration, from the tailgating to the Student Section Race to the Fifth Quarter. Like you I have been paying close attention to the case numbers in our community and we are preparing for the reality that it will not be appropriate for thousands of fans to gather in Camp Randall on Saturdays this fall.

We are greatly appreciative of the support of our student body. The passion you bring to Camp Randall energizes the entire stadium. Having experienced that for decades, it disappoints me that we will not be able to offer student season tickets this year.

As more updates on the fall season become available, we will continue to communicate with you.

I hope that you and your families are safe and healthy and wish you all the best with the new school year right around the corner.

On, Wisconsin!

Barry Alvarez Director of Athletics

Introducing the Badger Legacy Campaign
A Message to Football Season Ticket Holders
By Barry Alvarez, Wisconsin Director of Athletics
August 05, 2020

Dear fellow Badgers,

Today I write to you with mixed emotions. Earlier today, the Big Ten announced the revised, conference-only schedule for the 2020 football season. If we are able to proceed with it, our season will start in about one month, on Sept. 4 at Camp Randall Stadium against Indiana.

While this seems like a step in the right direction to the return of collegiate athletics, I can’t help but feel conflicted knowing that even in the best-case scenario, our return to football will be nothing like the experience we all love.

That season opener would normally be a celebration, from the tailgating to the Fifth Quarter. Like you, I have been paying close attention to the case numbers in our community and we are preparing for the reality that it will not be appropriate for thousands of fans to gather in Camp Randall on Saturdays this fall. As such, we wanted to communicate with you to discuss options and ask for your support.

We are greatly appreciative that 85 percent of our season ticket holders made the choice to order season tickets again this year and it disappoints me that we will not be able to provide those season tickets.

Imagine a world where Badger fans can't watch their team in Madison but maybe can in Iowa City? Say Iowa allows 15,000 in and they allow resale of tickets. Premium $s for them.

Strongly in Iowa's favor for fan attendance (at least of some number):

Republican Governor
U Prez seems like a guy who would allow some fans in
Barta same as U Prez.

Johnson County will not have a say.

Democrat Governor. Same with Pennsylvania. Governors will control whether anyone can attend or not.

Ohio is a Republican Gov, right now I think OSU has a zero fan situation.

Don't assume this will be rubber stamped based on party affiliation.

Ohio is a Republican Gov, right now I think OSU has a zero fan situation.

Don't assume this will be rubber stamped based on party affiliation.

Ohio State has not stated 0 fans. And yes, it depends on the Governor, the U Prez and the AD. Those 3, but mainly the first two.

Reactions: JayIrwin95
Ohio State has not stated 0 fans. And yes, it depends on the Governor, the U Prez and the AD. Those 3, but mainly the first two.

To clarify OSU currently has a zero fan situation because on August 1st, the Ohio Department of Health said no fans are allowed to watch contact sports.

Dewine will have to decide on it on it, cuz it impacts the Browns and Bengals as well. Will see what he does after he leaves his covid quarantine. :)

This is ridiculous. it is completely possible to have several thousands of fans in a 70-105k outdoor stadium, and maintain social distancing.

It is not rocket science. Space out the fans. Two to four in a group. Add a mask restriction. Problem solved... Throw in some hand sanitizer. And kick out the morons, just for good measure... It would be safer than going to a convenient store. Literally

MLB with no fans is a joke. Practice distancing. Use common sense....

That noted, For those who disobey, I am all for instituting flogging.... THAT is how much I want NCAA FB & MBB. The heck with the Covidiots.

This is ridiculous. it is completely possible to have several thousands of fans in a 70-105k stadium, and maintain social distancing.

It is not rocket science. Space out the fans. Two to four in a group. Add a mask restriction. Problem solved... Throw in some hand sanitizer. And kick out the morons, just for good measure... It would be safer than going to a convenient store. Literally

MLB with no fans is a joke. Practice distancing. Use commons sense....

This is ridiculous. it is completely possible to have several thousands of fans in a 70-105k outdoor stadium, and maintain social distancing.

If masks work then they should be allowing it.

Reactions: hawkeyeguy69
To clarify OSU currently has a zero fan situation because on August 1st, the Ohio Department of Health said no fans are allowed to watch contact sports.

Dewine will have to decide on it on it, cuz it impacts the Browns and Bengals as well. Will see what he does after he leaves his covid quarantine. :)

The testing must be going great when the Governor of Ohio tests positive one time and then last night they said when tested again he was negative.

Reactions: Run&Blade
Has the Michigan Governor stated no fans on games? Or won't she go that far at pissing people off in the state?

The testing must be going great when the Governor of Ohio tests positive one time and then last night they said when tested again he was negative.
Sounds like they used 2 different testing methods. Guess they will need a 3rd different one to break the tie.

So that means people could test negative and have it, or they test positive and don't have it.
Just wonderful.

If people do not think that lots of this is political, you have your head up your rear end. The simple fact that protests are still being held and people can not go to sporting events is an absolute farce. There is more contact in protests than in football. LOL

Reactions: Hendy hawk

giphy.gif

if having no fans in the stands (like nba, nhl and mlb) increases our chances of having an uninterrupted college football season, then i am all for it.

Reactions: papabeef

That is a blessing for the Browns and Bengals.

Reactions: Fsanford
if having no fans in the stands (like nba, nhl and mlb) increases our chances of having an uninterrupted college football season, then i am all for it.

If masks and distancing work like they say it does, then what is the issue? 15,000 people spread apart in a 70,000 seat stadium. Probably no concessions. Put in more port o johns and barrels of santizer.

If masks and distancing work like they say it does, then what is the issue? 15,000 people spread apart in a 70,000 seat stadium. Probably no concessions. Put in more port o johns and barrels of santizer.
I think the large crowd outside the stadium is bigger concern. You can limit parking to 50% capacity but unless you limit how many people can gather in the lots it won't matter much. Then that mass of Covid bait will saunter downtown for the games.

I think the large crowd outside the stadium is bigger concern. You can limit parking to 50% capacity but unless you limit how many people can gather in the lots it won't matter much. Then that mass of Covid bait will saunter downtown for the games.

Don't cross the police of university heights or iowa city.

Democrat Governor. Same with Pennsylvania. Governors will control whether anyone can attend or not.

So you mean "sane" governors who put public health and safety ahead of the selfish rants of a lunatic cult leader who lives in a big White House. Got it.

Reactions: papabeef
So you mean "sane" governors who put public health and safety ahead of the selfish rants of a lunatic cult leader who lives in a big White House. Got it.

Live in your bubble, bubble boy. Biden has to come out of his basement sooner or later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT